Avalon Rhone & Rhine Revealed

Phyldon

Everyday I read the River Cruising forum and everyday I see nothing about Avalon's itinerary covering both the Rhone and the Rhine. Nor do I see any current reviews of the Poetry II and Tranquility II, which are the sister ships used for this interesting journey.

I wonder if my husband and I are the only persons interested in feedback and if we are the only ones sailing on May 21st out of Arles.

I would love to know that I am not alone.

Unfortunately, the odds of finding someone here on your sailing before your sailing is not very good. My two river cruises, I have with two roll-calls found nobody.

If the ships are the new panorama suites like we had on the Visionary, you will love those suites. I loved the bed position looking out the window. When we were sailing down the river.

JC

It looks like a great itinerary, but since it is a combination of two different cruises you are even less likely than usual to find anyone else who is taking it. You might find people on one half or the other, but Cruise Critic doesn't reach critical mass on very many river cruises: too few people on each sailing, and too little need to pre-plan anything.

Oh, well! Thanks for your comments. I guess I'll be the first to review when I return home. By the way, this is our first river cruise so I opted to make it a long one. the only drawback is repacking and unpacking midway but that's no big deal!

Oh, well! Thanks for your comments. I guess I'll be the first to review when I return home. By the way, this is our first river cruise so I opted to make it a long one. the only drawback is repacking and unpacking midway but that's no big deal!

I'm doing this itinerary, but mine is June 4th departure from Amsterdam. Maybe I'll have your old room(s). I'm in 219. I hope both of our participants enjoy it. This is my first time on Avalon, i did the Amsterdam to Budapest cruise last year on AMA, great tour, lousy weather. :(

I'm leaving from Fort Lauderdale tomorrow and cruising to Amsterdam on the Prinsendam.

Hope everything goes well.

Carole

Everyday I read the River Cruising forum and everyday I see nothing about Avalon's itinerary covering both the Rhone and the Rhine. Nor do I see any current reviews of the Poetry II and Tranquility II, which are the sister ships used for this interesting journey.

I wonder if my husband and I are the only persons interested in feedback and if we are the only ones sailing on May 21st out of Arles.

I would love to know that I am not alone.

While the two cruises have been around for awhile as individual cruises, the putting it together as an itinerary is new. I think it just started in 2015, so there probably are not many people who have taken it. Looks like a fun itinerary though.