Veggie menus

Ginb56

Hi. We're on Oriana this month. Can anyone tell me how vegetarians are catered for in MDR? Just wondering if they have a separate veggie menu on request or just the token dish on main menus? I'm not full veggie but just am not over keen on meat and seafood so often choose a veggie option. I'm sure the answer is probably on P&O site but theirs takes so long to load, I often lose the will to live! Thanks for any insight...

Hi. We're on Oriana this month. Can anyone tell me how vegetarians are catered for in MDR? Just wondering if they have a separate veggie menu on request or just the token dish on main menus? I'm not full veggie but just am not over keen on meat and seafood so often choose a veggie option. I'm sure the answer is probably on P&O site but theirs takes so long to load, I often lose the will to live! Thanks for any insight...

I think there is usally just the one veggie choice on the menu, similar to the one fish option. I tend to go for the fish option anyway.

If you are not happy about what is offered, speak to your waiter on the 2nd night (1st night is always very very busy) and see what options they can come up with.

When we eat out on land there is usually only one veggie option I find.

If you register as a vegetarian the head waiter will come to your table each night and bring the full vegetarian menu and the menu for the next day. If you like what is on offer for the next day then you can just order it at the table as usual. If you want something off the full vegetarian menu then he will take your order the night before so it can be prepared. This is the same for any dietary requirements.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My wife is a demi-veggie, she eats chicken, turkey and fish but not red meat (including ham etc. or game).

She was helped by her love of fish but always found something to eat on the menu every night.

Her only problem was eating in the Ocean Grille once. She chose a dish that sounded totally demi-veggie but when it arrived it was surrounded by bacon lardons that weren't mentioned on the menu. Oops! It didn't go down very well.

We both have a food allergy (potentially life threatening) so let P&O know in advance and they manage these very well. I've seen some vegetarian passengers who let P&O know before their cruise also treated in exactly the same way. The Head Waiter will bring the menus the evening before and you can choose for the following day. Of course you'll just have to go with whatever is on the menu on the first evening.

There will usually be one or two veggie options on the menu anyway, but from what others on the cruises have said, they will bring you an "extended" veggie menu if they know that's what you want and have let P&O know. If you also order for the following evening, you'll be able to adapt the dish to your own preference.

Our experience with our food allergies with P&O has always been excellent, and I'd highly recommend letting them know before you cruise to get the most from the menus. Just my six penneth worth.

Have a great cruise.

The standard of veggie food varies on the two cruises I have sailed on. On the first Ventura cruise the food was excellent with plenty of variety on the separate veggie menu presented to you the night before. However on my last Ventura cruise the veggie food I tried was inedible so I ended up eating in the buffet.

I'm on the Azura in a few weeks to Norway so am hoping for a better result.

Edited by whoops