Caribbean Princess Confused

Shogun

Hi All

Folks getting off Caribbean Princess in Greenock this morning, were wrapped up like they were on a polar expedition , the issue is they are confused as to where they are, we have today, wonder how many brought their shorts, sunscreen, sun hats and shades.:D

dead calm waters,

beautiful blue sea

and temps in 80s

sun from 3.am to 11.00pm

yours Shogun

Edited by Shogun

Sounds a lot better than when we were there a few weeks ago on the Caribbean Princess! Wish we had seen some of that sunshine and had felt some of that forecasted warmth.

Hi All

Folks getting off Caribbean Princess in Greenock this morning, were wrapped up like they were on a polar expedition , the issue is they are confused as to where they are, we have today, wonder how many brought their shorts, sunscreen, sun hats and shades.:D

dead calm waters,

beautiful blue sea

and temps in 80s

sun from 3.am to 11.00pm

yours Shogun

Shogun,

Are you one of the Bagpipe greeters?

Hi All

dead calm waters,

beautiful blue sea

and temps in 80s

sun from 3.am to 11.00pm

yours Shogun

SAVE that weather for us! We will be there on July 1 and have the tour to Newark Castle reserved.:) Greatly looking forward to a great day around Greenock!

Hi All

Sorry to say the weather past week has been amazing, so expect it will not last,

so have a look at the web cam,

the sail away from Greenock is very scenic,

for those not sailed from Greenock, the main road runs along the waters edge,

giving space for hundreds of folks to line the river bank, local paper often

publishes details of ships so can be a great sail away,

hi sknight you do not want to here me trying to play the pipes, but will meet

Caribbean when she is Edinburgh in a few days

yours Shogun

in anticipation of my BI cruise next month...

I realize I have too many long sleeve shirts....so

but I already did toss one pair of capris and shorts in my suitcase....

Need to toss in a few SS shirts, or tank tops....

This is almost as bad as packing for Alaska...

Trying to find the perfect blend without overpacking...

Bernadette

in anticipation of my BI cruise next month...

I realize I have too many long sleeve shirts....so

but I already did toss one pair of capris and shorts in my suitcase....

Need to toss in a few SS shirts, or tank tops....

This is almost as bad as packing for Alaska...

Trying to find the perfect blend without overpacking...

Bernadette

That's the really tough part about packing for that part of the world.

Just did the 30 day itinerary ..... transatlantic from FLL and the subsequent BI itinerary, and really needed a little bit of everything. As a result we each took 3 suitcases, and needed all of it!! The cool weather clothes did get the most use though.

Hi All

dead calm waters,

beautiful blue sea

and temps in 80s

sun from 3.am to 11.00pm

ours Shogun

Hi Shogun,

You must have been at Greenock very early .

We were there at 8am picking up friends to take them on a visit to my native Ayrshire and by that time saw no one dressed for a polar expidition .Everyone was in summer attire.

In fact I noted to myself that no one was carrying rain jackets as we Scots would do.

Traveling down the Ayrshire coast there was a haze over Arran so it wasnt as prominent as it can be.

Despite this we had a wonderful day .

Edited by lanarkshire lad

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone please tell me how you go about making a reservation for The Sanctuary on the Caribbean Princess ? Can you make it in advance for the entire cruise ? What is the daily rate ? Thank you.

Could someone please tell me how you go about making a reservation for The Sanctuary on the Caribbean Princess ? Can you make it in advance for the entire cruise ? What is the daily rate ? Thank you.

Reservations are made on a first come first served basis on embarkation day, so rush up there once onboard to make tour reservation. Cannot be reserved in advance.

Cost is $40 per day, $20 per half day or $30 a day if booked for entire cruise.

Enjoy.

Lee Childers is the cruise director.

We were on that 6/1 cruise. Weather was pretty amazing for most, if not all ports. Was a little cool in the early AM and warmed up nicely. We did not pack for a polar expedition (lol), but layered and that worked well during the 10 day cruise.

The Santuary was not used much. In our wanders, We saw maybe one person there. They appeared desperate and gave us a nice tour, but being a port intensive cruise in that area of the world - there was no problems finding chairs and quiet locations if that is what you are looking for.

Greenock is a lovely port with a nice reception area. They were very accommodating. Free wifi and free tours, nice shops for souvenirs, places to sit, lots of info, etc). And there was an Aldi a block away - in case you're curious as to what the locals carry in their stores and their prices. (They do not refrigerate their eggs which are sold 15 to a pkg instead of a dozen as we are accustomed to in the States, etc.).

Edited by EmTeeNesters

SAVE that weather for us! We will be there on July 1 and have the tour to Newark Castle reserved.:) Greatly looking forward to a great day around Greenock!

Greenock is tiny and there is not a lot there to see or do, a withering shopping mall (The Oak Mall) and a big Tesco supermarket - think of a big Wallmart type thing. Glasgow is less than an hour away on train, easy to do on your own. And Glasgow has pretty much everything :) Welcome to the fab city that is my home.

And if you go on a half day excursion and have some time to kill locally nearer to the ship, head to the adjacent town/village of Gourock it's got much more charm than Greenock and has a couple of lovely wee gift shops, cafes and pub restaurants on Kempock street. In good weather is walkable too along the river promenade but sure a taxi won't cost too much. There may even be buses arranged.

There's even a fab wee outdoor pool/lido on Albert Street (Kempock becomes Albert St) and further up a nice pub on the ground floor or the small Spinnaker Hotel.

Welcome to Scotland :)

Greenock is tiny and there is not a lot there to see or do, a withering shopping mall (The Oak Mall) and a big Tesco supermarket - think of a big Wallmart type thing. Glasgow is less than an hour away on train, easy to do on your own. And Glasgow has pretty much everything :) Welcome to the fab city that is my home.

And if you go on a half day excursion and have some time to kill locally nearer to the ship, head to the adjacent town/village of Gourock it's got much more charm than Greenock and has a couple of lovely wee gift shops, cafes and pub restaurants on Kempock street. In good weather is walkable too along the river promenade but sure a taxi won't cost too much. There may even be buses arranged.

There's even a fab wee outdoor pool/lido on Albert Street (Kempock becomes Albert St) and further up a nice pub on the ground floor or the small Spinnaker Hotel.

Welcome to Scotland :)

We are on the first "Port Glasgow and Newark Castle tour" in the morning. May head to Glasgow later or perhaps take in Gourock. We may take a moment to walk through the local "Aldi" as that is my dad's favorite food shop here in the states.

• 2 weeks later...

It's about 15min brisk uphill walk to Greenock West station, longer to Greenock central. There were taxis at the terminal yesterday.

Trains are frequent, think about 2 per hour, some faster than other (limited stop) taking you to Glasgow Central Station.

There are buses too but those take longer so for the convenience, free Wifi and charging points (on some trains) I'd opt for the train :)