Photo Packages

djl7792

I'll be on the Breakaway 6/12, and wondering about the photo packages.

We booked almost a year ago, so got the drinking package, but not the photo package we saw being offered a few days/weeks ago.

Do you think if I called they could add this package since I am going with my girlfriend to celebrate our engagement and we booked so far in advance we did not get the best packages/prices.

If not, does anyone know the prices for photos once on board? Any deals with getting all photos on a flash drive, etc. Or is it worth it to book the photo package online in advance.

We had the photo package, so did not notice the prices. They had several packages available on board, you might get a small discount if you purchase it online.

We did get a flash drive with all our chosen pictures for an extra $20. The flash drive has high quality images and comes with a release so you can use them for personal use.

Congrats on your engagement!

Vic

Edited by Victress2007

I'll be on the Breakaway 6/12, and wondering about the photo packages.

We booked almost a year ago, so got the drinking package, but not the photo package we saw being offered a few days/weeks ago.

Do you think if I called they could add this package since I am going with my girlfriend to celebrate our engagement and we booked so far in advance we did not get the best packages/prices.

If not, does anyone know the prices for photos once on board? Any deals with getting all photos on a flash drive, etc. Or is it worth it to book the photo package online in advance.

I don't think you can get the photo package promotion any longer, that was only offered for a short time and I don't believe it's being offered now. I changed my pick two from Beverage and Dining to Beverage and Photo since I planned on purchasing a 7 day dining plan anyway.. to drop the dining promo and purchase the 3 days I would have lost only cost $30 more.. the photo packages are worth so much more than the dining.. and as far as I can tell they don't even offer a 50 photo package for sale. The 30 photo package is $250.. So it was a no-brainer for us. If you're able to find a way to get it, I'd jump on it.

-Keith

PHO10 Any 10 Photos

Book online and receive 1 bonus print. $149

PHO20 Any 20 Photos

Book online and receive 3 bonus prints. $199

PHO30 Any 30 Photos

Book online and receive 5 bonus prints. $249

You can pre purchase something or look for a deal onboard. We have the 50 print promotion this time, but bought a book onboard last trip. We got a deal for buying a duplicate. It is a nice way to tell the story of our trip with NCL cameras, nothing you take iis included.

You're within final payment so to take a promotion you'd pay cancellation fees likely higher than any savings.

Do you think it is worth it to buy the 10 photo package, or will they have better promotions once on board? We would rather get a deal to get photos on a flash drive or book than pay a lot for just a few prints.

Do you think it is worth it to buy the 10 photo package, or will they have better promotions once on board? We would rather get a deal to get photos on a flash drive or book than pay a lot for just a few prints.

On my last cruise on the Getaway last August there was a day of the cruise where all of the photo packages went on sale, I don't recall what the costs were though. There's a discount on photos if you're a Latitudes Silver (15%), Gold (20%) and Platinum (25%) but the discount isn't good towards photo packages. I may have taken a pic of the photo discount sign, I'll look through them tonight to see if I did.

-Keith

Off the Breakaway this past Sunday, took the 10 photo package at $149 and we asked, received our 25% discount for being Platinum just like our sailing on BA last 2 times.

Here's our receipt ... it was nice.

37c5c326ec4ba1255996d058adbf0abc.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Are there any deals towards getting all photos on a CD or flash drive instead of prints?

When I asked about this on my last cruise I was told you were only permitted to purchase the photos on USB for which you already purchased the prints. I'm getting married on the Escape this summer and the photo package which includes 50 prints and all photos taken (even if not printed) on USB costs $1799, but that's an add-on to a wedding package.

-Keith

You can pre purchase something or look for a deal onboard. We have the 50 print promotion this time, but bought a book onboard last trip. We got a deal for buying a duplicate. It is a nice way to tell the story of our trip with NCL cameras, nothing you take iis included.

You're within final payment so to take a promotion you'd pay cancellation fees likely higher than any savings.[/QUO

What do you mean by "nothing you take is included"? Does that mean if you ask the photographer to take the pic? I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused.

Edited by ccc321
mistake

There are no options/choice to purchase only USB or CD of the transferred images with NCL. You purchase the printed photos that you want, and for an optional ADD-ON fee/charge of $20 USD onboard, they will load only those digital images onto the USS (not the ones you didn't "buy") and give you "copyrighted" releases for making your own extra copies of those prints as purchased.

For those that purchased the USB (I believed they possibly discontinued the CD/DVD option lately) - check & confirm that you can access, read & have the correct images loaded, as mistakes happened and after leaving the ship - it's practically impossible to get things redone.

You're within final payment so to take a promotion you'd pay cancellation fees likely higher than any savings.[/QUO

What do you mean by "nothing you take is included"? Does that mean if you ask the photographer to take the pic? I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused.

Only photos NCL takes get included. You can't add any of your own photos. So no excursion photos are in our book. Just the character ones that can be taken exitiy or returning to ship in port.

• 4 months later...
We had the photo package, so did not notice the prices. They had several packages available on board, you might get a small discount if you purchase it online.

We did get a flash drive with all our chosen pictures for an extra $20. The flash drive has high quality images and comes with a release so you can use them for personal use.

Congrats on your engagement!

Vic

Hello,

What size prints are included in this promo? Can you get multiple prints of each shot, so long as they add up to 50? I have is promo for my November sailing, so I just wanted to be prepared.

Thanks!

Christina

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i saw this post about size and wanted to just pass along some info. they tell you that they cannot size any pics up or down. we wanted one of the pics to fit in the 5x7 elephant frame but he said they cannot change anything

of course if you buy the USB i'm sure you can change anything if you know how..i think?

but i was a tad disappointed that paying 25 for an 8x10 pic meant i couldnt get it in a smaller size. also one size was 6 x8 and i got out my phone and see the photo frames on amazon.com for that size are not cheap!

regarding your question about what size the pics are. they are the size the photographer makes them :) not being smart. just something i found out. i dont know enough about photography if you can ask him to change to smaller size when he shoots you by the chandelier etc

one thing i know is make SURE everyone takes your room number. we missed out on a good teppanyaki pic cause he didnt ask for our room number so no way to find the pic even after we filled out a special form at the desk to find it. sigh.

i saw this post about size and wanted to just pass along some info. they tell you that they cannot size any pics up or down. we wanted one of the pics to fit in the 5x7 elephant frame but he said they cannot change anything

of course if you buy the USB i'm sure you can change anything if you know how..i think?

but i was a tad disappointed that paying 25 for an 8x10 pic meant i couldnt get it in a smaller size. also one size was 6 x8 and i got out my phone and see the photo frames on amazon.com for that size are not cheap!

regarding your question about what size the pics are. they are the size the photographer makes them :) not being smart. just something i found out. i dont know enough about photography if you can ask him to change to smaller size when he shoots you by the chandelier etc

one thing i know is make SURE everyone takes your room number. we missed out on a good teppanyaki pic cause he didnt ask for our room number so no way to find the pic even after we filled out a special form at the desk to find it. sigh.

Thanks for the great info, especially about the room number, I thought they went by facial recognition. I wonder if it's going to be hard to take 50+ photos!

Christina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the great info, especially about the room number, I thought they went by facial recognition. I wonder if it's going to be hard to take 50+ photos!

Christina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

i'm mentally trying to think of all the opportunities i personally saw.

1st day in NYC they are outside the ship taking against the backdrop. they are on deck for sailaway. id imagine a few pics there.

monday nite they were all over the atrium and stuff. i think they take 5 or 6 pics each so we are up to maybe 10 there. assume you get 3 in each restaurant and you do specialty ones all week that would be 21 more (total guess on my part as they did take one solo of each of us then one joint in the italian restaurant).

so we are up to 31. then there are other nites they set up screens in the halls with different backdrops and you can use the main stairs as backdrop too

then when you get off in port each day there are characters so i'm pretty sure if you wanted u could get 50 but for us personally that would have been a lot.

getting the usb is a true value of 20 according to their pricing but even at that, i couldnt pick out 10 pics for us to get so i just got 3.

They didn't ask for our room number in Teppanyaki but they actually brought the pictures around prior to us finishing our meal so we could purchase right at the table if we wanted. I believe it was 19.99 and came with a pic of the ship....both may have been 8 by 10 or something similar to that size.

Edited by bbixler18

They didn't ask for our room number in Teppanyaki but they actually brought the pictures around prior to us finishing our meal so we could purchase right at the table if we wanted. I believe it was 19.99 and came with a pic of the ship....both may have been 8 by 10 or something similar to that size.

he never brought them around. really weird setup there. why in the world wouldnt they ask for room number or give out pics there.

maybe smoke break lol

On the Epic there was two ways to reclaim lost photos- so any that they took but weren't assigned to your cabin number. There was a wall of printed out photos sorted by location they were taken that you could claim and put in your folder, and then you could also browse through photos on the touch screens. So you could go to Teppanyaki, and select the date, and see all the photos taken then and add them to your room. We found a few missing ones that way.

On the Epic there was two ways to reclaim lost photos- so any that they took but weren't assigned to your cabin number. There was a wall of printed out photos sorted by location they were taken that you could claim and put in your folder, and then you could also browse through photos on the touch screens. So you could go to Teppanyaki, and select the date, and see all the photos taken then and add them to your room. We found a few missing ones that way.

we tried looking by location and day for 3 days. nothing. he filled out a form with time and date of photo and we got nothing. he said the pics up there are different and wouldnt be in the main bank of photos and were just a special thing up in that restaurant

i find that hard to believe.

if there was a wall of pic of the restaurant i wish he would have let me know. i asked 2 different people about this. sigh.

we tried looking by location and day for 3 days. nothing. he filled out a form with time and date of photo and we got nothing. he said the pics up there are different and wouldnt be in the main bank of photos and were just a special thing up in that restaurant

i find that hard to believe.

if there was a wall of pic of the restaurant i wish he would have let me know. i asked 2 different people about this. sigh.

They are rubbish in the photo galleries so I'm not surprised they didn't help. We had almost the opposite issue- photos of randomers kept being assigned to our room- not just 1 or 2, like 20 a day. We told them and they just shrugged. I probably had lost photos that people were looking for!!