Shortened time in port.

The itenerary was only affected in Cozumel. We arrived 30 minutes late and are set to leave an hour early (so far). Belize and Roatan are scheduled to be normal port times.

No big deal!!

We thought it was a big deal. They told us we would get there an hour late and leave an hour early.

Had planned to go to an AI beach but when we figured it out thought we would only have 3 hours on the beach instead of 5 and decided not to go.

Still had a great cruise but wish they left GC earlier to give us more time in Cozumel.

The itenerary was only affected in Cozumel. We arrived 30 minutes late and are set to leave an hour early (so far). Belize and Roatan are scheduled to be normal port times.

No big deal!!

Not correct the itinerary was also affected in Grand Cayman.

I was referencing the Coz/Belize/Roatan Itinerary.... We don't go to GC this trip. We were only short about 1.5 hours port time and that was in COZ.

The ship has never gotten over 17.6 knots the whole trip, last night we we sailing at 14 knots. I am a little puzzled how Carnival can let this issue persist until the January dry dock. It reeks of mid-representation to me.

Anyhow, the only really abating thing to me is the elevator situation. There are at least one or two (sometimes more) out of service in each area. We are traveling with a friend that is in a wheelchair and the level of rudeness has been astonishing. College aged kids too lazy to walk a flight or two of stairs [emoji22]

I was referencing the Coz/Belize/Roatan Itinerary.... We don't go to GC this trip. We were only short about 1.5 hours port time and that was in COZ.

The ship has never gotten over 17.6 knots the whole trip, last night we we sailing at 14 knots. I am a little puzzled how Carnival can let this issue persist until the January dry dock. It reeks of mid-representation to me.

Anyhow, the only really abating thing to me is the elevator situation. There are at least one or two (sometimes more) out of service in each area. We are traveling with a friend that is in a wheelchair and the level of rudeness has been astonishing. College aged kids too lazy to walk a flight or two of stairs [emoji22]

We were surprised as to how many elevators were out of service the entire cruise earlier this month. One would think that a drydock would not be required to fix it.

Lots of frustration all around from waiting on elevators.

Geez, lots can happen and reasons for it. Missing a port would be more disheartening than spending 1 hour less at a port. No one gets short changed, you still get what you paid for - on or off the ship.

We were surprised as to how many elevators were out of service the entire cruise earlier this month. One would think that a drydock would not be required to fix it.

I hate the elevator and never take it. I find taking the stairs is faster than the elevator in many cases. Too many wheelchairs and walkers to deal with. I can't run the risk of having my toes ran over or people stepping on my feet. Too many people in an enclosed area. Too many people breathing on you. Unless you're immobile, take the stairs it's good for you.

Geez, lots can happen and reasons for it. Missing a port would be more disheartening than spending 1 hour less at a port. No one gets short changed, you still get what you paid for - on or off the ship.

Lets see you pay for a full day at an AI and than you lose two hours of that time about 40% by our calculations.

How is that getting what we paid for?

Lets see you pay for a full day at an AI and than you lose two hours of that time about 40% by our calculations.

It's a bummer for sure! I cruised to the British Isles last year and the ship almost didn't make it into Belfast because of the high winds. We sat out at sea all day until the winds calmed down. We had about 4 hours in port instead of 10. We made the best of it regardless. Cruise lines specifically state in the contract they may alter/skip, etc. any of the ports.

It's a bummer for sure! I cruised to the British Isles last year and the ship almost didn't make it into Belfast because of the high winds. We sat out at sea all day until the winds calmed down. We had about 4 hours in port instead of 10. We made the best of it regardless. Cruise lines specifically state in the contract they may alter/skip, etc. any of the ports.

Stuff happens thats for sure and certainly didnt spoil our cruise and didnt lead us to go to guest services asking for refund.

Perhaps Carnival doesn't let its employees fix elevators anymore after that horrid incident where the worker died and a cruiser posted a video of blood running down the door?

You were on an all inclusive cruise? How does 2 hours of a full day calculate out to 40% of a loss? The captain is the commander of the ship He can do whatever he chooses for the safety of everyone. We never stay on shore for the allotted time said, I don't see where we would lose anything. 2 hours is nothing compared to missing a port.

Perhaps Carnival doesn't let its employees fix elevators anymore after that horrid incident where the worker died and a cruiser posted a video of blood running down the door?

That was the employees error, he took the safety off. I talked to an elevator repair guy on the ship and he told us that. Maybe the guy killed himself on purpose. Dunno.

You were on an all inclusive cruise? How does 2 hours of a full day calculate out to 40% of a loss? The captain is the commander of the ship He can do whatever he chooses for the safety of everyone. We never stay on shore for the allotted time said, I don't see where we would lose anything. 2 hours is nothing compared to missing a port.

Let me clarify.

We were on a cruise and we booked an all inclusive for one port thinking we would have about 5 hours to enjoy ourselves at Nachi Cocum.

When the ship developed propulsion problems they got us there an hour later than scheduled and we had to leave an hour early to get back to NO as scheduled.

As a result we would have had only 3 hours there and we decided the cost of the day (about $ 150 total) was not worth it.

So we just stayed in the port area.

UGH starting to wish I hadn't just booked the Dream for Dec. Would have waited for it to come out of dry dock if read this first. I don't mind the elevator situation I use the stairs, even from Riviera deck, gotta earn that good food lol but less port time is a pretty big deal since 2 of these are new ports to us and we planned on longer excursions and a couple weren't going to be through Carnival. Better play it safe and just pay more and book through them if they are messing around with the port times that much.

I know they have it in the contract they can alter ports etc but having issues for months and not planning on fixing them all year is just bad business, hopefully that isn't true. Like I said I never would have booked it knowing what I know now.

Let me clarify.

We were on a cruise and we booked an all inclusive for one port thinking we would have about 5 hours to enjoy ourselves at Nachi Cocum.

When the ship developed propulsion problems they got us there an hour later than scheduled and we had to leave an hour early to get back to NO as scheduled.

As a result we would have had only 3 hours there and we decided the cost of the day (about $ 150 total) was not worth it.

So we just stayed in the port area.

Yeah okay, things didn't work out due to the ship having issues. Everyone goes on these cruises knowing the risks, no point in complaining about it. Some however don't read the contract and then come here to tell their disdain.

Yeah okay, things didn't work out due to the ship having issues. Everyone goes on these cruises knowing the risks, no point in complaining about it. Some however don't read the contract and then come here to tell their disdain.

Just reporting the facts. Think that if they cant fix this problem in reasonable period of time they should adjust the itinerary to one they can meet.

Just reporting the facts. Think that if they cant fix this problem in reasonable period of time they should adjust the itinerary to one they can meet.

Agreed, Altering a port due to unforeseen circumstances is one thing. Weather, engine problems that pop up etc, that's expected to happen from time to time and we accept that and know going in it can and does happen.

Alter the ports to ones they can meet. Don't sell me some thing knowing ahead of time you have no way of delivering it as stated. It's pretty much the definition of bait and switch. Sell one thing knowing you are providing another.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have booked an altered itinerary. It would have depended on what it was and what the price was. I do know for a fact I would not have booked the one I did, at the price I did, knowing I will more than likely have very limited times in port.

Now I need to decide if I want to just cancel and lose the $150 I put down during the sale or finish paying out the money for a cruise I know is not going to be what we expected when we booked it. Leaning towards just eating the $150 and booking something different for the girls and I to go on. Maybe I'll wait and see a few more reviews from recent Dream travelers before I decide.

Agreed, Altering a port due to unforeseen circumstances is one thing. Weather, engine problems that pop up etc, that's expected to happen from time to time and we accept that and know going in it can and does happen.

Alter the ports to ones they can meet. Don't sell me some thing knowing ahead of time you have no way of delivering it as stated. It's pretty much the definition of bait and switch. Sell one thing knowing you are providing another.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have booked an altered itinerary. It would have depended on what it was and what the price was. I do know for a fact I would not have booked the one I did, at the price I did, knowing I will more than likely have very limited times in port.

Now I need to decide if I want to just cancel and lose the $150 I put down during the sale or finish paying out the money for a cruise I know is not going to be what we expected when we booked it. Leaning towards just eating the $150 and booking something different for the girls and I to go on. Maybe I'll wait and see a few more reviews from recent Dream travelers before I decide.

Understand where you are coming from and can understand changing cruises. Wonder if under the circumstances they will allow you to make a change without penalty.

Understand where you are coming from and can understand changing cruises. Wonder if under the circumstances they will allow you to make a change without penalty.

I don't know if the CS would even know about the issues or admit to them. I may look at other cruises and see if another one will work for us. We really aren't locked into a certain time but due to weather I don't trust driving down to port much later in Dec, maybe one of out of Galveston would work instead.

If I can find one I guess it won't hurt to ask.

That was the employees error, he took the safety off. I talked to an elevator repair guy on the ship and he told us that. Maybe the guy killed himself on purpose. Dunno.

and I dunno why you would even say something so sick, smh