Port of Boston question

TW6cruiser

I will also post this in the port section, but we are on a Princess cruise so my question is Princess specific. On our fall Canada/New England cruise we dock in Boston on Saturday Sept. 24. We plan to meet up with family who live in Boston to do some sightseeing with them. Does Princess run a shuttle (for free or to pay) into downtown Boston? Does anyone know if they do and if so, where does the shuttle drop off/pick up? Thank you to anyone who has this information.

There's a cell phone lot at the Black Falcon Cruise Ship Terminal; it's close to the EDIC parking garage. Suggest your friends wait there until you get off the ship, call them on our cell phone to coordinate meeting. Then they can proceed down Drydock Ave to pick you up for sight seeing. Or they could park at the garage - plenty of space - and meet you as you exit the terminal. Maybe do the Ho-Ho Trolley together, or walk the waterfront towards the market area.

Darcy

Also, you can walk it into town, if the spirit moves you!

While doable, I think that you'd agree that it would be a bit of a hike, and that the Silverline to South Station would be better. :)

While doable, I think that you'd agree that it would be a bit of a hike, and that the Silverline to South Station would be better. :)

Actually, I prefer to walk it in and back out to port. All those calories that I burn are just extras that I save up for a visit to Mike's. :)

Actually, I prefer to walk it in and back out to port. All those calories that I burn are just extras that I save up for a visit to Mike's. :)

Ah, okay. While I know that some people wouldn't mind that walk, it is a bit of a hike especially if it's warm. On the other hand they could walk to a water taxi and call for one to drop them at the Marriot which is just across from Fanueil Hall and down the street from the North End.

P.S. I prefer Modern. ;)

Ah, okay. While I know that some people wouldn't mind that walk, it is a bit of a hike especially if it's warm. On the other hand they could walk to a water taxi and call for one to drop them at the Marriot which is just across from Fanueil Hall and down the street from the North End.

P.S. I prefer Modern. ;)

I am originally from New Haven, so I really prefer Libby's- for both ice and cookies. Next time I am in Beantown- I will seek out Modern on your recommendation.

I need to get up to visit my brick (placed in Fenway) soon. Love, love, love Boston!

I am originally from New Haven, so I really prefer Libby's- for both ice and cookies. Next time I am in Beantown- I will seek out Modern on your recommendation.

I need to get up to visit my brick (placed in Fenway) soon. Love, love, love Boston!

I live on the South Shore, but my mother grew up in the North End and we still have family and friends there. Modern is good, but make sure you have cash on you because they don't take credit cards. But, what the heck go to both ;)

That is so cool about your brick at Fenway!

I am not that familiar with Conn. except for Groton (my husband was a sub sailor) and Mystic, but I'll take your word on Libby's. :)

I live on the South Shore, but my mother grew up in the North End and we still have family and friends there. Modern is good, but make sure you have cash on you because they don't take credit cards. But, what the heck go to both ;)

That is so cool about your brick at Fenway!

I am not that familiar with Conn. except for Groton (my husband was a sub sailor) and Mystic, but I'll take your word on Libby's. :)

We always have cash on us, just for that reason. None of the great places take a card- it would ruin the whole authenic, homegrown experience.

My husband and I were married (just shy of) 25 years ago. My brother threw our engagement party at Fenway- hired a bus- had the grassy area near third base for a BBQ- and whole nine yards. For our 20th anniversery, my husband had a brick laid in Fenway to commemorate the occasion. I have an identical brick in my office. As a life-long, avid Sox fan, there is just no better place on Earth.:)

We always have cash on us, just for that reason. None of the great places take a card- it would ruin the whole authenic, homegrown experience.

My husband and I were married (just shy of) 25 years ago. My brother threw our engagement party at Fenway- hired a bus- had the grassy area near third base for a BBQ- and whole nine yards. For our 20th anniversery, my husband had a brick laid in Fenway to commemorate the occasion. I have an identical brick in my office. As a life-long, avid Sox fan, there is just no better place on Earth.:)

That is SO VERY COOL!!! What a great story! Sounds like you married a good man. :)

I love the Red Sox too, and clearly you loved them too even when they couldn't quite pull it together all those years. No fair weather fans here. :)

My husband and I are just shy of 25 years too. In fact, next year we'll be on a 10 day repo on Princess to celebrate.

I am jealous of your winters in the Carolinas though. Sigh :)

That is SO VERY COOL!!! What a great story! Sounds like you married a good man. :)

I love the Red Sox too, and clearly you loved them too even when they couldn't quite pull it together all those years. No fair weather fans here. :)

My husband and I are just shy of 25 years too. In fact, next year we'll be on a 10 day repo on Princess to celebrate.

I am jealous of your winters in the Carolinas though. Sigh :)

Yep. I loved them- even when Buckner blew the series in 86. They have always been "my boys".

As for winters in NC- one word- short! We had a great winter here. Lots of shirts, ballet flats, and sweaters.

Truth be told, I really miss the pace and the people of New England.

TW6Cruiser, sorry for the hi-jacking of your thread. ;)

That is a really beautiful time to be in Boston. I love the water taxis. Check out bostonharborcruises.com, but if anyone in your party has mobility issues it would be too hard to get in and out of the boats.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Yep. I loved them- even when Buckner blew the series in 86. They have always been "my boys".

As for winters in NC- one word- short! We had a great winter here. Lots of shirts, ballet flats, and sweaters.

Truth be told, I really miss the pace and the people of New England.

I think that I'd miss that too, but those winters...., lol. I've hated the cold my whole life.

I lived in Boston most of my life just down the street from the Boston Garden. You are going to love it here. September is a great time of the year In Boston.

Go Red Sox !!! Go Patriots!! Go Bruins !! and forget the Celtics !!

Tony