Some booking/pricing guidance, please

krb1000

Hello, We are booked (June19 sailing) on only our 5th cruise...3rd with X. We're still trying to figure things out. We'd appreciate insight on booking strategy. For our current cruise we originally booked an Aqua1 cabin. On May 9th, I happened to notice a W GTY suite offered for the same price as our A1 ...called TA...she snagged the Guarantee suite. Yesterday we were assigned our suite, an S1, yay! This suite was priced $3360.00 more last fall when we booked. So needless to say we are delighted. My questions are the following:

We intend to book two more X cruises while on board next month. Spring and Fall 2017. Both transatlantic.

Would you all recommend that we book Aqua, keep checking for suite price drops after final payment and hope to be lucky again?

If we book a suite and the price drops after final payment, can we request an adjustment?

Thanks in advance,

Kathie

Transatlantics have become very popular of late. Suites fill up fast. I wouldn't count on getting the same deal that you got for your 19 June sailing.

After final payments, no matter what category you are, there are no adjustments -- only upgrades, and you have to pay the difference.

Transatlantics have become very popular of late. Suites fill up fast. I wouldn't count on getting the same deal that you got for your 19 June sailing.

After final payments, no matter what category you are, there are no adjustments -- only upgrades, and you have to pay the difference.

Thanks so much!

We have booked our last three cruises early (suites) and seen prices go up....

At present on our October European cruise the last remaining CS is more than we paid for a RS...

Swings and roundabouts...You can wait until last minute and gain but equally you can sometimes book the exact suite you want early....

Anybody's call....

Interesting question and comments as I was wondering the same thing.

We originally booked a C1 for an upcoming summer cruise. A GTY CS was offered recently for about a 25% premium over what we had paid for our C1 and we decided to take it. Well we ended up being assigned a Royal Suite so felt we hit the jackpot. The price we paid for the RS was about 50% of its original offer price.

Separately, we have a late 2017 cruise booked and decided to go with a CS. The main reason for that decision was the cost was not as high on a per day basis as some other itineraries we have priced. But I continue to monitor it and was recently was able to upgrade from two perks to four.

So, as others have said, it seems you just never know.

Interesting question and comments as I was wondering the same thing.

We originally booked a C1 for an upcoming summer cruise. A GTY CS was offered recently for about a 25% premium over what we had paid for our C1 and we decided to take it. Well we ended up being assigned a Royal Suite so felt we hit the jackpot. The price we paid for the RS was about 50% of its original offer price.

Separately, we have a late 2017 cruise booked and decided to go with a CS. The main reason for that decision was the cost was not as high on a per day basis as some other itineraries we have priced. But I continue to monitor it and was recently was able to upgrade from two perks to four.

So, as others have said, it seems you just never know.

Our suite prices went right down on Connie too, however I couldn't give up my C1 aft view and share the RS with 4 of us (have 2 cabins at present). The only cabin I would have swapped it for was the PH and the 2 bathrooms :). The PH went for virtually the same cost that a S2 is being offered at on a 2017 Reflection cruise I am considering.

I do think the troubles in Europe, US folks not wanting to travel over here, has been the reason the suites have been so low this year. Can't see it happening again to the same degree, unless of course things don't settle.

Edited by villauk

Our suite prices went right down on Connie too, however I couldn't give up my C1 aft view and share the RS with 4 of us (have 2 cabins at present). The only cabin I would have swapped it for was the PH and the 2 bathrooms :). The PH went for virtually the same cost that a S2 is being offered at on a 2017 Reflection cruise I am considering.

I do think the troubles in Europe, US folks not wanting to travel over here, has been the reason the suites have been so low this year. Can't see it happening again to the same degree, unless of course things don't settle.

+1 Agreed. We had an 7 night S2 booked for January 2017 in the Caribbean and post attack the cost of an 11 night Sky suite in the Med was less than we were paying for the S2, we switched sailings. I kept watching prices and the Choice Air promo enabled us to upgrade to a Signature suite (but for more money). There is no way we could have afforded that cabin otherwise.

We are about 100 days out and the prices for suites have jumped considerably. I recognize suite availability has dried up but I also think people are not as concerned and may be, again, booking.

Edited by xmarksx