Flights, Epic and MCO

fsuhockette

What is the earliest you'd book a flight leaving out of MCO after Epic cruise out of Port Canaveral?

I would not book before noon, given the distance from Port C. to MCO.

A lot depends on how you plan to get from the port to the airport, how many in your party, can you be in the first walk-off group with your suitcases, etc.

But no matter...I wouldn't want to push it with any flight before noon.

I would not book before 1:00, at least not this summer. You can expect security to be a mess at MCO (I would count on being there 3 hours early and would allow an hour driving time).

Airport is about 35 minutes drive time from the port. Tsa security lines are long everywhere. Especially if You are booking at peak travel times. I would not want to arrive less than 2 hours before my flight.

Noon flight at the earliest would be my recommendation.

MCO is nice inside. Stores and restaurants are plenty. Easy to waste an hour there, and not worry about making your flight.:)

My home airport is MCO, and I had a flight out of town a few weeks ago. The security line was quite long, however, security was walking through the line with dogs (not sure if they were checking for explosives or drugs). The good news is because of this, they did not ask us to remove our shoes or take out our liquids. This helped speed things up a bit.

I don't think that they are doing this for everyone, but it's nice to know that they're offering it as an alternative to keep the lines moving.

I would not book before 1:00, at least not this summer. You can expect security to be a mess at MCO (I would count on being there 3 hours early and would allow an hour driving time).

The Epic doesn't get to Port Canaveral until November of this year so hopefully TSA has made some improvements by then.

We have flown in and out of MCO often..We love our Disney trips. Each time security lines were LONG. It is a nice airport though. I have anxiety issues so I always make sure we are there in more than enough time. We are cruising NCL Epic out of Port Canaveral next Feb. Jet Blue(I'll only fly Jet Blue if I can help it) has not put flights out yet for that month. if available, we will be booking a flight around 5 ish or later. I want to be on the safe side