Upgrade

auntiebarbie

I know this gets asked a lot & I will go back & re/ read the posts. But we ( 2 of us)have been offered an upgrade for the 1st Time for our 12 day Med cruise on the Eurodam. From a VH guarantee(the offer says VH to VQ a Verandah , to a signature suite for $649 canadian ea. We have cruised a few times but took a 6 year break as got tired of it. But last summer we took a HAL 7 day Alaska & loved it. We had a VH guarantee then & loved the verandah experience so we decided to do another Med cruise. My concerns are : we might get stuck with a non glass railing if we keep the Verandah & Will we love the suite so much that we won't want to ever go back to just a stateroom. I should mention we got a great deal for this cruise --paying $700 CANADIAN LESS for 12 days than we paid for 7 for exactly the same room type. $3200. Cdn for the 2 of us Taxes included for 12 days.

Thoughts? Thank you

Barb

We did a Med cruise last fall, 12 nights. It was very port intensive and very expensive for tours in all the very beautiful and historical places we visited, and we wanted to see everything we could. For me, I'd spend the money on shore excursions. But that's me.... And to me that $1300 is a lot for those amenities, and not even a Neptune Suite, but it may be just what you are hoping for? And here's you chance...

You would get the suites amenities, double days for suites toward your Mariner Stars count and a little more pampered but not the Neptune amenities.

If you are worried about the guarantee verandah maybe you could ask for an upgrade to a known cabin number among the verandahs as an alternative.

Either way I hope you will have a lovely cruise in the Med. m--

We did a Med cruise last fall, 12 nights. It was very port intensive and very expensive for tours in all the very beautiful and historical places we visited, and we wanted to see everything we could. For me, I'd spend the money on shore excursions. But that's me.... And to me that $1300 is a lot for those amenities, and not even a Neptune Suite, but it may be just what you are hoping for? And here's you chance...

You would get the suites amenities, double days for suites toward your Mariner Stars count and a little more pampered but not the Neptune amenities.

If you are worried about the guarantee verandah maybe you could ask for an upgrade to a known cabin number among the verandahs as an alternative.

Either way I hope you will have a lovely cruise in the Med. m--

Just one comment, if you book a Verandah and take an Upsell to a Signature Suite you do not get double days toward Mariner Stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auntiebarbie ... You should take a good look at what the Signature Suite is ... 1.5 times the size of a balcony room, with a larger bathroom, double sinks, a shower PLUS the shower/bathtub, and more closet space. The balcony is 1.5 times as big as well.

That kind of comfort and being spoiled is why those suites would be well worth the $100 extra per day (total) for us, especially on a cruise that long. How many sea days?

No matter what choice you make, have a great cruise.

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

I know this gets asked a lot & I will go back & re/ read the posts. But we ( 2 of us)have been offered an upgrade for the 1st Time for our 12 day Med cruise on the Eurodam. From a VH guarantee(the offer says VH to VQ a Verandah , to a signature suite for $649 canadian ea. We have cruised a few times but took a 6 year break as got tired of it. But last summer we took a HAL 7 day Alaska & loved it. We had a VH guarantee then & loved the verandah experience so we decided to do another Med cruise. My concerns are : we might get stuck with a non glass railing if we keep the Verandah & Will we love the suite so much that we won't want to ever go back to just a stateroom. I should mention we got a great deal for this cruise --paying $700 CANADIAN LESS for 12 days than we paid for 7 for exactly the same room type. $3200. Cdn for the 2 of us Taxes included for 12 days.

Thoughts? Thank you

Barb

I think that $649 is too expensive for an upsell. I just did the 24 night Transpacific cruise on Noordam and went from an Oceanview 1009 (in the basement) to a Signature Suite 8047 for an extra $450 per person Cnd, we also had a ridiculous deal on the cruise $1500 pp Cnd all taxes in for the Oceanview room. Well worth the upgrade with so many sea days. I'm not sure how I'll go back to a regular stateroom...

Granted your cruise is definitely more popular they probably won't have a problem selling out..(we didn't get the double cruise day credits because it was an upsell) Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so much for the advice and well wishes. I'm always so happy with the speedy and kind hearted advice I get on CC. We took the upgrade because:

It is not difficult for us financially & even with the extra $1400( I had to pay more for indurance) it is Costing less than we had anticipated.

We may not be in the suite all that much but one of the things I have been most looking forward to is drinking my wine on the balcony so extra space is always nice.

Opportunity knocked and who knows if it will again so I thought we should take advantage.

We got our cabin assignment & I'm pleased & looking forward to our cruise

Thank you so much for the advice and well wishes. I'm always so happy with the speedy and kind hearted advice I get on CC. We took the upgrade because:

It is not difficult for us financially & even with the extra $1400( I had to pay more for indurance) it is Costing less than we had anticipated.

We may not be in the suite all that much but one of the things I have been most looking forward to is drinking my wine on the balcony so extra space is always nice.

Opportunity knocked and who knows if it will again so I thought we should take advantage.

We got our cabin assignment & I'm pleased & looking forward to our cruise

Thanks for telling us how this has worked out for you. Good attitude: you will enjoy this cruise!

I know this gets asked a lot & I will go back & re/ read the posts. But we ( 2 of us)have been offered an upgrade for the 1st Time for our 12 day Med cruise on the Eurodam. From a VH guarantee(the offer says VH to VQ a Verandah , to a signature suite for $649 canadian ea. $3200. Cdn for the 2 of us Taxes included for 12 days.

Thoughts? Thank you

Barb

I think we are on the same cruise this July. You scored an awesome deal. We paid $4500 USD for two for a Verandah room. I'm jealous you got a suite for less than our verandah!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app