The Fashionista Returns!

lara_lox

Hello my cruise critic friends!

After a regrettably long absence I'm back! So, those of you who know me may remember I was hoping to get married on the Spirit but thanks to the terms of my visa I couldn't leave the country, and sadly had to stay on land. But I can happily announce that not only am I now a Mrs, I also just got my green card and that means I can cruise again. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D

So immediately that kick started M and I into celebration/honeymoon cruise planning. We are thinking the Escape from Miami at the end of June. It's been a long while since I got to sail on one of Norwegian's bigger ships (remember I've sailed two oceans on the Epic and LOVED it) so I think this will be a great option for us. We are busy reading all the reviews and of course I know what to expect from NCL, but I'd love to hear opinions here from those I trust the most ;)

Thanks in advance... Lara x

P.S. For my Fashionista followers out there, this is what we wore...

P1010357a_zpsppj9mmfn.jpg

P1010396a_zpsu1xs3wcm.jpg

P1010430a_zpsnlzxaln1.jpg

I'm sorry..but I'm SO happy for you! And so excited to see you (and your shoes) back at NCL. Yippee..let the fun begin.

Oh..and congrats on your nuptials. You make a beautiful couple!

Cheers,

Sandy

Yay! Congratulations.

We loved the Escape and are booked again for 2018 (a LONG time to wait).

We have also been on the Epic twice and when booking for 2018 we choose the Escape for several reasons:

1. We really enjoyed the Waterfront area and ate outside twice. I plan on spending more time there on my future cruises. There are areas that are quiet and have comfy chairs.

2. If you like wine, there is a wine bar. If you like beer, there's the District Brewhouse. And there is just about every other bar in between. We had a glass or two of wine every day in the wine bar. The bartenders got to know us and would pour wines for us that were not available by the glass.

3. Food Republic -- while we only ate there once, it was a fun experience and they serve some really interesting food.

Enjoy planning your trip!

Congratulations and welcome back, Lara!

I've been on Escape three times and Getaway five (#6 next Sunday). Both ships are great and similar in many ways. I prefer GA because I am a huge fan of Ocean Blue/Raw Bar and didn't care for Bayamo/Tapas Bar on Escape.

Both ships have lots of nightlife.

I always stay in the Haven and love the Escape's Haven.

Let me know if you have specific questions about either ship.

Tracy

Hello my cruise critic friends!

After a regrettably long absence I'm back! So, those of you who know me may remember I was hoping to get married on the Spirit but thanks to the terms of my visa I couldn't leave the country, and sadly had to stay on land. But I can happily announce that not only am I now a Mrs, I also just got my green card and that means I can cruise again. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D

So immediately that kick started M and I into celebration/honeymoon cruise planning. We are thinking the Escape from Miami at the end of June. It's been a long while since I got to sail on one of Norwegian's bigger ships (remember I've sailed two oceans on the Epic and LOVED it) so I think this will be a great option for us. We are busy reading all the reviews and of course I know what to expect from NCL, but I'd love to hear opinions here from those I trust the most ;)

Thanks in advance... Lara x

P.S. For my Fashionista followers out there, this is what we wore...

P1010357a_zpsppj9mmfn.jpg

P1010396a_zpsu1xs3wcm.jpg

P1010430a_zpsnlzxaln1.jpg

Congratulations! You both look beautiful!

Congratulations! You both look lovely! and I love both your dresses. I am booked on the Escape, but not until next year:(. It looks like a fabulous ship. Make sure you check out Gambee's review! And welcome back. I will look forward to a review from you soon:)

LUV LUV LUV your dresses and you both looked beautiful! I'm looking forward to reading your posts as you apparently have a lot of fans. I am also a big fan of shoes so I will be particularly paying attention to those.

Warm regards,

Mallory

Congratulations to you both!!! I think both of the dresses are beautiful and of course your shoes. I too am glad you are back as I love reading your reviews. Congratulations again and welcome back :)

Yeah Lara, I am so happy that you came back and posted! Congratulations to you and "M" and wishing you both many many years of love and happiness. You both look absolutely gorgeous and I hope you had a lovely wedding day. Cheers to your marriage and a great cruise once you decide what you are doing! I just know it will be fabulous!

All the best to you both!

Jai

Congratulations and welcome back! Your dresses were beautiful. I love your reviews! Happy Honeymoon planning. We are booked on the Escape next year, so I will have to wait on your review!! I can say we LOVE the Getaway. Perfect vacation for us!!

Congrats Lara. You now moved/work etc over there permanently?

Thank you wine buddy! Yes, I am now a permanant resident of the US! My green card only just arrived so I started job hunting this week. Hoping to cruise right before I start somewhere. I hope all is good with you :)

Thank you all so much for the congratulations 😁It was an amazing day, despit being on land lol!

We are now looking at the Getaway from Miami instead, it's slightly cheaper and so well recommended by people I know and trust. I also like that it has Shanghai included as a complimentary dining option, and that there is Bliss. I have always liked to have a club to catch up with friends last thing in the evening, a standard go to place for all is dirty stop-outs!! :eek:

So any more comments regarding the Getaway?

Thank you all so much for the congratulations 😁It was an amazing day, despit being on land lol!

We are now looking at the Getaway from Miami instead, it's slightly cheaper and so well recommended by people I know and trust. I also like that it has Shanghai included as a complimentary dining option, and that there is Bliss. I have always liked to have a club to catch up with friends last thing in the evening, a standard go to place for all is dirty stop-outs!! :eek:

So any more comments regarding the Getaway?

I can tell you that since Shanghai Noodle Bar became a free dining venue that people begin lining up around 4:00 or so to get seated when they open at 5:00.

My last cruise on GA, I tried to go there several times only to be told that the first opening was going to be approximately 9:00 p.m. So be prepared: either get there super early or dine late. It's such a small venue and I also miss it being open for lunch.

Tracy