MTD reservations

We are booked on the Serenade out of Boston on 10-23 and have MTD set up on our reservations but I have not been able to set up our nightly time yet on line. How far in advance can you pre-book dining times on line?

We like a regular nightly dining time but their early regular dining at 5:30 it just is too early so MTD is our solution but like to book prior to sail date.

Thanks

We are booked on the Serenade out of Boston on 10-23 and have MTD set up on our reservations but I have not been able to set up our nightly time yet on line. How far in advance can you pre-book dining times on line?

We like a regular nightly dining time but their early regular dining at 5:30 it just is too early so MTD is our solution but like to book prior to sail date.

Thanks

There is no set time for reservations to open. Check your Cruise Planner periodically.

There is no need to do it in advance. The "popular" times (7 or so) are not available in advance. When you board, if you need reservations, you can do it then. If you want earlier or later (around 8pm), then you don't need reservations at all. Just walk up.

There is no need to do it in advance. The "popular" times (7 or so) are not available in advance. When you board, if you need reservations, you can do it then. If you want earlier or later (around 8pm), then you don't need reservations at all. Just walk up.

So if we have my time dining we just show up whenever we want? I would think that it would be the same as restaurants at home, if you go at a popular time you will have to wait a while to be seated. Do they give you pagers? What about sharing a table, is that done at all? We are on Serenade of the Seas on Feb 3. Have not done RCI since 2009 before my time dining was available

So if we have my time dining we just show up whenever we want? I would think that it would be the same as restaurants at home, if you go at a popular time you will have to wait a while to be seated. Do they give you pagers? What about sharing a table, is that done at all? We are on Serenade of the Seas on Feb 3. Have not done RCI since 2009 before my time dining was available

Yes, you can show up whenever you want. Sometimes there is a wait. If you want to share a table, just request it. However, they will normally seat your group at your own table.

Not true - we have been able to reserve similar times in advance for MTD on several cruises. On board reservations are based on what's left available, typically from advanced reservations. And you can walk up anytime but there will likely be a wait based on desired time and size of party.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Decide what time you want to dine that night, and get a reservation that day. Even if you know you want to dine at the same time, wait until you see if you like the wait staff to set it for the rest of the cruise. That is the beauty of MTD! PLUS, you just never know what mighthappen during the day to make you want to adjust your schedule.

Yes, you can show up whenever you want. Sometimes there is a wait. If you want to share a table, just request it. However, they will normally seat your group at your own table.

There are only two of us. Some nights it might be nice to share

You might have to wait a bit longer of you want to share. They will let you know what to expect.

What we have found, almost always, is that people we have met in MTD also like to dine at the same time. There are tables for two, but they are close enough together that you can have a conversation with them if you want. we usually end up requesting the same wait staff and table. Especially if you like both, you can book for the next night right away.