Time to change the platinum/diamond chocolate covered strawberries.

I don't like the chocolate covered strawberries and I'd like for them to change this to something like they used to have, chocolates in various forms. Last cruise I asked for something different and got a plate of really delicious cookies.

Any suggestions? A cheese plate would be nice.

The ones that they sell at the coffee shop are a lot more delicious than the ones they send to the platinum members.

Yes, I agree.

OP - Who & when did you ask for something different? We'd love the cookies. Since we do B2B, would love something different. We usually throw out some of the "chocolate treat" after it sits around for a day.

They have some REALLY nice looking ones that special people get. Even better than the little tuxedo clad ones. I've seen some posted in some FB groups. The ones you get from JH look like they just dribbled Hershey syrup over them. To his credit, you do get a SOAS from him though.

Edited by Thorncroft

Just give it time and it will change.

You just need to wait long enough for the number crunchers at corporate to realise that if they cutback to sending a plate of Oreos instead of chocolate covered strawberries that they can save a few dollars per cruise.

Also know that when that change happens, it'll be brilliant.

We have 4 people in our cabin that are platinum so we get everything x4. Usually I just give them away to neighbors. This month we are doing a back to back so we will get 8 plates of strawberries. Oh joy. OP who did you ask to get the cookies instead? I would love to have options or just ask them to please not bring 4 plates of them.

Hubby and I are both platinum but have only ever gotten one plate of the awful strawberries.

Once someone told me you could request cheese and crackers so I did. The cheese was nice but they gave us soda crackers. Ick.

I too wish it could be something else.

Just give it time and it will change.

You just need to wait long enough for the number crunchers at corporate to realise that if they cutback to sending a plate of Oreos instead of chocolate covered strawberries that they can save a few dollars per cruise.

Also know that when that change happens, it'll be brilliant.

I would actually prefer oreos.:D

I wish I could opt out of the chocolate covered strawberries, I don't need the extra food anyway. However, I would like to have an extra "ultimate margarita". :D

Yes, a drink ticket or bottle of wine would be much nicer.

We have 4 people in our cabin that are platinum so we get everything x4. Usually I just give them away to neighbors. This month we are doing a back to back so we will get 8 plates of strawberries. Oh joy. OP who did you ask to get the cookies instead? I would love to have options or just ask them to please not bring 4 plates of them.

I wrote to special services that I'm allergic to strawberries. The chocolate chip cookies were very, very good.

Bottle of wine would be good or a drink coupon to use anytime.

Just off the Splendor and didn't receive any strawberries--just a plate of some type of little desserts. No chocolate or strawberries. Letter says chocolate delight. I just happened to be there when they were being delivered and said no thanks. They would have gone untouched.

I don't like the chocolate covered strawberries and I'd like for them to change this to something like they used to have, chocolates in various forms. Last cruise I asked for something different and got a plate of really delicious cookies.

Any suggestions? A cheese plate would be nice.

Thanks for bringing this up, cruisinpsychRN. I rarely eat more than one of those platinum chocolate covered strawberries. Even if it was a modest selection, I would prefer to have a choice of things to pick from. Reality for me is most of these go uneaten and unused.

I really appreciate Carnival's intention, but the offering is not appropriate to my taste. And I really hate to waste, so it bothers me to just set them in the hallway to be picked up uneaten. I cannot eat much chocolate at all, and as others have stated, these strawberries often look like leftovers.

I wrote to special services that I'm allergic to strawberries. The chocolate chip cookies were very, very good.

Bottle of wine would be good or a drink coupon to use anytime.

Last cruise I ordered chocolate chip cookies from room service and they were very good!

For the last 4 cruises I have sailed with other platinum cabin mates we only get 1 plate of strawberries. In fact in January we did not receive strawberries but a plate of nasty little cakes they were awful!!!!