Vista regrets.....(just whining)

Cruzayear

Are there specific "cutbacks" related to the Vista that you may have been expecting? We're doing the Vista this coming January and the Oasis the following year. DW tried RCCL this past spring and loved it. I'm a bit concerned she was "spoiled" because, by "hook or crook" she wound up in the "Ben and Jerry Sweet" and had all sorts of perks not available to regular RCCL cruisers. But I'm glad she's willing to move away from the only Carnival mentality.

Nothing specific just wondering if for the price we paid should I have booked RC. I'm over it now and I'm sure that we will have a good time as always. My family is really excited about just going on vacation period. :D:D

I am coming back to Carnival after a few years with RCI. Cutbacks are happening on all mass market cruise lines. The Oasis Class ships are amazing though, I love the Allure, but I am looking forward to the Vista. Now you have something to look forward to in 2018.

Yes, we are pumped about both about both cruises :)

You have plenty of time to cancel. Why not just do that? You're already regretting things. It will probably get worse as you work yourself up until next June. You can try the Vista in 2018. Prices may be lower and you may get different itineraries.

I'm okay now, I was in my feelings when I posted this :D

All of our cruises have been with Carnival so it's all that we have known but I am starting to have second thoughts about them after reading some of these posts. With the continuous cutbacks to service and higher fees and prices I wonder if I'm missing out on something better.

I am booked for Vista 6/2017 but I now wish that I had booked on one of the RC Oasis class ships. I feel this way because it appears that on Vista I will be getting much of the same that we always get but for a higher price. I guess that's why I keep going back to Carnival because it's so comfortable and predictable.

There are 13 of us traveling ( 7 adults and 6 children ) so I guess we'll have to wait until 2018 to try RC.

Hi there

Certainly don't just go on another cruise with Carnival just because that is the only cruise line you have been on.

A lot of people say that with the mass market cruise lines they are more alike than not. If you believe this you should be able to agree that your choice of one of these cruise lines should be based on what everybody says is important...itinerary, price, and to a lesser extent the ship.

If you would truly like to experience something better, why don't you try one of the ""luxury lines", experience something better and decide if that is what you are looking for. If it is, then all it might mean is that you would be on able to go on fewer trips, but if you enjoy them more it would seem to be an even trade off.

there are always options

what's the worst that can happen if you try something different

Eventually, Vista won't be the big, new, shiny ship and the prices will moderate. Eventually. And if you aren't impressed with the other cruiselines, you can sail her then.

I was waiting for prices to drop on Breeze & then they moved her from Miami. We prefer to cruise from either Miami or Port Everglades.