Portable fan on cruise?

Just off Freedom yesterday and we took a fan. Asked our stateroom attendant for an extension cord so it would be close to the bed. Worked just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We, too, have taken small electric fans, actually 11" across (1 per room) on all of our cruises. Never questioned or confiscated. We don't let them run continuously, of course, only at night to sleep, or when hubby comes in hot or wants to take a nap. ;)

Here is a picture of the fan I just took on freedom. I have taken one on every cruise I've been on. I also requested and received from my cabin steward an extension cord. It was about 6 feet long and orange. Same as any extension cord you can get at a hardware store. 0ef75514301a2048432d3384f2f780e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We took one of these, no problem. It takes batteries but we did not bring any. We packed the power cord in our carry-on and the fan separately in the checked bag.

http://www.o2-cool.com/FD10002A?page_id=845

My suitcase ended up in the naughty room because of that fan. They let me keep it once I showed that it used batteries, but it was still a hassle. On my next cruise I asked in advance what could be done to prevent that, and was told a fan would be provided. The fan was a huge floor fan, which would have a major impact on floor space in anything smaller than a JS.

I grabbed a $10 desk fan from Walgreens last fall - it is AWESOME! Took it on Freedom last fall and Oasis last month. I think it went carry on for Oasis and it had no problems (we won't talk about my power strip I was a ding dong about and had in my carry on and it did NOT make it on Oasis with me, but rather awaited my return at Port Everglades). It made a big difference in our room and made it easier to sleep!

We have traveled with a fan on every cruise and we are Diamond Plus. Never had a problem. Is a 6" Vornado flip fan that fits easily in our luggage. Reaches across the room so never need an extension cord. Love it and couldn't sleep without it.

We took one of these, no problem. It takes batteries but we did not bring any. We packed the power cord in our carry-on and the fan separately in the checked bag.

http://www.o2-cool.com/FD10002A?page_id=845

Have the same fan, I pack the same way. Never a problem. Great fan. Really moves air well. Quiet but just enough white noise to help sleep.

We found out you could ask for a fan and have taken advantage of that the last few cruises. The fans were pretty old and beat up, but we were very happy to have them. We asked special needs for a fan on our upcoming Liberty Cruise and they replied that they no longer provide fans, and we could bring our own. Not a big deal since we drive to that port, but we are taking a copy of the e-mail in case there is an issue. Not sure what we are gonna do on our TA if no fans provided Not wanting to pack one on a plane trip. May buy a cheap one in Rome and try to pack it back on our return flight, or just 'donate' it on ship.