Live from Solstice - May 13th 2016

SetU2

So I might have missed the answer but does anyone know when the molecular bar is being replaced on the solstice??? I have my fingers crossed it is still there in September when we go on our Hawaii cruise.

We just got off her May 20th and were told her refit was set for October, where they would be switching. :)

We like the vibe, too, and we're OLD people

Yay - come join the party :D

Hey - we aint sixteen anymore - but we do like our dance music

Calvin Harris of course hails from our home county - so we are a bit biased in having his as our favourite.

Yup - I think all ages now enjoy a bit of vibe.

We also love jazz in the right circumstances -, rock, classic - the only pet hate we have is country - we just do not do country :p

Packing my bags right now - heading to the airport hotel woohoooooooo!!!

Does anyone know when Bistro on 5 will become sushi menu ? I cruise in August and hope it`s not sushi.

We didn't actually hear anything about Bistro being changed, just some of the bars and speciality restaurants down by Michael's. The selection will be more like that found on Reflection.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just had a question abut table side muesli. I did ask and was told I could get muesli but they no longer bring the cart and prepare it table side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for your review. I am going to be on Reflection in September and will be enjoying AquaClass for the first time. I really wanted to see the menus for Blu -- and was happy to find your review included the menus.

Your photos were great and brought back great memories of our Alaskan cruise on Infinity. I'd like to take another Alaskan cruise someday and will keep the excursions your described in mind.

Edited by cruisin' lady

Amen to that. SEA's lines have been running 2 hours in the AM and 2 hours in the PM. Midday, they aren't too bad. Nowhere near as bad as some of the things we have been seeing around the country. But I think coming home from Alaska I wouldn't think about booking a flight before 11:00 am. Noon would be even better.

By the way, we were at the airport well before out flight. We were both pre-check and scooted through TSA in about 3 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks for the live updates....will be watching this thread with great interest. We will be cruising on Solstice for the first time in November from Sydney Australia to New Zealand. Also travelling Aqua Class so tips for blu etc will be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your cruise

cheers

Belinda

We cruised on Solstice in Aqua Class last year and loved it so much that we've booked again. Blu is divine - great menu variety and quality for both breakfast and dinner (not open for lunch). You must try the muesli for breakfast, made at your table with your selection of what's on offer! The staff in Blu really added to the experience as well. Have fun!

I have the Unlimited Xcelerate Internet package at $140. I could add a second device for $70 but have no need. The download currently tested is 3.11 down and .34 up with a 630ms ping. I'll post a few other tests for comparison. This is our first Celebrity cruise so I have nothing to compare the Molecular bar to, but it is still on the ship. Any specific questions and I'll try to answer. We have Filet on the menu so we will certainly eat at Blu tonight. We are going to our muster station in about 15 minutes. Here is a view from the door. You can see the bubbles and canapés and we do have foot stools.

6cd306481ecf59d2c5560baf3d208cdbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting that - how would celebrity know if I had more than one device logged in? I am bringing my phone and PC and so is my husband. Thanks!

Darn - I booked 2 concierge 1 Aqua and one inside and it looks like I will have to pay an extra 140 to add my kids iPhones. Even though they will be 16 and 14 - if they are not in the teen lounge they have to be with me. So I'll need to pay for their devices. I wish celebrity would allow a 4th cabin booked as interior to qualify for go best. It's 2k more to book another concierge.

We are in cabin 1623 on the 8/26/16 Alaska Cruise and you answered one of my questions with your photo as to where the bed was located. Sharing the menus was also very helpful as I had been trying to find current ones, so again thanks.

I have already booked the Tracy Arms excursion for this cruise, since I was not aware of this option when we did Alaska last year on the NCL Jewel and in speaking with some folks who did this I knew it was on my list for a future cruise. (Ya two years in a row to Alaska) Since we are an easy drive to Seattle it really makes sense to avoid the airports.

We are on the Reflection next February for a 50th anniversary cruise also in AQ.