Equinox drinks menu.

buchananglasgow

No, they refused to honour that deal even though we booked before the end of the deal date. We haggled with the TA 3 times, and she phoned them too while we were there. We still don't know why we never got the 123 deal.

People were still getting it after we booked. So we will need to buy a drinks package. Just off Ovation of the Seas and never bought one , as on Royal princess we did not need one, but ovation drinks were so dear we have decided we better get one on Equinox.

I'm not sure why you didn't get drink deal. If you don't drink I guess not a big deal but if you do it's a big hit. Because the drinks are pricey. I guess I'd talk to my TA and see if it makes sense to threaten to cancel cruise.. We had the classic pkg given to us on our Feb cruise and that includes gratuities. But if you upgrade to premium $11.80 a day per person. Still cheap when martinis are anywhere from $10 to $14 on up a piece. I kept classic pkg and had more than I wanted or needed to drink which included crown royal and absolut vodka.

You think your TA would have some pull. I personally have always directly dealt with our rep at Celebrity and have never had a TA.

I'm out of your post and need to go back in to see when your cruise is.if it's before final payment you should have some leverage.

Good luck with your cruise...have fun..

No, they refused to honour that deal even though we booked before the end of the deal date. We haggled with the TA 3 times, and she phoned them too while we were there. We still don't know why we never got the 123 deal.

People were still getting it after we booked. So we will need to buy a drinks package. Just off Ovation of the Seas and never bought one , as on Royal princess we did not need one, but ovation drinks were so dear we have decided we better get one on Equinox.

There is something not adding up here - its been available to UK for most of the year - although perhaps not the 123, there was absolutely free drinks on offer - cant remember the last time they weren't offering it

Who did you book through? Unless its a transatlantic (they don't always offer free drinks on those although we got one last year) or transpacific?

Other than that its been free drinks for as long as I can remember available on UK site...

We booked this cruise as soon as it came out, 2 and a half years before the sailing date. We booked with a ta who deals with cruises. The day after we booked we got an email from celebrity saying they were doing a 123 deal and booking between a certain date etc etc qualified. When we went back to the ta and she phoned them they said ours did not qualify. They have never given a reason as to why it does not, maybe they don't like Scottish people. We tried to cancel and rebook as the deal was still on but when she phoned them again, we were told we would lose our £300 deposit and probably the cabin we had picked before we could get a rebooking. So it was not worth it. Our travel agent felt so bad they gave us on board spend for our princess cruise as they said they could not give it to the celebrity one. So we were OK with that, but still annoyed celebrity would not budge when people were still getting the deal. It's not worth losing the large deposit we have to pay here and our choice of cabin. This cruise has tripled in price since we booked it.

We booked this cruise as soon as it came out, 2 and a half years before the sailing date. We booked with a ta who deals with cruises. The day after we booked we got an email from celebrity saying they were doing a 123 deal and booking between a certain date etc etc qualified. When we went back to the ta and she phoned them they said ours did not qualify. They have never given a reason as to why it does not, maybe they don't like Scottish people. We tried to cancel and rebook as the deal was still on but when she phoned them again, we were told we would lose our £300 deposit and probably the cabin we had picked before we could get a rebooking. So it was not worth it. Our travel agent felt so bad they gave us on board spend for our princess cruise as they said they could not give it to the celebrity one. So we were OK with that, but still annoyed celebrity would not budge when people were still getting the deal. It's not worth losing the large deposit we have to pay here and our choice of cabin. This cruise has tripled in price since we booked it.

That totally sucks! :mad:

I booked a NCL recently - with a mini suite I was getting free drinks and a free 6 night speciality dining package (14 night cruise) - my cousin who was only booking a balcony (solo) was only getting the drinks not the dining. Two days later, it came on offer for balconies - I called them - and somehow they wangled it - don't know how but they did - and they gave him the dining too 10 out of 10 for NCL.

This would make me seethe for sure. Is there no way (bear with me here) you can transfer the deposit on to another cruise - they usually give you a one off admin transfer of £35 fee - and then re book your current cruise at the better deal? Just a thought?

No, if we cancel this they will take our deposit. I did try.

Also what they want for just a balcony now is what it cost us for our whole holiday -- balcony, flights from Glasgow to London to Miami and back and over night in a hotel pre cruise. We just want to make sure we have budgeted now for all we need to pay for. Its a dream come true to get to the Mardi Gras. We have other cruises book too so loads to look forward too.

No, if we cancel this they will take our deposit. I did try.

Also what they want for just a balcony now is what it cost us for our whole holiday -- balcony, flights from Glasgow to London to Miami and back and over night in a hotel pre cruise. We just want to make sure we have budgeted now for all we need to pay for. Its a dream come true to get to the Mardi Gras. We have other cruises book too so loads to look forward too.

Okaydoke - well - sound like you had a great price - enjoy!

We have the classic free but upgraded last time and in next cruise to premium.

If you like the martini bar and want to enjoy the menu there then you need premium.

If you are a straight "vodka and coke" type - then classic works fine. I think there are a few lists kicking about try a wee search.

You can incidentally start on classic and if you find its not enough - upgrade it to premium on board - Personally we like premium as there is no worry about a tab - and we know everything is included - world class bars, martinis etc - no extras to pay. Bon voyage!!!

Have a fantastic cruise - Mardi Gras will be amazing!!

Apparently travel agents get to book a room using some sort of 'group'. These groups have quite lower prices than the 123 deals. If I had booked my cruise with this 'group' rate I wouldn't have been able to get the free drinks or tips included. I checked both prices and for me the combined value of the 1,2 deal was better than the reduced 'group' rate, so don't feel too bad.