Booked grandeur for 2017

Hey all as it turns out I booked grandeur for Canada ,New England cruise for September 2017 we did this while we were on board Liberty last week , any way we had mentioned it to a few people on our sailing , and everyone first reaction was wow that's a small ship .

My question is should I be concerned, have been on rhapsody and our first ever cruise was serenade, love radiance . So I think I'm ok , any thought on the ship would be helpful . I believe it's going into dry dock before I sail on her so I'm sure thing will change a bit again as well

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've cruised on Grandeur three times and enjoyed all three. In our experience she is a great ship with an equally great crew. If you enjoy the specialty restaurants, she has Chops, Giovanni's Table, and Izumis. She also offers the Chef's Table and has Park Cafe as well.

Grandeur is in great shape and not sure what all will be done beyond the standard dry dock maintenance if she has one scheduled before your cruise. (RCI ships undergo that every 5 years).

I think you will enjoy Grandeur!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Hey all as it turns out I booked grandeur for Canada ,New England cruise for September 2017 we did this while we were on board Liberty last week , any way we had mentioned it to a few people on our sailing , and everyone first reaction was wow that's a small ship .

My question is should I be concerned, have been on rhapsody and our first ever cruise was serenade, love radiance . So I think I'm ok , any thought on the ship would be helpful . I believe it's going into dry dock before I sail on her so I'm sure thing will change a bit again as well

Thanks

We were on the Grandeur for the first time 5 months ago.We loved it so much that we booked not only the grandeur but the same cabin for later this year.

It is all relative. Our DD and DGD often drop us off at the port. They both comment every time how HUGE the ship is. It is much smaller than the Liberty, of course. But, there is not all that much difference to the radiance class. . . . and it nearly the same as rhapsody.

We have sailed her several times. Our last cruise was not our best. but, we still had a very good time. Have fun!

We're also booked on Grandeur in October 2017. This will be our 2nd time on her and can't wait! We love the "smaller" ships because, in fact, they aren't small at all!

We were on her for her maiden voyage and at the time of her entry into service she was the largest ship in the RCI fleet. Although just slightly larger (although very similar) in gross tonnage of the Sovereign class, she is also longer. Of the Vision class, only Legend preceded her and was smaller.

Voyager and Radiance class ships were not yet built.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I am booked on her for July 2017 after the dry dock. I will post and let you know what has been fixed, changed or even added on her.

Can't wait to hear

We just were on the May 12-21 Bermuda/Bahamas sailing and it was wonderful. Be sure to catch the ariel shows in the Centrum. We are going again in June of 2017 and are looking forward to seeing what is being done during her dry dock.