Serenade of the Seas question

We are booked on this ship this summer but have never sailed on the Serenade before. Can someone please enlighten me? Do we need to make advance reservations for the theater? I know that is a good idea on the Oasis size ships.

Thank you.

We are booked on this ship this summer but have never sailed on the Serenade before. Can someone please enlighten me? Do we need to make advance reservations for the theater? I know that is a good idea on the Oasis size ships.

Thank you.

No reservations (advance or on board) for any shows on Serenade.

1. Normally there is no requirement for advance reservations to the entertainment venues on the Serenade. But make sure to be in plenty of time for events taking place in the Centrum area, at least if you want to sit.

2. DW and I plus two friends will be cruising on the Serenade starting on 29 May, for a week. Glad to answer any questions that you might have.

3. The internet service is not particularly good onboard, so we might not be able to offer you immediate replies. During the two sea days DW and I will be sharing one connection on the ship's internet, FWIW. Port calls are easier, since we are EU residents and can thus use our mobile phone subscriptions at relatively low cost, except in Russia where we might decide to keep our phones off.

The shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional dining times....no worries...

Having said that, I was on Serenade this week and on at least one night there was only one show (at 7:45). Even the night there was only one show you could still get a seat easily. As long as you showed up five minutes before show time there were no issues.

As an aside - I was surprised there was only one show that night. I'd met the performer the evening before and he had been flown in just for the one show. Three days on the ship for 45 minutes work!

Tulipbee, or anyone out there who has been on the Serenade in the past week or so,

Can you please check on the daily newsletters and tell us:

What entertainment had only one show at 7:30 and on what nights?

What night is the second formal night? was it the second sea day?

Thank you for your very helpful answers!

Tulipbee, or anyone out there who has been on the Serenade in the past week or so,

Can you please check on the daily newsletters and tell us:

What entertainment had only one show at 7:30 and on what nights?

What night is the second formal night? was it the second sea day?

Thank you for your very helpful answers!

Got off Serenade on Sunday after 7 night Norwegian Fjords cruise.

Just one showroom show @ 7:30 on First and Last night of cruise .

Formal nights on the 2 Sea days .

I also just got off of Serenade on Sunday--the second formal was NOT on the second sea day. It was earlier than we expected-----now all three of us are trying to recall which night it was--we think the night we left Aselund--which would be Day 5 (so days 2 and 5).

And, yes the first and last days had just one show---we asked our waiters to speed up service those nights and still made it to the show (walking in 5 minutes ahead to a large number of empty seats).

I think there was also a night when the "show" was a screening of the Star Wars movie out recently, and that also was just once in the normal evening hours (plus a very late showing and one in the afternoon)

Yup - formal nights were days 2 & 5 (just double checked the compass) and as the previous poster mentioned, this was not a sea day. Weirdly it was the day with the latest departure time (7:30pm).