LIVE from the Crown - May 20 - Vancouver-Seattle 1-day

CanadianBurger

Hi All!

This will probably end up being somewhat similar to my "Live from the Ruby" from two weeks ago, but read on if you're interested...

Day 0:

AZO-ORD-BUF-ORD-SEA... Yeah, it sounds a little crazy, but I had the Buffalo-Seattle (via O'Hare) flight for the cruise booked months ago, and it turns out I had to work in southern Michigan this past week. So the easiest thing to do was to fly from Kalamazoo to Buffalo (via O'Hare) to finish my work week, then turn around and come out west for the cruise. Turns out the ORD-BUF and BUF-ORD segments were the same plane and same crew, and I was in the same (upgraded) seat. I basically walked off the plane and got right into the line to board. The flight attendants thought I was nuts!

Touched down at Sea-Tac at around 6:30, and was in my rental car by 7pm for the drive to Vancouver. Traffic through Seattle in the rain was miserable on I-5, but I still managed to make it to the Vancouver Airport Hampton in under 3 hours. There was zero wait at the border.

Two weeks ago I arrived at the port around 10am, and it was just getting busy, so with THREE ships in port tomorrow morning, and the email from Princess advising an early arrival, I'm going to aim for 9am to get through customs easily. Although I used my Global Entry/Nexus with the officer last time, I didn't notice a separate line, but this time I will be on the lookout and ask.

That about does it for tonight; the pics will start in the morning!

Steve.

I'll be interested in comparing notes. I enjoyed your last 1-day live and this time I'm on the ship with you. We're in transit so hopefully no long customs lines for us. We'll see! Excited to see what you highlight this time around.

Change in order of events for boarding!!

Two weeks ago it was Security, then Customs, then check-in.

Today check-in is first, in Hall C, upstairs from the terminal. If you're in the terminal where security is, turn around, go through the yellow doors marked escalator, and go one flight up to Hall C. That's where I'm sitting now.

I was so excited to be back cruising that I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep. I left the hotel a few minutes before 8am, and was at the port by 8:30. A clarification on the taxi lane I mentioned last time. The right lane splits into two, so you can be to the left of the line of taxis, but then make sure you stay to the right of the cones to turn into the garage.

7be7e62d38c245400c0b610fe951c11f.jpg

The car rental return was painless. I headed to the security gate as I did two weeks ago, but was told to head up to Hall C to check-in first. I questioned the security guy repeatedly and asked if this had changed in the last two weeks. He said yes, because of the delays in boarding, they were switching things around. Since I was so early, I'm the 3rd person sitting in the huge waiting area. I'm told check-in will begin at 10am.

62677b4c971cab4fb74a5ff7cd27e565.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They've set up the queues for check-in. There's both a regular and a preferred. [emoji2]

When you enter the hall, you're given a Group # card. I think they're on Group 3 at 9:40am.

f4ccbecb45d7a29c9ac4f7f8b3df70bd.jpg

My flight lands in Vancouver at 11:30 am, and I hope to be at Canada place by 1 pm and on the ship by 2 pm. Save some food and drinks for me as I will be hungry and thirsty by then. Robert

Check-in was a breeze. It wasn't clear, but after check-in, leave Hall C and go back down the escalator to Security. I was the first one through security and the first one through customs. When you get to customs, if you show your Nexus or GE card, you can go up the middle instead of winding through the queue.

I have a feeling there's no embarkation lounge with snacks like for the Ruby.

There is for Preferred. Platinum, Elite, Suites. When we just came through no one had been seated in there yet.