Escape Entertainment Cancelled?

GrabMyWrist

I just received two emails from NCL regarding our entertainment bookings for our cruise. We were scheduled to see After Midnight and For the Record. The emails instructed me to go online and choose another time. However, upon doing so, I now see no entertainment offerings over the course of our 14 day cruise. Anyone else receive any emails or know what's going on? TIA

Yup just got emails on this for my back-to-back on July 23rd. The email references scheduling and says the time I requested for both After Midnight and For the Record is no longer available. However if you go back online to look for something else, it doesn't have any entertainment offerings or other times available.

Isn't Million Dollar Quartet back on the Escape?

Yup just got emails on this for my back-to-back on July 23rd. The email references scheduling and says the time I requested for both After Midnight and For the Record is no longer available. However if you go back online to look for something else, it doesn't have any entertainment offerings or other times available.

Million $$ Quartet has moved over to Getaway. It just opened there according to recent cruisers.

I just received two emails from NCL regarding our entertainment bookings for our cruise. We were scheduled to see After Midnight and For the Record. The emails instructed me to go online and choose another time. However, upon doing so, I now see no entertainment offerings over the course of our 14 day cruise. Anyone else receive any emails or know what's going on? TIA

We were on the Escape last week. They did change the dates and times for most of the entertainment. We got the cancellation notices in our cabin on the first day. We spent part of our first afternoon trying to figure out what shows where when, and moving our dinner reservations around.

NCL may be in the process of cancelling out all of the bad dates and times and letting people rebook to the correct dates and times (once they get the new show times loaded). Give it a couple of days and try again.

After Midnight and For the Record were the two main theater shows. We saw For the Record when it was in the Supper Club. They did an excellent job in re-installing the show on the big stage. MDQ made its debut in the Getaway this week.

My guess is those shows are being replaced with something better. They are really bad, nothing like the Jean Ann Ryan productions from the NCL of yesterday. Those shows were more like high school theater comparatively. You would think shows you have to book in advance would be the most outstanding entertainment on the ship and not to be missed. Nope.

The good news is the other entertainment that you can't book until you get onboard is really, really good. A couple weeks ago they had a hypnotist that you wouldn't want to miss and the comedy shows were great. I saw two different comedians and both were great. Howl at the Moon is also very entertaining.

My guess is those shows are being replaced with something better. They are really bad, nothing like the Jean Ann Ryan productions from the NCL of yesterday. Those shows were more like high school theater comparatively. You would think shows you have to book in advance would be the most outstanding entertainment on the ship and not to be missed. Nope.

The good news is the other entertainment that you can't book until you get onboard is really, really good. A couple weeks ago they had a hypnotist that you wouldn't want to miss and the comedy shows were great. I saw two different comedians and both were great. Howl at the Moon is also very entertaining.

I completely agree - except with the schedule changes we missed After Midnight but had already decided it was not a priority.

My guess is those shows are being replaced with something better. They are really bad, nothing like the Jean Ann Ryan productions from the NCL of yesterday. Those shows were more like high school theater comparatively. You would think shows you have to book in advance would be the most outstanding entertainment on the ship and not to be missed. .

Wow...I really disagree with you. We were on the Escape last Thanksgiving and we thought "For the Record" was amazing!

Wow...I really disagree with you. We were on the Escape last Thanksgiving and we thought "For the Record" was amazing!

I agree with you about For the Record -- was even better when it was in the Supper Club. One of the best shows I've ever seen on board.

Tracy

Million Dollar Quartet moved to Getaway

Looks like there are now four entertainment offerings for our B2B.

Wine Lover's

Supper Club Cabaret

For the Record

After Midnight

Will try this again.....

Supper club cabaret and wine lovers lunch was fabulous

Different strokes for different folks but I thought wine lovers had awful food and mediocre wines. I remember only one being drinkable That said, it's only an hour and a half and one of the actors from After Midnight had a great voice.

I agree with you about For the Record -- was even better when it was in the Supper Club. One of the best shows I've ever seen on board.

Tracy

+1 for "For the Record". We've sailed 16 times and agreed this was the best show we've seen yet. If you're not a fan of the 80's or John Hughes movies this isn't the show for you though.

Long live the 80's!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Could you tell me a little bit about the Supper Club Cabaret?

Supper club has a singer doing cabaret show. Currently singer is Brenda Braxton who is also in After Midnight. I am not sure how many months she will be onboard

Dinner is served once seated in super club and through out show

Wine lovers the musical is a luncheon show where along with lunch you are given 6 glasses of wine and throughout the musical you are told when to drink each glass. It is a very nice lunch and show it is held in supper club as well on two sea days

Edited by sjnyc323