Weddings on a ship?

phabric

My daughter has just gotten engaged.

Would be interested in receiving any information (websites, phone #, experiences) about a wedding on a ship. With some ports being missed for a beach wedding so thinking having the wedding on the ship.

Is there a section on Cruise Critic for weddings?

Hi Phabric

Have seen a few weddings onboard, have spoken to a few happy couples all have said Princess does weddings very well,

having done renew of vows twice very impressed with what was organised,

yours Shogun

I was married onboard. It was just perfect for us. The most stressful part was transporting my wedding dress on the plane.

Here is a link to my review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=612891

I had to go through a company called The Wedding Experience. It was required by Princess.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Really enjoyed your wedding review. Since she has just got engaged and has cruised a few times, she might be interested in a wedding on a ship since we have discussed ship wedding before.

There seems to have many add ons that you can purchase. Did you purchase any?

I would love to share your pictures you send to the others, if possible. Here is my email - walkerxxx@rogers.com.

Edited by phabric

I am a Princess Bride. They were wonderful, everything was so stress-free (except our flights and weather that really messed up the flights but we made the ship) and just easy as well.

Just a basic rule for cruising - get to your embarkation port a day ahead of time. Plan to be married on the ship, not at a port, just in case you miss that port due to weather or other issues.

The Captain's on Princess are authorized to perform the marriages under the Bermuda Marriage Act of 1989 (I think that is correct year, I knew for sure in 2004 when we were married), and the marriage license will be Bermudian - very simple to fill out the form and let the Wedding Experience take care of the rest of it.

On board, the Passenger Relations officer who was in charge of the weddings was really wonderful, took great care of us, the Captain could not have been more charming---my Dad was so impressed with the way things went for my wedding that he chose Princess to for the 50th Anniversary "second wedding" as a surprise for my mom . It was not just a renewal of vows, they did the whole thing. I handled the contact with Princess, et al, so mom wouldn't get wind of it, and it was just lovely.

So, if she doesn't want a big wedding and the people she wishes to have present are willing to cruise, it is a great way to go.

I'll check back in case you have questions.

My daughter has just gotten engaged.

Would be interested in receiving any information (websites, phone #, experiences) about a wedding on a ship. With some ports being missed for a beach wedding so thinking having the wedding on the ship.

Is there a section on Cruise Critic for weddings?

Contact Princess.