Island Princess - size of refrigerator regular cabin

Question -

DW and I will be on an Alaskan cruise in June. If we order from the "Culinary Delights" selection will the mini-fridge be large enough to store leftovers? -from for example the fresh veggies stated to serve 6? How many bottles of wine (absent the veggies)? Only 2 of us and don't want to waste.

Thanks

Wine in the refrig? I'm married to an Italian, it never makes it to the Fridge. They are small,, college dorm size but will hold leftovers, sodas and water. Can't remember if wine bottle will fit. Maybe Pam can answer.

The fridge is about an 18 or 20 inch cube. Kinda small. I can't imagine why you'd want to pay to have veges delivered to your room...you can go to the buffet anytime and make an assortment of just those that you like with you choice from among several dips and take just the amount you want back to your room. On the other hand, they aren't expensive thru the package.

I didn't experiment with different configurations for wine bottles. 2 for sure. I didn't try more, but probably could have gotten them in.

I reckon 4 bots wine,2 six packs,4 waters,4 sodas,and couple small plates of desserts stacked on top of six-packs.:)Of course with that silly ice bucket out.Job-done:):)P/s Why the hell am i calling them sodas,their soft-drinks lol.The key is see that top shelve,take that water out,and put it in the door,now your desserts,cheese and biccies,go on the top shelve.Notice the stopper has gone from the top can holder,this will allow the door to shut if you have the buffet plates there,failing that put your desserts and cheeses on a saucer,if you can find one.

Edited by mrs and mrs

Wine in the refrig? They are small,, college dorm size but will hold leftovers, sodas and water. Can't remember if wine bottle will fit. Maybe Pam can answer.

Two wine bottles will fit nicely side by side in the bottom...

It's a standard small "dorm" size mini-frig.

93dfab6deffce68be65d1b70878f2b83.jpg

That top shelf may or may not be in the fridge. Sometime they're missing & it limits the use greatly.

On our last B2B the cabin we moved into a cabin that didn't have one so I went back to our original cabin to move the one from the first trip.

We also bring a small plastic container to store some really good desserts from the buffet we really like for lunch the next day. You don't usually see particular good desserts repeated. ;)

Many times, they don't exactly function as a fridge ... more like an insulated cooler. We've called on them various times (I can't be the only one that experienced this) and they said, they really aren't meant to be a refrigerator. It's funny, because some of the times, they function very well. It all depends on the one you get in your room.

Many times, they don't exactly function as a fridge ... more like an insulated cooler. We've called on them various times (I can't be the only one that experienced this) and they said, they really aren't meant to be a refrigerator. It's funny, because some of the times, they function very well. It all depends on the one you get in your room.

I had one that barely kept things cool. I detached the outer door cover (It was just clipped at the top) and let it swing free. This meant that the unit held in far less heat and things stayed much cooler. The steward obviously knew why we had done this and he didn't hook it back into place when doing our room. I clipped it back into place on the last day of the cruise.

I had one that barely kept things cool. I detached the outer door cover (It was just clipped at the top) and let it swing free. This meant that the unit held in far less heat and things stayed much cooler. The steward obviously knew why we had done this and he didn't hook it back into place when doing our room. I clipped it back into place on the last day of the cruise.

That is ingenious. I am stealing this idea!! :)