Carnival Vista Photo Review May 14-24, 2016

loupana

Hi thanks for the great review and pics, can you tell me about the shuttle in marsielles was it a carnival shuttle or one supplied by the port was there any costs, many thanks

Took Carnival Shuttle to downtown Marseille (Vieux Port) $15 each, we thought it was worth it

Two questions, if I may: was the price $15 round trip, or $15 each way; and would a non-French speaking person be comfortable in making their way around? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by chocolate melting cake

Hi thanks for the great review and pics, can you tell me about the shuttle in marsielles was it a carnival shuttle or one supplied by the port was there any costs, many thanks

Two questions, if I may: was the price $15 round trip, or $15 each way; and would a non-French speaking person be comfortable in making their way around? Thanks in advance for any advice.

The shuttle is provided by Carnival, you pay with your Sail & Sign Card outside the ship, easy to find. It is $15 per person for round trip transportation and you will not have any problems not speaking French. Announcements will be made so just listen for them the morning you arrive, I think they only let you know last minute in hopes that you would book an excursion. Lots of people were walking to a bus station but as we drove by them in the bus I was more than happy to part with the $30 for the two of us. The walk was a bit long to public bus transportation.

The shuttle drops you off a couple of blocks from the old pier but it is easy to find. If you do take the shuttle and you want to also hop on the "Open Bus tour" or the "The Marseilles fun train" get there early the lines were so long when we arrived it wasn't worth waiting so we ended just walking around the old port and eating at the cafe.

Before I start day 3 let me go back and provide the funtimes and other information I forgot to post, sorry for being a little disorganized and my typos.

Funtimes and Document Scans are done on my cell phone with the Genius Scan app, so because of the light in the inside cabin and they way I laid them out some may look a bit distorted but they are not too bad, and by scanning them this way daily I don't need to carry all hard copies home to scan.

A letter in our room regarding the Havana Pool area rules from Day 1

27170837961_8ddb94a70e_b.jpg

Good to Know Documents from Day 1

26634315933_240973aee9_b.jpg

26634315933_240973aee9_b.jpg

27239905875_ba8fae9890_b.jpg

Breakfast in Marketplace, got an omelette made but it was nothing special and they don't use fresh eggs just that crappy carton eggs:(

27176407621_3a5f568533_b.jpg

Day trip Pisa on your own Carnival Excursion. Glad we went to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It was a must see for me. We would have also went to Florence but Museums are closed on Mondays so we’ll just have to hope we make it back sometime…

Waiting in Liquid Lounge for our Excursion. The longer excursions had already left for the day so it wasn't busy when it was our turn.

27211525546_82be23e349_b.jpg

27211522676_d3275903aa_b.jpg

27211521226_43c821bc92_b.jpg

We hadn't been back to our room yet to drop off our backpack, our backpack of choice for Europe "PACSAFE VENTURESAFE 25L GII TRAVEL PACK" Better safe than sorry.

We noticed the Skyride was in action so we went right away to take advantage of a very short line

27245720415_50c8c5337d_b.jpg

26638822334_e946afd9b5_b.jpg

My wife and I did it at the same time, what a blast here are a couple of pics I took after getting off

26640139173_047111a83a_b.jpg

27245708485_7e026c787c_b.jpg

After the first run I ran back to my room to get my GoPro head gear and ran back to do it again, now there was no line so I got on right away

26638799064_d1040b56af_b.jpg

26638796454_224dca892c_b.jpg

27245693435_86a4468bf1_b.jpg

And here is the fun in Action

[YOUTUBE]Pj3zLngYiGw[/YOUTUBE]

This is wonderful. We will be on this itinerary on June 11. I see from your Funtimes that breakfast does not begin until 6:30 even when docking at 7. Was this all days? We actually have a private excursion from Civitavecchia that departs at 7:30 so we had planned to be in line at 6:45 to get off the ship and to the shuttle. Will we be resorting to the granola bars we packed?

This is wonderful. We will be on this itinerary on June 11. I see from your Funtimes that breakfast does not begin until 6:30 even when docking at 7. Was this all days? We actually have a private excursion from Civitavecchia that departs at 7:30 so we had planned to be in line at 6:45 to get off the ship and to the shuttle. Will we be resorting to the granola bars we packed?

Yes this was a negative, Breakfast at 6:30 on port days and 7:00 on Sea Day. FYI, I haven't got to the Ocean Plaza breakfast yet in my review so an FYI, the Ocean Plaza area (The Taste Bar) has breakfast and it is never busy and although it's the same crappy eggs it was a nice option to avoid the Marketplace in the AM. You may be able to grab a quick bite and get it line before 7:00AM.

You mentioned that you arranged transfers and hotel through Carnival. What about your flights? Did you book those yourselves or through an agent? This ship looks too good to miss, so we started getting pricing and information last night as soon as I began to read your review and share it with DW.

Yes this was a negative, Breakfast at 6:30 on port days and 7:00 on Sea Day. FYI, I haven't got to the Ocean Plaza breakfast yet in my review so an FYI, the Ocean Plaza area (The Taste Bar) has breakfast and it is never busy and although it's the same crappy eggs it was a nice option to avoid the Marketplace in the AM. You may be able to grab a quick bite and get it line before 7:00AM.

Thanks! I will add to my notes.

Yes I have some pics coming of that area, don't think you have a sea view like a balcony but I can say no one really walks down that area. I just peaked in at a time I knew no one would be in there cabins yet and only took a photo of a patio that had the curtains closed. I must say when I changed my cabin to a Havana inside there were two cabana cabins left and I wish I would have took one. I think I would like the patio and the option of coming into my cabin from the patio door. I absolutely loved the havana pool area and those cabins with easy access to the havana pool and hot tubs I think would be fantastic.

LoutheGlue, thanks so much for your review. We will be in Havana Cabana Suite 5233 in February. You mentioned being able to hear the music in your cabin. I am wondering about ours but it appears as if we do not actually share a wall with the Bar but it looks to be located to the front of our cabin.

If you look at a deck plan, what is your opinion? I think we will be ok from a noise perspective.

Awesome review so far.

You mentioned that you arranged transfers and hotel through Carnival. What about your flights? Did you book those yourselves or through an agent? This ship looks too good to miss, so we started getting pricing and information last night as soon as I began to read your review and share it with DW.

When we were booking the Carnival agent was mentioning a new Flight program that wasn't available yet. She never did get back to me with any details so I booked my own flight. We spoke to at least 3-4 people who did book flights through Carnival and they all had nothing but good things to say. The last couple we spoke to at the airport mentioned when pricing the flights themselves cost was around $2500 each, and it was only $895 through Carnival. So I think it is defiantly worth looking into the Carnival flight program.

Maybe others that used Carnival to book flights can add their experience.

LoutheGlue, thanks so much for your review. We will be in Havana Cabana Suite 5233 in February. You mentioned being able to hear the music in your cabin. I am wondering about ours but it appears as if we do not actually share a wall with the Bar but it looks to be located to the front of our cabin.

If you look at a deck plan, what is your opinion? I think we will be ok from a noise perspective.

Awesome review so far.

Looks like you are right where the band will be playing, you do have the hallway as a buffer. I would think you might not be bothered by the sound, hopefully not sharing the wall will be good enough.

Looks like you are right where the band will be playing, you do have the hallway as a buffer. I would think you might not be bothered by the sound, hopefully not sharing the wall will be good enough.

And it kinda looks like a hallway AND then the wall so who knows. Either way we don't share a wall so that will be helpful. I assume they only played at night till 11:00ish?

We are very excited.