Koningsdam - Private Tour Meeting Place

SabreSailor

We arranging some private tours on our Koningsdam cruise. We would like some thoughts about a good place on the ship for the participants to meet - ideally, this would be close to the gangway. We have no tender ports.

Thanks!

Close to the gangway could put you in the way of other passengers trying to go ashore. Why not meet somewhere on the dock not far from the gangway?

Close to the gangway could put you in the way of other passengers trying to go ashore. Why not meet somewhere on the dock not far from the gangway?

Totally agree. Particularly as the gangway can be in different locations, depending on docks, tides and other considerations.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Understand - but it could be inclement weather, and for that matter, every port's docks are different.

I was thinking of a place we have used in the past which was the first floor atrium lobby on the Signature and Vista ships. Is there any place like this on the Koningsdam?

I've organized private tours on most of our cruises. I find that the Pinnacle bar is a great spot to meet. It's centrally located, has chairs to sit in, easy to get to e phone and call someone if they are late and just, usually, just one deck up from the gangway. Most of my groups have been 16 or smaller. I did have groups over 20 on one cruise and asked for assistance with exiting the ship so we could meet our guide easily. In this instance we met one deck 1 in the area just in front of the front desk. Hope this helps.

Crazy idea, I know, but why not wait until you get on the ship to decide on the best meeting place?

Surely you'll have cabin numbers to contact the people in the group by then and you can just pack some paper and slip notes in the mailboxes or under the doors to alert the group as to where you'll be meeting.

You can decide on a place now, that might not be appropriate once you get on the ship -- it may be closed or chosen by another group or being cleaned or harder to get to than you initially thought.

We met on the third floor atrium across from Guest Services. The Dutch Café has seating that is between Guest Services and the Café. It was a good place to sit and wait for the other members of the tour. If people are late or do not show up, you can call their cabin.