Best form of Transportation if we need to make a stop?

Redbarnphotog

Hello! We are flying into FLL the day before leaving out of Miami Cruise Port. The hotel I'm booking does have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

But the next morning, I need to make a stop at a pharmacy/store prior to getting on the ship to pick up some essentials before getting on the ship. Should I:

Try an Uber (never done this before) for approx $50-60

Get a Taxi $80+

Rent a car $60 (return to MIA and take the free rental car shuttle to port)

Or is there another option I'm just not thinking of?

Get a hotel on 17th St (or elsewhere in Ft Lauderdale) where the stores are close by. Walk to the stores the day you arrive, or early the next morning before you head for Miami (by shuttle I assume?). There are many, many hotels recommended here that meet those criteria.

It is also commonly discussed here that if wine/champagne is on your purchase list, you can't buy those before noon on Sunday.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I don't have a shuttle booked yet. That's what I was trying to figure out, shuttle, uber, taxi to port.

I was planning in staying at the Rodeway Inn, I've stayed there before and they offer a free airport shuttle.

I'll check around for something with a store nearby. Thanks!

Get a hotel on 17th St (or elsewhere in Ft Lauderdale) where the stores are close by. Walk to the stores the day you arrive, or early the next morning before you head for Miami (by shuttle I assume?). There are many, many hotels recommended here that meet those criteria.

It is also commonly discussed here that if wine/champagne is on your purchase list, you can't buy those before noon on Sunday.

Good idea. However, I would book a hotel in Dania Beach area - Springhill Suites, Hyatt House and Place, plus others. They are right across from Oakwood Plaza (I think the name is correct) which has a Kmart and BJs wholesale club (can buy wine without a membership card). These hotels are right off the Interstate and south of the airport, which should put you a bit (several miles) closer to Miami for the next morning. Plus, most of them have free airport shuttles.

Edited by DaveOKC

If you have a long day in Fort L. , then I'd stay in the city not out by the airport. Everything is so walkable in the city or the trolley is a great alternative. Rates will probably be higher. But I think worth it if you have a lot of time and don't want to rely on cabs/uber.

What date are you looking at?

June 10th '16. We don't get in until 10:30pm

All the more reason to go with my Dania Beach suggestion. Get up early on Saturday (no wine limitations), go over to Kmart and pick up you needs and then to BJs for wine if you want.

Plus, coming in that late likely all you will be able to find for dinner is fast foods anyway.

June 10th '16. We don't get in until 10:30pm

Any restaurants that serve late will be either on 17th Street or Las Olas.

I know Cheesecake Factory serves until 12:30PM on weekends. Tilted Kilt serves until 4am. Roccos Tacos, Big City Tavern both have late night menus.