Club Class / Premium mini-suite - Same thing?

Corfe Mixture

We recently received a revised booking confirmation, for a December booking, which made no changes other than to redesignate our mini-suite from MA to M1.

Now when I look at new bookings, I see that my mini-suite is now described on the booking system as a Premium Mini-suite and that the non premium mini-suites still have a letter after the M.

To be honest, I was not expecting Club class to cut in before my cruise, but now I am wondering if Premium Mini-suite is the name on the booking system for mini-suites with Club class benefits.

To be honest no big deal either way, but just wondering.

Initially I was pretty sure that this is just a simple reclassification of mini-suite cabin codes.

The only ships scheduled to add Club Class Mini Suites before year's end are Ruby and Emerald Princess--see dates below. But when I pull up the deck plans for Emerald the Club Class Minis are M1.

So at least initially 'Premium Mini Suite' and 'Club Class' are being used somewhat interchangeably. Would have made things a lot easier if they were a different prefix (like 'C1' perhaps).

And Dawn Princess does not even appear on the (USA) website's rollout schedule. Perhaps with Dawn scheduled to transfer to P&O Australia after May 2017 they may not bother for such a short interval.

Club Class Dining will debut on board Ruby Princess (Dec 10, 2016) and Emerald Princess (Dec 12, 2016), followed by Island Princess (Jan 4, 2017), Sapphire Princess (Jan 7, 2017), Regal Princess (Jan 8, 2017), Grand Princess (Jan 9, 2017), Royal Princess (Jan 29, 2017), Coral Princess (Feb 6, 2017), Majestic Princess (Mar 30, 2017), Sun Princess (Apr 5 2017), Crown Princess (Apr 8, 2017), Star Princess (Apr 11, 2017), Caribbean Princess (Apr 6, 2017), Diamond Princess (Apr 20, 2017), Pacific Princess (Jun 9, 2017), Sea Princess (Sep 2, 2017) and Golden Princess (Oct 2, 2017). Please note this schedule is subject to change.

I'm a bit confused about the club class dining.

Will it be in a section of MDR or what.

Looks like I'm on the 1st Emerald Cruise with it, so be interesting to see.

But there is nothing on the booking page about selecting Club Class.

Dawn Princess does not even appear on the (USA) website's rollout schedule. Perhaps with Dawn scheduled to transfer to P&O Australia after May 2017 they may not bother for such a short interval.

Good point, which rather pleases me as we refuse to travel with Cunard because we don't like idea of a class based dining system. Seems strange however, given they will not introduce club class on Dawn that they have bothered to change the cabin designations, particularly when on the second of our B2B cruises all the cabins being recategorised from MA to M1 have been sold out for months!

Ok looks to have changed in the last little while now showing M1 as Club Class but still asking to select early late or ATD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As recently explained by our Princess CVP cabins now designated as Premium M1 Mini Suites & all Full Suites will have Club Class Benefits (plus any other CC loyalty level benefits you may have) and that CC dining will be anytime but new booking info & existing Princess Cruise Personalizer does not (yet?) reflect the CC ATD change. You are correct - right now it's Early, Late or ATD.