Is it possible to eat healthy on a cruise?

I haven't been on my cruise yet, but I really hope the healthy choices are as good on the ship as they sound on the Internet. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on, and it certainly sounds like there are lots of fantastic choices. I don't deprive myself when it comes to having a treat every now and then, but I do tend to avoid unhealthy food. And I love working out. The gym on EOTS sounds excellent. In combination with boycotting the lifts, hopefully I can keep my fitness levels up. I usually do a mud run / obstacle course in March (Tough Mudder) so I don't want my January cruise to leave me feeling too lardy.

If everything I'm reading regarding the gym and food choices is accurate, I think any weight gain from the cruise will be all my fault :D

I haven't been on my cruise yet, but I really hope the healthy choices are as good on the ship as they sound on the Internet. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on, and it certainly sounds like there are lots of fantastic choices. I don't deprive myself when it comes to having a treat every now and then, but I do tend to avoid unhealthy food. And I love working out. The gym on EOTS sounds excellent. In combination with boycotting the lifts, hopefully I can keep my fitness levels up. I usually do a mud run / obstacle course in March (Tough Mudder) so I don't want my January cruise to leave me feeling too lardy.

If everything I'm reading regarding the gym and food choices is accurate, I think any weight gain from the cruise will be all my fault :D

I ran about 50 miles on my last cruise (Navigator of the Seas). I run on the outside promenade deck, you have one stairwell to contend with but other than that you can run the entire parameter of the ship. They have a small track above the pool deck but it is crowded with walkers. I also rarely if ever use the gym treadmills as I am not into hamster imitations.

Haha I totally agree with the hamster imitations.

I do HIIT, and I truly hate running on a treadmill. I will do it as part of a routine if I must, but I loathe every second of it.

It looks like there area some good machines for me to use on my cruise, so before I go I will figure out 3 or 4 different interval workouts I can do.

I lost 7 pounds on our spring break cruise. Fruit for breakfast, salad and lean protein for lunch and no bread or starches at dinner. I always asked for the mixed fruit they give the kids for dessert. Down almost 70 :) On the Allure soon.

I lost 7 pounds on our spring break cruise. Fruit for breakfast, salad and lean protein for lunch and no bread or starches at dinner. I always asked for the mixed fruit they give the kids for dessert. Down almost 70 :) On the Allure soon.

Congratulations and hats off to you! :D

Wow, that's great! Congratulations!

Thanks for asking this question, P.A.! I'm down 25 lbs right now, with another 25 to go. My goal is to maintain on the cruise, and walk 3-5 miles every day. If I lose, I will be doing the happy dance.

The nights I DO have dessert, I won't finish it, and after dinner, we will get one of those miles in (2nd seating) before bedtime on deck if not raining in Alaska, and if it is, we are going to be forced to be gerbils. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for asking this question, P.A.! I'm down 25 lbs right now, with another 25 to go. My goal is to maintain on the cruise, and walk 3-5 miles every day. If I lose, I will be doing the happy dance.

The nights I DO have dessert, I won't finish it, and after dinner, we will get one of those miles in (2nd seating) before bedtime on deck if not raining in Alaska, and if it is, we are going to be forced to be gerbils. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's awesome and congrats on the 25!! It is NOT easy but we CAN DO IT!! Until then...walk, walk, walk!! :)

Melinda congrats on the 7 pounds gone!! That's awesome!! I would love to loose on the cruise but I think I will be happy if I just maintain.

If I can stay away from the carbs and sweets, I think I'll do fine as long as I'm getting in some exercise. I am bringing along my BodyGym. It's like a resistance type exercise that I do everyday and of course my My Fitness Pal app which helps me keep track!!