Best way to book?

As I'm reading it seems that most people book with TAs or through warehouse stores. We've always booked directly with RCI. I know we can't list specific names on here but how do I go about searching for a reputable TA? I specifically would love one that will watch for price drops for me- do some do that? I'm a homeschool mom of 3 little ones so I definitely don't have time for that. Our next cruise won't be until 2018 so we have plenty of time!

I can't give you my TA's name, as per the rules. And I usually, but not always, find my own price drops, but ask your friends and family about anyone they like. That's always a good place to start. I look online but would never feel right sending my money to a company if I can't talk to someone that's used them. I like going with personal recommendations.

Good luck

If it's just price drops you need, then simply Google for cruise price monitoring sites - usually the first one on the list gives you an option to monitor it for you (sends you an e-mail).

We usually check the RCI website for cabin availability, select the stateroom we want, then book directly on the phone with Royal.

This forum is a good source of info on price drops and a good Roll Call will also keep you posted. :)

I would swear that cruosecritic has a link on the main page to sign up for price drop watching.

I book with a big box for the onboard credit.

I have never once found a fare drop below what o had booked. Not even with CC's help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I'm reading it seems that most people book with TAs or through warehouse stores. We've always booked directly with RCI. I know we can't list specific names on here but how do I go about searching for a reputable TA? I specifically would love one that will watch for price drops for me- do some do that? I'm a homeschool mom of 3 little ones so I definitely don't have time for that. Our next cruise won't be until 2018 so we have plenty of time!

1) Use the internet to locate travel agents (TA) near you.

2) Use travel magazines to locate travel agents. Conde Nast Traveler publishes a list of "top" agents once per year.

3) Interview several TAs and find one that meets your needs. Ask lots of questions. Ask about change and cancellation fees. Remember a reduced cruise fare means a smaller commission for the TA. How much experience does the TA personally have with cruising? Does the TA have a preferred cruise line? Ask about membership in professional organizations such as:

American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)

Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA)

National Association of Commissioned Travel Agents (NACTA)

4) Ask questions here to double check what your travel agent tells you.