Best place for lunch in port

love2driveinct

If we plan to eat lunch in port only once, what is the best place?

We are seafood lovers, and although I imagine we might get the chance to have some king crab on our cruise, I'm not sure if we'll have had our fill so that would be a bonus. We would be looking for a sit-down place with decent ambiance and great food.

Our itinerary has stops in Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, & Skagway. None of our excursions include lunch and we'd have time to eat lunch at a restaurant in port on any of these days.

Are there any "must-do" restaurants?

Or should we be thinking about convenience/accessibility as far as how easy it is to get back to the ship for lunch? We will not be tendered at any port.

TIA!

Edited by love2driveinct

In Skagway, we had king crab at the Skagway Fish Company and thoroughly enjoyed it. Depending on which dock you are at, it's a 100 yard to 1/2 mile walk.

Yup, I agree with lax, good place to eat, also Tracy's crab shack in Juneau. Tracy's isn't fancy, just a little hole in the wall place.

I second the vote for Tracy's Crab Shack in Juneau! We were there two years ago at the recommendation of a crew member and plan to visit again this May. It is a casual place right next to the dock.

We ate at Tracy's Crab Shack in 2013- fantastic. Best crab bisque I've ever had- I could eat a vat of it. Crab cakes were good and I'm from MD so I know what a good crab cake is. We;ll be back on our cruise this year.