On the Summit right now

JRA1708

how does one get an invite to the sailaway on the Summit helipad? we have sailed her before,5xs and haven't heard of this. we are elite members.do we have to climb a higher ladder? the helipad is cool.On the Explorer we would always do the "Titanic". great photo op.thanx, hit me back.watson 50

Last year we were told it was those who had booked a suite were invited to sail away on the helipad. One of the bar servers whom we had met on previous sailing told us he was working up there and we should go and I said we are not in a suite. We would never go where we weren't invited or entitled to attend.

We are Elite+ so that has nothing to do with it, although it would be nice if they did invite us also.

Edited by CruisingChick

how does one get an invite to the sailaway on the Summit helipad? we have sailed her before,5xs and haven't heard of this. we are elite members.do we have to climb a higher ladder? the helipad is cool.On the Explorer we would always do the "Titanic". great photo op.thanx, hit me back.watson 50

Yes! Would love to know how to get THAT perk!!

Sorry all...I have had trouble getting my phone to connect to the wifi.. We are having a really good time so far...the Summit is a really nice ship and only showing minor wear in my book. We are in a RS, so literally the staff is wonderful so far...they are so attentive, friendly and always smiling. Our cabin in super nice with so much room. We ate at Qsine last night and loved it. We are eating at Tuscan Grille tonight. It rained until noon today, now the sun is out and all is well. I will be back later to post more

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Capt Kate won't be onboard in July, but hopefully it's part of the Bayonne departure when it can be done.

Is she off the Summit then permanently or is this just a temporary vacation? Thanks.

Regular vacation (3 months on, 3 months off)

Hello everyone, on the Summit right now...I'll keep you posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have a fantastic trip!

Would you mind going to the Rendezvous Lounge, and see if Marc(K) is still behind the bar. He works evenings. He is supposed to still be on the ship, but I know they can get reassigned. No pressure!

Thank you!

We were on last week and there was a great female comedian.

For music, we had wished we'd have a stringed quartet or trio. Two of the groups they had singing in the bars were pretty bad - pretty off tune. One singer was too low and didn't seem to know the words to her chosen songs. The other duo was just "okay". They mutilated the songs so much to put their own "stamp" on them and it made them almost unrecognizable.

I hope the OP has good weather. We got one day of pretty heavy rain in Bermuda. Came back to the ship like soaked rats. :o Other days were very nice.

I was amazed at how welcoming the crew was and how much they were smiling from the beginning of the cruise until the very end. With Princess, the crew is SO different on the last day - they suddenly turn into grumpy, unhappy, solemn people. Not with the Summit's crew - they were really, really friendly and enthusiastic. They seemed genuinely happy and anxious to please. :)