A trivial question about....trivia.

Muushka

Justin is no longer on the Summit, unfortunately.

We had a great time playing trivia with him--he sincerely enjoys all the activities, having grown up as an NCL cruiser who dreamed of becoming a cruise director.

My husband is a game show champion as well and we love trivia. We were disappointed Justin wouldn't be on the Summit again this year although we knew better than to expect he would be.

Oh well. No Justin. :( I know we will have a great cruise anyway.:)

On a cruise not that long ago, we noticed a couple cheating with an iPad. Despite this we ended up winning anyways and I promptly walked over to them and gave them our winning tickets and I told them that they obviously needed them more than we did. We never did see them again.

This trivia situation is tragic; and the accusations of cheating? I just can't take it! I'm thinking of switching to Carnival - their trivia is so much better!

I don't know if you're joking or not. We love Trivia, but I'm not sure I would dump a cruise line over it!;)

Used to love playing trivia all the time on most lines and met some great people,It's just not the same now with people using their phones to google all answers or the team that has 8 players congregated around (but only 5 are playing of course)and it does get serious sometimes

That is a shame that Justin is no longer on the Summit. We were on the ship with him in February and had a wonderful time. He was so silly. It was great. In fact, the entire CD staff was great. Does anyone know where he has gone?

Ohiodoglover

According to his Twitter account, he'll be spending a couple of weeks on the Infinity in June and then moving to the Constellation.

Bruin Steve, What does Elite status have to do with it?

Nothing specifically...I only mentioned it in the context that the discussion was talking about the trend in trivia...if it has changed for the worse recently...So I was only pointing it out to sort of explain that I've been on a lot of Celebrity cruises over many years...and, so, would be in a decent position to notice if there had really been any major changes recently...

The line wasn't otherwise intended to convey any inference.

Trivia hounds, which cruise line do you think does the best job with these types of activities? Trivia, quiz-show-style interactive games, etc? This is what we really enjoy the most. It's clearly not Celebrity's priority, nor the priority for most participants in this forum--the "who's on board" thread doesn't mention the Activities Director or host. Is there a different cruise line that might be a better fit for us, if that's what we're into? (Or, while we're at it, a different resort or vacation paradigm? We're not married to cruising.)

Trivia hounds, which cruise line do you think does the best job with these types of activities? Trivia, quiz-show-style interactive games, etc? This is what we really enjoy the most. It's clearly not Celebrity's priority, nor the priority for most participants in this forum--the "who's on board" thread doesn't mention the Activities Director or host. Is there a different cruise line that might be a better fit for us, if that's what we're into? (Or, while we're at it, a different resort or vacation paradigm? We're not married to cruising.)

Reading this thread, clearly, we need a Trivia Anonymous support group!

We've done it on RCI and DCL. I thought DCL had a pretty good trivia program. Some of it was a little too "Disney" themed, but that is understandable. RCI was all right, but we've only done it on 2 cruises, probably can't comment fairly.

So prior to the cutbacks on X, I would have said theirs was the best. Now, no way.

If I cruised just for trivia (which we don't), I would probably choose DCL. Of course I would have to sell my house to pay for the habit.:eek:

If our next cruise has activities employees who find trivia to be a chore, not putting any thought into the questions, I doubt we will bother with it.

Sad.:o

We've played Trivia on Royal, Celebrity, Holland & Oceania. And we enjoy it all, sometimes we play on a team and sometimes just the two of us. We're usually pretty good, and usually do at least as well as teams that cheat.

Trivia on HAL is usually very well done, much better than Royal or Celebrity, but the Trivia we experienced on our Oceania cruise was the best by far. The cruise director had obviously done a lot of prep to make it interesting & had really, really good questions (real questions, nothing from Trivial Pursuit), and he ran it very well. Of course, it was a longer cruise (35 days) .... it was great!

Years ago, Celebrity trivia was much better than RCL. RCL was not as enjoyable. There has been a decline on Celebrity over the years which may be related to the cutbacks in staff.

What makes it really frustrating are these cruisers who ruin it for others. You know the types.