vegetarian meals

rebeccac

My husband and I are thinking of taking a cruise next September for our anniversary on the Caribbean Princess. I am a vegetarian (my husband is not) and was wondering if anybody knew anything about the veg meals on Princess.

I just finished a cruise in the Sun Princess in Sep. I do not eat meat, dairy, or eggs. Princess does have a vegetarian menu but most items have eggs and dairy in them. If you eat those you will be fine. If not, then they can modify meals for you. The head waiter will bring you the next day's menu at dinner so you can preorder for the next day.

The buffet is a little more hit and miss. Princess uses dairy in almost ALL of their salad dressing there. They had to make me one every night for dinner with no dairy. Anyway you should be able to pick out some things and get creative on others. For instance the would have chips and guacamole at the end. I would go get the chips and guacamole then go back to the salad bar and add fresh veggies for sort of a taco/guacamole salad.

they do a veggie burger on the outdoor grill but it isn't very good....

It helps to have your TA and then you write Princess before your cruise indicating your need for special meals.

they do a veggie burger on the outdoor grill but it isn't very good....

Hmmm, my wife thought the veggie burger on the Golden last month was one of the best she ever had (and she's had alot of them!), although she didn't like the 10-15 minute wait for it (beef burgers are already ready and VERY cooked)

I too am a vegetarian, but also a very fussy eater. Each night's menu typically has a vegetarian entree, but often not something I would be interested in or wasn't a healthy choice in my opinion. Most cruises have usually been pretty accomodating if I order something different. Many nights I'll order a plate of steamed vegetables with rice, potato, pasta, etc....I'll also ask for pasta with plain marinara sauce and that's always an easy request for them to accomodate.

The earlier poster was correct about the buffet, though. It can be done, but just a bit more effort.

You should be just fine. Don't worry!

Archived