Spa Pass Question Carnival Magic

elainmir

I see the Day Pass is 40$ and I read about a DIY sugar scrub kit, my question is about whether or not the kit is included in the cost of the day pass or is it extra? Does anyone know the price? I'd like to do a sea day pass maybe...do I purchase that at Guest Services for the day I'd like? Thanks in advance cruising gurus :D;)

I see the Day Pass is 40$ and I read about a DIY sugar scrub kit, my question is about whether or not the kit is included in the cost of the day pass or is it extra? Does anyone know the price? I'd like to do a sea day pass maybe...do I purchase that at Guest Services for the day I'd like? Thanks in advance cruising gurus :D;)

The scrub (it's a tiny plastic "pot") is extra if you're buying a day pass, or weekly pass, but comes with the spa cabins (as a "gift"). I found the scrub too oily although the fragrance is wonderful (I like the lavender) -

It is NOT to be used in the spa area, it is for use in your cabin (or home afterward). The oil base makes for a VERY slick shower floor, so use caution! I want to say the scrub was $10, if purchased, but truth is, it came with the cabin (spa balcony) so I didn't really pay close attention.

We adore Cloud9 and next April will be our 6th Cloud9 spa cabin!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If I bought a couple spa pass for the week and after the first day, I found that I probably wouldn't use it any during the rest of my cruise, could I change the weekly pass for a day pass and get a refund for the difference? The ship is the Magic.

Do the showers in the spa have the same soap/shampoo are in the non spa cabins?

If I am using the spa shower, what do I need to bring with me? I know there are towels/wash clothes, but do I need to bring soap/shampoo? Is there a private area to dress, dry hair and apply makeup? Are there hair dryers?

Where do you store your personal belongings while you are in the shower, in lockers? How big are the lockers?

Edited by dorisdvu

The scrub (it's a tiny plastic "pot") is extra if you're buying a day pass, or weekly pass, but comes with the spa cabins (as a "gift"). I found the scrub too oily although the fragrance is wonderful (I like the lavender) -

It is NOT to be used in the spa area, it is for use in your cabin (or home afterward). The oil base makes for a VERY slick shower floor, so use caution! I want to say the scrub was $10, if purchased, but truth is, it came with the cabin (spa balcony) so I didn't really pay close attention.

We adore Cloud9 and next April will be our 6th Cloud9 spa cabin!

We are booked in our first Cloud 9 Spa Balcony cabin next March on the Breeze. When we were choosing a cabin, I had made a long list of acceptable locations and prices. I kept going through the list and telling my husband what was above or below each cabin and why it would be good or bad to be there. The clincher for the Spa Balcony was when I told him there would be slippers in the cabin! He stopped playing his laptop solitaire game and looked at me and says "Slippers???? Why didn't you tell me about the Slippers????" So....we booked a Spa Balcony.

For anyone who has booked this type of cabin, what was your favorite perk to have?

I brought the slippers home but don't wear them. They don't stay on my feet.

It now appears that you CAN purchase a spa pass (full cruise only) online before sailing. I'm on Splendor in a month and saw it available.

I suspect that if you purchase the weekly pass and don't use it, you're out of luck. They sell a very limited number of passes.

Unless you're sure you're going to get your money's worth, I wouldn't pre-purchase it. If you're staying on the ship on port days and have nothing else you want to do other than be in the spa, then go for it. I like to try things first before I commit to the funds. ;)

On Splendor to Bermuda last October, we used the spa only twice. First time, on a sea day, the water in the Thalassotherapy pool was so rough you couldn't sit in there. One of the rooms with the heated chairs (the one in the front of the ship) had a group of people using it at Party Central. They even had drinks in there (in glass containers). :mad:

The steam rooms were so hot I couldn't breathe. So, I was a little disappointed, after hearing how wonderful it was, that I couldn't actually use some of the rooms when I was in there.

I absolutely LOVED the room with the heated ceramic loungers, though! It was wonderful. Could spend an entire day in there!

I'm considering a day pass, but I have excursions each port day (I never stay on the ship when in port), and will probably have other things I want to do on sea days. I'm just going to play it by ear and, if I want a pass, hope they have them available.

I purchased the couples spa pass before I cruised. It was quite a bit cheaper than buying it on the ship. We loved it...we used the thalosstherapy pool(sp), heated loungers, steam room etc...daily. After our sea kayaking excursion in St. Thomas, DH complained about his shoulders hurting...the pool and loungers took care of that!

It was very peaceful and a great way to relax and chill out.

On Splendor to Bermuda last October, we used the spa only twice. First time, on a sea day, the water in the Thalassotherapy pool was so rough you couldn't sit in there. One of the rooms with the heated chairs (the one in the front of the ship) had a group of people using it at Party Central. They even had drinks in there (in glass containers). :mad:

The steam rooms were so hot I couldn't breathe. So, I was a little disappointed, after hearing how wonderful it was, that I couldn't actually use some of the rooms when I was in there.

I absolutely LOVED the room with the heated ceramic loungers, though! It was wonderful. Could spend an entire day in there!

Wow, I would have complained (discreetly) to the spa staff, glass containers AND loud partiers - oh hell no! lol The worst I've experienced have been loud snorers :p

I can't do the steamrooms either and loooove the heated loungers as well :D

When I get the spa pass I make a point of visiting every day, especially after port visits, my feet are usually killing me. On the Breeze I know the exact location of the nozzle with enough force to massage my feet briskly! :cool:

One of the rooms with the heated chairs (the one in the front of the ship) had a group of people using it at Party Central. They even had drinks in there (in glass containers).

I want to tell you how much i appreciate your idea!! We are booked in a spa balcony on the Magic in April, and I would nevet have thought of partying in the spa. I am planning on getting real weird on this next cruise, so thes aeems like a perfect fit. But, HEY, dont worry because i use an RTIC cup. :D

I purchased the couples spa pass before I cruised. It was quite a bit cheaper than buying it on the ship. We loved it...we used the thalosstherapy pool(sp), heated loungers, steam room etc...daily. After our sea kayaking excursion in St. Thomas, DH complained about his shoulders hurting...the pool and loungers took care of that!

It was very peaceful and a great way to relax and chill out.

I'd love to pay for this ahead of time, but cannot find it on the site. I didn't see it under spa services or FAQs. Where were you able to do this? Thanks, in advance.

I'd love to pay for this ahead of time, but cannot find it on the site. I didn't see it under spa services or FAQs. Where were you able to do this? Thanks, in advance.

If you go to "my cruise manager" you should see a option for "The Spa & Salon Services". Once you have selected this you should see a menu of spa services on the left hand side. Select "relaxation areas". You should find spa passes there.

I picked up a 5 day couple pass already for our 11/20 cruise! Hope this helps.

It showed up about 2 months before the cruise date, at the very end of the list of spa services.

Not sure when it showed up for my 10/30 sailing as I never pre-book spa appointments. Not even sure why I was browsing that area but I saw it just the other day. It may have been listed for weeks and I just didn't realize it. :o

The price looks to me to be the same as on the ship, but, again, since I've never purchased one, I can't be sure. Only time I've had Cloud 9 access was with a Spa cabin. I've never found a pre-purchase spa price to be less than on board, which is why I always wait and book one of the package deals for a port day later in the cruise.

I just never seem to find time for the spa, especially on port days (unless it's a port that I've been to a dozen times, like Nassau and Grand Turk).

If I were on a trans-Atlantic, with all those sea days, then it might be worth it to me. I'd have to hope the Thalasso pool waves weren't so huge I had to hang on to keep from being swept out! ;)

I thought about complaining to the spa staff, but after a long, relaxing recline/nap on the heater lounger, I pretty much forgot about it. And you know Carnival. They wouldn't dare risk angering someone. I've never understood that aspect of "customer service" where you can't reprimand someone even if that someone is doing something that's annoying many, many others.

The noise was unpleasant but it was the glass in there that worried me. And just the fact that a group of people would be that inconsiderate (although it really isn't very surprising). Sad.

Not sure when it showed up for my 10/30 sailing as I never pre-book spa appointments. Not even sure why I was browsing that area but I saw it just the other day. It may have been listed for weeks and I just didn't realize it. :o

The price looks to me to be the same as on the ship, but, again, since I've never purchased one, I can't be sure. Only time I've had Cloud 9 access was with a Spa cabin. I've never found a pre-purchase spa price to be less than on board, which is why I always wait and book one of the package deals for a port day later in the cruise.

I just never seem to find time for the spa, especially on port days (unless it's a port that I've been to a dozen times, like Nassau and Grand Turk).

If I were on a trans-Atlantic, with all those sea days, then it might be worth it to me. I'd have to hope the Thalasso pool waves weren't so huge I had to hang on to keep from being swept out! ;)

I thought about complaining to the spa staff, but after a long, relaxing recline/nap on the heater lounger, I pretty much forgot about it. And you know Carnival. They wouldn't dare risk angering someone. I've never understood that aspect of "customer service" where you can't reprimand someone even if that someone is doing something that's annoying many, many others.

The noise was unpleasant but it was the glass in there that worried me. And just the fact that a group of people would be that inconsiderate (although it really isn't very surprising). Sad.

Oh man, I know what you mean! I made the mistake of personally asking some people a few doors down from my cabin "can you keep it down please?" and the next day I had room service trays in front of my door, pffft! I swear they weren't even fighting but apparently they communicate by yelling. Next time I will call GS anonymously!

We are booked in our first Cloud 9 Spa Balcony cabin next March on the Breeze. When we were choosing a cabin, I had made a long list of acceptable locations and prices. I kept going through the list and telling my husband what was above or below each cabin and why it would be good or bad to be there. The clincher for the Spa Balcony was when I told him there would be slippers in the cabin! He stopped playing his laptop solitaire game and looked at me and says "Slippers???? Why didn't you tell me about the Slippers????" So....we booked a Spa Balcony.

For anyone who has booked this type of cabin, what was your favorite perk to have?

We have had a Spa cabin 3 times, Splendor. Dream & Breeze. I love the private entrance to the spa and using it whenever you want..we are doing a spa cabin again on the Magic May 2017.... oh, the robes are nicer too!!! Enjoy!!! [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Forums