OSheehans Pub Question

Hmm,

I don't remember seeing hot dogs or fajitas on the Pearl (but there were mozzarella sticks, that we ate every other night). I know each ship picks from a rotation of menus in the MDR, perhaps O'Sheehan's menu is also subject to change.

zoinks lotta stuff on there i like!

Hmm,

I don't remember seeing hot dogs or fajitas on the Pearl (but there were mozzarella sticks, that we ate every other night). I know each ship picks from a rotation of menus in the MDR, perhaps O'Sheehan's menu is also subject to change.

The menu shown is the newest one, which was introduced on the Escape in October and onto other ships since then. I don't know the exact situation but I'd assumed that it would be in all o'Sheehans by now.

The menu you had was an older one and I suspect that you won't see it again. The Pot Pie mentioned earlier was another item which has now gone.

We were just on the Pearl at the end of April, and the chix pot pie and mozz stix were on the menu (I kept saying that I was going to get it for lunch, but never made it down there, oh well. I somehow managed to get fed somewhere on the ship... ;)

WRT to breakfast, Pearl's O'Sheehans also had a pastry bar set up and a self-serve coffee maker, so if all you want is a quick continental breakfast in a pretty low-key environment (unlike the cut-throat business that is the buffets in the morning on port days), then that's a good option.

The menu shown is the newest one, which was introduced on the Escape in October and onto other ships since then. I don't know the exact situation but I'd assumed that it would be in all o'Sheehans by now.

The menu you had was an older one and I suspect that you won't see it again. The Pot Pie mentioned earlier was another item which has now gone.

We were just on the Pearl at the end of April, and the chix pot pie and mozz stix were on the menu (I kept saying that I was going to get it for lunch, but never made it down there, oh well. I somehow managed to get fed somewhere on the ship... ;)

WRT to breakfast, Pearl's O'Sheehans also had a pastry bar set up and a self-serve coffee maker, so if all you want is a quick continental breakfast in a pretty low-key environment (unlike the cut-throat business that is the buffets in the morning on port days), then that's a good option.

Apparently that ship hadn't yet updated to the new menu, since the pot pie is gone. The one posted on this thread is the newest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do they still have the huge sundaes for $2.95?

From Escape sailing...

822863840ad9f305ae21f315bac17f21.jpg

89179c3f3d332c58fc346f1127978f1f.jpg

Day 73 of my diet... damnit that's a tough photo to recall.

Well I mean your paying for convince but this will be my first ncl cruise wasn't aware the buffet had sundaes

I agree that the prices are very reasonable for the milkshakes and such. When you're hanging out with your friends in O'Sheehan's you're not likely to run up to the buffet and make yourself a sundae. At least I'm not. I like that you can get them O'Sheehan's and I don't mind paying $3 for a treat. :D

Considering most of those sundaes are free in the buffet, I'm not sure "reasonable" is the right word.

I suppose the spa prices aren't all that reasonable either, considering you can get a free massage in your stateroom (assuming you have a willing partner). :)

Edited by TheDougOut

Well I mean your paying for convince but this will be my first ncl cruise wasn't aware the buffet had sundaes

Really? It's not hard to miss. In case anyone who hasn't been on an NCL ship, see tip#4: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1852 All the ice cream and toppings you can get in O'Shennans in the buffet and gratis to boot.

I agree that the prices are very reasonable for the milkshakes and such. When you're hanging out with your friends in O'Sheehan's you're not likely to run up to the buffet and make yourself a sundae. At least I'm not. I like that you can get them O'Sheehan's and I don't mind paying $3 for a treat. :D

Considering that the ice cream that's given away free on one deck magically costs a fee on a different deck of the same ship doesn't register as "unreasonable" in your mind, I'm also glad you're paying $3 for it, too. That's what's called "just desserts." :D

I suppose the spa prices aren't all that reasonable either, considering you can get a free massage in your stateroom (assuming you have a willing partner). :)

If you're alone with a wiling partner in your room, and she's rubbing your back, you're both doing it wrong.

That literally made me laugh out loud (at work) and then I went "hmmmmmmm"......:p

Really? It's not hard to miss.

I think you mean it's hard to miss, right? This is OP's first NCL cruise so he or she wouldn't know there's an ice cream bar in the buffet.

Considering that the ice cream that's given away free on one deck magically costs a fee on a different deck of the same ship doesn't register as "unreasonable" in your mind, I'm also glad you're paying $3 for it, too. That's what's called "just desserts." :D

No, it doesn't. In O'Sheehan's I can sit at my table and enjoy spending time with my friends. So, I don't mind paying a few dollars to not have to run up to the busy buffet and wait in line to get ice cream. I don't think there's anything magical about the fact that they charge for it in O'Sheehan's. They're not pulling the wool over my eyes...I know I can get it in the buffet. But, continuing my evening uninterrupted is worth it to me. Obviously not to you though. And, that's just fine. :)

Considering most of those sundaes are free in the buffet, I'm not sure "reasonable" is the right word.

I've never seen sundaes made in the buffet. I've seen scoops of ice cream but nothing like the banana splits and huge sundaes we can get in O'Sheehans anytime of day or night with all kinds of toppings.

I've been in the buffet mid day and could only get soft ice cream. We enjoy coming back from excursions and hanging out in O'Sheehans with their great banana splits or ice cream sundaes with lots of toppings.

So trying to understand O Shehans, some items are free some you pay??? So confused when its a "free" dining area. As a side note, can u still order pizza anywhere on the ship for $5??

O'Sheehan's has always been free and still is. They have always (maybe just on some ships?) had a "sundae bar" for pay, and it still is.

You can get pizza delivery from room service for the room service fee. The other "deliver anywhere $5" pizza is gone.

Edited by LrgPizza

The Ice cream bar is not open 24x7. Just like everything on the menu is not available 24x7. Remembering how disappointed we were when told the Mozzerella sticks were not available after 11 pm.

But, alas, they are not even on the menu anymore.