Boston port to airport. Enough time?

lynncarol

As I am not that familiar with Boston, I would really appreciate some feedback. Our ship gets in at 6:00 a.m. on a Tuesday. Can we make a 12:30 flight out or must I book the 3:55 one? The 12:30 flight is almost seven thousand points less apiece and therefore doable (for us) as a free flight but not the latter one.

Thank you.

Edited by lynncarol

As I am not that familiar with Boston, I would really appreciate some feedback. Our ship gets in at 6:00 a.m. on a Tuesday. Can we make a 12:30 flight out or must I book the 3:55 one? The 12:30 flight is almost seven thousand points less apiece and therefore doable (for us) as a free flight but not the latter one.

Thank you.

Serenade TA? 12:30 should be fine. The pier is across the harbor from the airport. When you sail in, you will pass the airport on the right and make a left to the pier. It's about 15 min by cab to the airport through the Ted Williams Tunnel.

Edited by 138east

We had what I thought would be a close call on our transatlantic aboard the Jewel in 2009. Our debarkation was slow and disorganized. We had a flight due to depart at 12 or so. Plenty of time. However, the delays at the pier made it iffy. Once we were off, we got on the RC shuttle and were at the airport in time for an earlier flight. Whew.:)

• 2 months later...
12:30 will be fine. You can see the airport from the ship, however to get there you need take the longer land route. The port authority discourages swimming to the airport using your luggage as a raft (just in case you are tempted).

Our ship docks at 6:00 AM on Sunday Oct 23. How early of a flight do you think we could catch? Would 9:00 AM be too early?

Our ship docks at 6:00 AM on Sunday Oct 23. How early of a flight do you think we could catch? Would 9:00 AM be too early?

IMO 9 am is too early. Boston is expecting two ships that day. Crystal Serenity has a port stop 8-5. Even though you're close to the airport, you have to allow at least an hour at the airport plus the time to get there, so you'd have to be walking off the ship at 7:30 with all your luggage. Ship is coming from Halifax so it has to clear customs.

I arrived on a TA at 6 am, self disembarked, and was walking off the ship at 8:30. I'm pretty sure we were not cleared as early as 7:30 am.