Princess transfers

Shmoo here

I'm sure that this answer is already out here somewhere, but I'm so jet-lagged from our trip back from our cruise yesterday, I'm too tired to look for it.

Simple question - does Princess offer transfers from Ft Lauderdale airport to the ship?

Thanks, I'm just learning. :D

Yeah, Princess transfers are not like DCL transfers. You go to baggage claim and get your bags, then meet the Princess reps just outside of baggage claim. Depending on the port, the transfers can be a good value or a "why bother?" situation. However, Princess EZAir can be a very good savings sometimes. You get to select your own flights. It is well worth checking out and comparing with what you can get booking on your own. On each of our Princess trips, EZAir has saved us $200-$300 per person over the best price I could find on my own.

Yeah' date=' Princess transfers are not like DCL transfers. You go to baggage claim and get your bags, then meet the Princess reps just outside of baggage claim. Depending on the port, the transfers can be a good value or a "why bother?" situation. However, Princess EZAir can be a very good savings sometimes. You get to select your own flights. It is well worth checking out and comparing with what you can get booking on your own. On each of our Princess trips, EZAir has saved us $200-$300 per person over the best price I could find on my own.[/quote']

Thanks, good to know. Will have to check that out.

I'm sure that this answer is already out here somewhere, but I'm so jet-lagged from our trip back from our cruise yesterday, I'm too tired to look for it.

Simple question - does Princess offer transfers from Ft Lauderdale airport to the ship?

Yes they do but a cab is better and cheaper.

The best thing about Princess transfers is that once you give them your suitcase when it comes off the baggage carousel, you do not see it again until it arrives in your cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The best thing about Princess transfers is that once you give them your suitcase when it comes off the baggage carousel, you do not see it again until it arrives in your cabin.

This is music to my ears, but does it also hold true if my flight arrives a day prior to my cruise, and I'm going to a hotel for the evening? Or just on same-day transfers?

I don't think it works that way. At least it never has for me. In towns with cruise ports have hotels that cater to the sea going crowd with pick ups from the airport and help to arrange transportation to the port.

Diana

This is music to my ears, but does it also hold true if my flight arrives a day prior to my cruise, and I'm going to a hotel for the evening? Or just on same-day transfers?

The transfer people won't be in the baggage area when you arrive the day before. If they are there it would be for the wrong ship!

But if you stayed at a hotel and then came back to the airport on the morning of the cruise you could then use the transfer. Not reasonable in Ft Lauderdale since the port is so close, but can be done other places.

If your flight arrives the day before, you are responsible for your bags until you meet the Princess people on the day of the cruise--either at the hotel if you are using one of their designated hotels or at the airport.

As noted, at FLL, it makes sense just to take a cab from the hotel and drop your bags with the porters at the terminal.

But (for Shmoo), in each Princess location we've used, we were responsible for claiming our bags from the luggage carousel and taking them to the Princess reps. The reps then sent them to be transported to the ship.

But (for Shmoo)' date=' in each Princess location we've used, we were responsible for claiming our bags from the luggage carousel and taking them to the Princess reps. The reps then sent them to be transported to the ship.[/quote']

Got it.;)

The transfer people won't be in the baggage area when you arrive the day before. If they are there it would be for the wrong ship!

Thanks to everyone for the clarifications! I will be unavoidably travelling with a large amount of luggage, and wish I could figure out a way to get it straight from the airport to the ship. But sounds like I'll just have to muddle my way through with some assistance from skycaps and porters.