A Couple easy cruise questions! :)

Kalaruss

It's been a couple of years since I have cruised....

I have booked and paid for in full for a cruise leaving June 12, however booked an interior room and now wishing I had booked balcony. Is it easy to call Carnival and pay the extra money and switch to a balcony room?

Also... Is dining still assigned to a certain table and the same servers everynight? We are doing the late seating for 2 people. Can you request a table for two? I have had decent experiences with sharing tables with people whom we have never met but my boyfriend is a first time cruiser and very shy and nervous about this.... Thanks!

Oh... and is it worth it deal wise to book another cruise while on the ship? I remember them touting it as some sort of special...

It will of course depend on what cabins might still be available but you can always upgrade, paying the difference.

Yes, if you do not have Any Time Dining, same table, same wait team.

I've not every booked the next cruise while cruising so can't help there.

As long as there are balcony rooms still available you would just pay the difference.

You can still get a table for 2, however the last couple of cruises that we have gone on, you are pretty much on top of the guests on your right or left. If you really want a private table for 2, the best thing to do is see the matre d right away.

I have never booked while on board so I am not sure.

Plenty of two tops (the tables for two) should be available though depending on when you dine, you might have to wait just a bit. As someone mentioned, they are very close together - here's a photo from the MDR on Freedom:

100_2224.jpg

Oh... and is it worth it deal wise to book another cruise while on the ship? I remember them touting it as some sort of special...

Booking your next cruise will get you on board credit for you and 2 other couples/friends.

The best way to do this is to book a dummy cruise as far out as possible. For example on the breeze in feb I booked a 3 day for april 2018.

Book under PAST GUEST RATES!!! This allows you to switch to a more suitable cruise of your choice, once you figure out what you want and which friends want to tag along and take advantage of the OBC.

Guests who book will receive an onboard credit up to $200 USD per stateroom for their next cruise.

The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same onboard credit given to the host booking.

$50 USD per stateroom on a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise

$75 USD per stateroom on a 6 day cruise

$100 USD per stateroom on a 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 day cruise

$200 USD per stateroom on a 12 day cruise or longer cruise

Single occupancy receive 100% of the on board credit.

Edited by darth frosty

We were on the Conquest on May 14th. The Monday before our cruise, I emailed cclsupport@carnival.com with a subject line of "Attention: Maitre'd for Carnival Conquest on 5/14/2016" with a request for a table for two preferably near a window. We were assigned table 301 which was set off alone next to windows on the Starboard side. We really enjoyed the area and had great servers.

It's been a couple of years since I have cruised....

I have booked and paid for in full for a cruise leaving June 12, however booked an interior room and now wishing I had booked balcony. Is it easy to call Carnival and pay the extra money and switch to a balcony room?

Also... Is dining still assigned to a certain table and the same servers everynight? We are doing the late seating for 2 people. Can you request a table for two? I have had decent experiences with sharing tables with people whom we have never met but my boyfriend is a first time cruiser and very shy and nervous about this.... Thanks!

Yes , yes and yes you get $100 OBC.

Booking your next cruise will get you on board credit for you and 2 other couples/friends.

The best way to do this is to book a dummy cruise as far out as possible. For example on the breeze in feb I booked a 3 day for april 2018.

Book under PAST GUEST RATES!!! This allows you to switch to a more suitable cruise of your choice, once you figure out what you want and which friends want to tag along and take advantage of the OBC.

Guests who book will receive an onboard credit up to $200 USD per stateroom for their next cruise.

The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same onboard credit given to the host booking.

$50 USD per stateroom on a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise

$75 USD per stateroom on a 6 day cruise

$100 USD per stateroom on a 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 day cruise

$200 USD per stateroom on a 12 day cruise or longer cruise

Single occupancy receive 100% of the on board credit.

When you find the cruise of choice can you switch to Early Saver instead of Past Guest and still keep the OBC? Cruising 9/2016 and if we like it 10/2017 same cruise.

BonVoyage,

Dawna

Plenty of two tops (the tables for two) should be available though depending on when you dine, you might have to wait just a bit. As someone mentioned, they are very close together - here's a photo from the MDR on Freedom:

100_2224.jpg

Good photo. Shows how very close together those tables for two really are!

When you find the cruise of choice can you switch to Early Saver instead of Past Guest and still keep the OBC? Cruising 9/2016 and if we like it 10/2017 same cruise.

BonVoyage,

Dawna

Yes, I just did this myself. My son was on board the Dream recently and I asked him to book a room (any room) for me using the past guest rate. Then after I had the booking number and figured out exactly what I wanted, I called and switched everything to the correct cruise, room, and early saver rate which currently included some additional OBC. So I got to keep the OBC for booking on board and also the OBC with the promo. Just make sure they don't book you a brand new cruise, you should have the same booking number all along.

That 2 top photo is crazy. Guess DH and I have always been lucky. The times we did eat in the dining room at a 2 top we always had one up against a wall on one side and a walkway on the other so we never were squished with other people like that. I would never request a 2 top if I had to be a sardine, might as well be at a regular table if you are going to be sitting that close to everyone else.

That 2 top photo is crazy. Guess DH and I have always been lucky. The times we did eat in the dining room at a 2 top we always had one up against a wall on one side and a walkway on the other so we never were squished with other people like that. I would never request a 2 top if I had to be a sardine, might as well be at a regular table if you are going to be sitting that close to everyone else.

On that same trip where I took that photo, we always requested a two top next to the window so we only had another table on one side of ours and about half the evenings that table wasn't used while we were dining. It worked out well for us. ;)