Carry on question

JABrown104

I know that you have to carry on your soda, do most people keep them in the box and literally carry them? or put them in a small carry on suitcase and roll them on?

Edit- One other carry on question. Can you carry on both a backpack and a small rolling suitcase each? Or is it just one carry on?

Edited by JABrown104

I know that you have to carry on your soda, do most people keep them in the box and literally carry them? or put them in a small carry on suitcase and roll them on?

Edit- One other carry on question. Can you carry on both a backpack and a small rolling suitcase each? Or is it just one carry on?

we left ours in the box they open the box to make sure it is what it says and then taped it back up. you can carry on all your luggage as long as it will fit through the x ray machine. hope this helps have fun

We used to put the 12 pack in a reusable bag from the grocery store and perch it on top of our rolling bag which made it pretty easy to carry on. We have carried on rolling bags and backpacks for each of us. I think the only restriction is that everything must fit through the scanner.

I saw a couple of people saying recently that their cardboard packs were torn opened and not retaped so very hard to carry, they had to find other things to put their soda into. I'd suggest at least having a bag of some type to put your soda in. I plan on taking a rolling carry on with the kids soda in it. Then at the end of the week we'll have that to pack anything we get in.

You need to "open carry" the pop into the ship. Take it out for the xray and you can put it away after you pass security including the secondary pop inspection line.

Not necessarily true (perhaps at some ports). Our last cruise at Port Canaveral, we had our 12 packs in fabric grocery bags and were never asked to take them out.

Not necessarily true (perhaps at some ports). Our last cruise at Port Canaveral, we had our 12 packs in fabric grocery bags and were never asked to take them out.

Fabric open grocery bags are different from zippered luggage totes.

No matter the line we have been on that allows soda, we have always just left them in the cardboard. Wife rides a scooter and puts 2-3 12 packs on her floorboard and away she goes.....we use her seat back to hold a backpack, and her baskets for incidentals. They take it all out and run it through the x-ray, but we have never had an issue with anything my lil pack mule carries onboard...:cool:

Our friends had their 12pack opened and although the cardboard carton wasn't completely destroyed, it still had to be put into something else for them to be able to carry them.

You can carry on as much luggage as you want, but there is a height & width limitation - no length limitation. We usually have a medium sized suitcase that fits through the scanner fine. If you do a search on Carnival's website, it lists the size restriction. It's much more generous than the airline carryon restriction.

Not sure the reasoning for tearing the boxes apart other than to deter people from bringing the cases on to begin with. I use several different X-ray machines for my profession including the ones used prior to departure and I can assure you, they can see every inch inside the box and the contents. I think carnival likes the fact that the searches are random as it is an inconvenience to have to redistribute cans of pop after a box is broken. I myself could never lug on a box of pop on a holiday. Too much trouble.

The porters prefer something with handles, if you're checking them. If you're carrying them, then do it however is more comfortable for you...knowing you may have to lug it around for a while until cabins are ready!

Boxes, or pouch...doesn't matter.

Edited by cb at sea

Can you bring protein shakes in the cartons (like Premier Protein, or Adkins shakes)? I had surgery in December and still rely on protein shakes to get in enough every day.

You need to contact Carnival's Special Needs department for a definitive answer on that one since it's a medical issue.

The reason Carnival changed to rules to cans only and checks so much is because of all the ingenious ways passengers devised to smuggle alcohol on board.

There used to be post after post here on the CC Carnival boards on the best way to smuggle it on including adding it to bottled drinks and hiding it among the cans in the cardboard box then resealing it.

We have always carried soda in the carton on board, but they have broken the box open. What I plan to do this time is to leave it in the cartons and then if they open them, dump them into my cooler. I have a small rolling cooler - soft sided- backpack. I will then use that to keep my wine cold in the room. I plan on taking 2 bottles of wine and always keep that, bottled water and sodas in the cooler in the room. I usually bring a soft-side flat cooler that I pack in the suitcase but I think I will just use 1. The cooler sat on the balcony last year but this year we don't have one, so we will have to sit the cooler in the shower so that water does not drip everywhere.

The room steward will keep the cooler iced for you all week. We ordered packs of water delivered to the room this year to avoid carrying all of that onboard. much more convenient.

The room steward will keep the cooler iced for you all week. We ordered packs of water delivered to the room this year to avoid carrying all of that on board. much more convenient.

not only convenient but you CANT bring bottled water on board anymore. Just like you cant bring bottled soda either. Only cans or cartons.

Edited by hftmrock

We fly in with some of our stuff in a rolling duffel (we always go I at least a day early). At the hotel, we take what it is the duffel out and spread it into our other luggage, then use the duffel for a 12 pack of soda and our two bottles of wine. Just put it through the scanner, no need to take it out. They sometimes take us aside and check the seal on the wine bottles, but never look at the soda.

Edited by austincici

When we went last year I noticed most ppl were carrying them in the 12 can boxes. We like variety, plus I don't like luggin boxes of pop around so I put them in a wheeled tote bag. We did have one burst so has a bit of a mess to clean up in the bathroom, but that's all we had in there.

Edited by luvabargain
Misspelled word.