Private Beaches in Nice

thunes

Does anyone have recommendations for a private beach in Nice? We will tender in Cannes, and then take the train to Nice. We'd like to explore Nice a little and then relax and eat at one of the beaches.

The most convenient are in the center of Nice across the street from the Albert I gardens and the Meridien hotel. Look at the Beau Rivage and the Ruhl beaches. The menus are fairly similar for all the beach restaurants, but just look at the menus and pick one. This will be the perfect place for a salade niçoise.

Just keep in mind that the beaches in Nice are not very nice....if one expects a nice sandy beach. They are fine if you like pebbles. In a sense, Nice only has one beach that extends nearly 3 miles. Personally, they would have to pay me to spend time on the beach...and when we have stayed in Nice we would head to the hotel pool if we wanted to be out in the sun.

Hank

As a friend used to say, "at least you don't get sand in your bathing suit." Still, those beaches are a pleasant place to have lunch by the water. (The Beau Rivage is quite good, but a little pricier than some of the others.) You can go in the restaurants without having to pay for beach facilities. But, if you have limited time and want to go for a swim, this would be the most convenient. Decide when you get there.

This is a good website to look at beach descriptions:

http://www.riviera-beaches.com/Nice/index.html

Just keep in mind that the beaches in Nice are not very nice....if one expects a nice sandy beach. They are fine if you like pebbles. In a sense, Nice only has one beach that extends nearly 3 miles. Personally, they would have to pay me to spend time on the beach...and when we have stayed in Nice we would head to the hotel pool if we wanted to be out in the sun.

Hank

We like the ocean. We love swimming in the ocean. Yes the beaches in the Mediterranean are not similar to the beaches we are familiar with but the sea is gorgeous. Bring water shoes and you'll be fine. We didn't need a lounge chair. We were fine with a dip in the sea, so we went to the free beach. Brought towel from ship to sit on Changed in the rest room at flower market .50 Euro. Some of us find peace at the beach. If this is your mantra go for it.

Edited by Got2Cruise

That's really helpful. I'm fine with the pebbles. I don't expect the Caribbean. I'm just concerned about keeping our items secure while we swim. I've only found one beach so far (Neptune) that has locker facilities. Perhaps it's not as much as a problem on the private beaches?

That's really helpful. I'm fine with the pebbles. I don't expect the Caribbean. I'm just concerned about keeping our items secure while we swim. I've only found one beach so far (Neptune) that has locker facilities. Perhaps it's not as much as a problem on the private beaches?

IIRC, the Beau Rivage has them too. But Neptune is a good choice across the street from the Negresco, but about 5 or 6 blocks from the Albert I garden.

If you finish your sightseeing near the Beau Rivage ask there first, if not, keep walking to the Neptune.

If you plan to take a taxi to the train station afterwards, you can flag one right at the Promenade des Anglais or walk across the street to any of the hotels.

Hmmm. I wouldn't keep any thing of value in a locker. I'm paranoid that way. Lol Have you considered a water safe like people use on Caribbean cruises? It keeps your cash dry and you keep your credit card and cruise card in it. That's what I use.