Bathing Suit Trama!!!!

Ladies! I am with each and every one of you!

I have had great success finishing Longitude, Rose Marie Reed and Miracle suits at TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Ross. I buy multiple different pieces at Lands End and try them on, return the rest for no shipping charge at Sears. I do not buy the suits with max control at Lands End because see I ended up in the same predicament as the OP. I think the pressure from the suit made my eyes bug out.

If any of you have resources to find a suit for my daughter who is a curvy size 20 with a 40G bra size, please share.

Here's to hoping each of us find suits we love. I tend to buy the same style in multiple colors...

I was a 38H before I had reduction-best decision ever! Anyway, I had the best luck at JC Penny's finding a tankini that fit, supported, and flattered.

I was a 38H before I had reduction-best decision ever! Anyway, I had the best luck at JC Penny's finding a tankini that fit, supported, and flattered.

DD is planning on a reduction when she gets closer to her ideal weight and has the money! She's lost weight everywhere but up top.... will let her know about Penny's. Thanks :)

Just a word of warning regarding 2 pieces. A few years back we went to Maho Beach. DH and DSs were out kind of far. I wanted to get in but didn't want to get my hair wet. They told me I needed to be out further because the waves were breaking close to shore. I didn't listen.

All I remember is opening my eyes underwater and seeing greenish blue water. My feet were up in the air and I did a somersault.

Then I was pushed up onshore head first on my stomach. Another wave came to finish me off. Up further on the beach I went getting a free exfoliation along the way. My top was down but I was covered head to toe in sticky sand. Now picture a blind, drowned rat clawing their way up the beach to safety. Yep that was me. All I could hear was loud roaring laughter coming from the sea. I realized what happened and managed to pull my top up, flip over, and get the sand and salt water out of my eyes.

Pretty sure I yelled some expletives at the 3 males who were almost drowning themselves because they were laughing so hard at me. I sat on my towel thankful to be alive. Good times. Good times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was laughing so hard caused I did this exact thing in Florida. Since then we call it "frolicking". When I got up to the condo there was sand in crevices I didn't know I had.

Well at least I'm not the only one. It really was a sight to behold I'm sure! And yes I did have sand in every possible millimeter of my body. It took more than one shower to finally purge it all. DH and DSs still talk about it and laugh. It is kinda funny but it wasn't at the time - for me anyway! [emoji41]

I have bought some great tummy control suits from Lands End. And, also, stay away from a one piece. Too hard to get back on when wet on all those potty breaks! I buy the two piece with the full tops. Some actually hide the bulge, as they are not form fitting, and I order the full brief bottom with tummy control. Works out very well! Good luck!

Lol! The problems we have with swim suits! Am I the only person who pulls my one piece aside at the bottom when I have to pee? So much easier than the on and off trauma. I brought a couple of one pieces and a couple of two pieces on my last trip along with a water shirt. Surprisingly my go to was a basic black bottom with my swim shirt. Nothing underneath the top. The swim shirt dries fast. They have short and long sleeve options. You can get a men's in a bigger size if needed and it provides sun protection to boot. Good luck on finding the perfect bathing suit. I am over 50 and have never been so lucky!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lands end has 40% off swimwear ending today. Check out their swim leggings! I have every risk for skin cancer and my mom is on her third round with it.

I'm covering up and I dont care what anyone thinks about it! Long sleeve swim shirt and the swim leggins with the skirt built in!

Just a suggestion!

Thank you for all your bathing suit advice! Lol. I now promise to wear my new tummy sucking and boob confining swim suit on my cruise confidently and happily!

However, May I be tipsy enough not to worry about that "potential" mishap with some extra pee dribble from pulling aside my guaranteed extra non sweat breath easy sand resistant crotch support one piece trifecta!

Edited by Carol burnet

I went to Target in Deerfield Beach, FL and was amazed at the number of swimwear bottoms they had! I like full coverage and had many shorts and skorts to choose from in different styles and different qualities.

Thank you for all your bathing suit advice! Lol. I now promise to wear my new tummy sucking and boob confining swim suit on my cruise confidently and happily!

However, May I be tipsy enough not to worry about that "potential" mishap with some extra pee dribble from pulling aside my guaranteed extra non sweat breath easy sand resistant crotch support one piece trifecta!

Yet another glorious LOL! Regarding the bathing suit trauma!! Enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Swimsuitsforall has full coverage bottoms in several colors for less than $15 -full briefs, shorts, and skirts. I just ordered a black, a navy, and a raspberry brief for $13 each with a coupon for free shipping. I just found a tankini top at JC Penney yesterday (white with several colors in the print including black and raspberry) that was half-off plus I had a $10 off coupon.

Swimsuitsforall has full coverage bottoms in several colors for less than $15 -full briefs, shorts, and skirts. I just ordered a black, a navy, and a raspberry brief for $13 each with a coupon for free shipping. I just found a tankini top at JC Penney yesterday (white with several colors in the print including black and raspberry) that was half-off plus I had a $10 off coupon.

My package arrived today and the swim bottoms are great -True to size and the colors are exactly as pictured. Went through my tops last night and I have several that will work with them. I also have a Pareto and a sarong that will match up with them . Ready to sail!

Lmao and I just died alittle! I got the whole visual bc I've had same dilemma w my spanx before! The crap we woman have to go through to look beautiful......smh

I like to go with a swim skirt (good coverage of the dreaded upper thighs and hips) and a tankini top. This also helps with the bathroom issue, because it is easier to pull down a skirt then try to struggle with a wet one piece suit. Remember though: the people on the cruise don't you and you won't have to see them ever again. Wear what you like and don't even worry about what other people think of you and your figure. Just work it, girl!

Ladies! I am with each and every one of you!

I have had great success finishing Longitude, Rose Marie Reed and Miracle suits at TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Ross. I buy multiple different pieces at Lands End and try them on, return the rest for no shipping charge at Sears. I do not buy the suits with max control at Lands End because see I ended up in the same predicament as the OP. I think the pressure from the suit made my eyes bug out.

If any of you have resources to find a suit for my daughter who is a curvy size 20 with a 40G bra size, please share.

Here's to hoping each of us find suits we love. I tend to buy the same style in multiple colors...

Did your daughter find one? I'm an 18 and I saw suits at Torrid dot com and ModCloth dot com. Now my ta tas aren't as big, but I know they carry plus sizes that fit me so she many have some luck and the styles are really cute.

Edited by cj_one2000

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a pair of these for kayaking, and they are fantastic! I'm wearing them for everything now. The attached skirt is just enough that I don't need a cover up, I just toss a t-shirt on over my swim top.

• 2 weeks later...

I am the orginal poster..... WELL GUESS WHAT???????????

I am so excited! The perfect bathing suit arrived on Monday for my cruise! No extra fat hanging out!!!! Yahoo!!!!!! I ordered it from Venus! I am so relieved and so excited! We leave for our cruise in 6 days! :D

Edited by Carol burnet