Grand, Aloha Deck balcony cabins aft

SheriffJoe

A couple of questions about the balcony cabins far aft on Aloha Deck, it appears that there is a door which leads right out to the aft pool area, is this correct? Are there any issues with the very last 4 or 5 cabins like A738, 39, 42, 43? I am thinking these would be great cabins on the 15 day cruise to Hawaii having a pool right outside your cabin, I already know the Horizon Court is right above these cabins, other than noise are there any issues with that?

I had an aft cabin R746 on the Caribbean and loved the position of the cabin and try to book in the same area when I can.

A few steps to the door, up a few stairs to the terrace pool, terrace pool and chairs, a few stairs up to Lido deck Terrace buffet and bar, walk through the seating area to the Horizon Court buffet or the elevator. A few times, I would get my breakfast from the buffet and take it back to my cabin and eat on the balcony. I like walking through the Buffet area to get to my cabin as it seem quicker and something to look at than walking along the cabin hallway.

I did hear a few times, people letting the door slam mostly during the day. I did not hear any noise from above.

Edited by phabric

I had an aft cabin R746 on the Caribbean and loved the position of the cabin and try to book in the same area when I can.

A few steps to the door, up a few stairs to the terrace pool, terrace pool and chairs, a few stairs up to Lido deck Terrace buffet and bar, walk through the seating area to the Horizon Court buffet or the elevator. A few times, I would get my breakfast from the buffet and take it back to my cabin and eat on the balcony. I like walking through the Buffet area to get to my cabin as it seem quicker and something to look at than walking along the cabin hallway.

I did hear a few times, people letting the door slam mostly during the day. I did not hear any noise from above.

Thanks.....I see Riviera Deck on CP equates to Aloha on Grand....anyone sailed in these on Grand can confirm its the same as this?

We were in A744 last January. This is an inside stateroom. It was a great location, easy access to the adult pool, buffet, bar etc. It was usually a very quiet area. The only noise we heard was from the pool loungers being dragged across the deck every morning and evening during setup or takedown. This only lasted a few minutes. I think it was around 6:30 every morning. It was a very minor inconvenience, and we had no problem falling back to sleep. While I would try to move a few staterooms forward if possible, we would have no problem booking this stateroom again.

Hope this helps.

We were in A744 last January. This is an inside stateroom. It was a great location, easy access to the adult pool, buffet, bar etc. It was usually a very quiet area. The only noise we heard was from the pool loungers being dragged across the deck every morning and evening during setup or takedown. This only lasted a few minutes. I think it was around 6:30 every morning. It was a very minor inconvenience, and we had no problem falling back to sleep. While I would try to move a few staterooms forward if possible, we would have no problem booking this stateroom again.

Hope this helps.

Excellent....thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps.

Karen or anyone else for that matter...is there a door that leads right out to the terrace pool area?

Karen or anyone else for that matter...is there a door that leads right out to the terrace pool area?

Yes, there are doors on both the port and starboard sides. Take the back stairs one flight up and you are at Horizon Court.

Yes, there are doors on both the port and starboard sides. Take the back stairs one flight up and you are at Horizon Court.

Great, thanks so I assume when you go out that door you are right at the pool and pool bar? That's what I am hoping anyway! LOL

Great, thanks so I assume when you go out that door you are right at the pool and pool bar? That's what I am hoping anyway! LOL

Yes, out the door and up 6-7 steps, and you're at the pool. I think the bar and HC was up another very short flight of steps. Up another staircase is a nice covered area with couches/chairs. (Smoking is on the port side) Up another flight of stairs is a hot tub. Easy access to all. I loved being aft!

Yes, out the door and up 6-7 steps, and you're at the pool. I think the bar and HC was up another very short flight of steps. Up another staircase is a nice covered area with couches/chairs. (Smoking is on the port side) Up another flight of stairs is a hot tub. Easy access to all. I loved being aft!

so if you have to go up some stairs to get to the pool what is right outside the door if you don't go up the stairs?

I agree, I wanted this for the 15 day to Hawaii so as to have a pool right outside our room as well as a close bar for the sip and sail deal! :eek:

I agree, I wanted this for the 15 day to Hawaii so as to have a pool right outside our room as well as a close bar for the sip and sail deal! :eek:

We have been to Hawaii serval times and always book on Aloha (708-638).

We love it! Easy up for a cup of tea or coffee. Close to the laundry, no extra noise, love the pool (heated), and great view. Don't book close to the back door leading to the pool. We have had some rough seas that cause the pool to over flow into the hallway and saw a couple of cabins with wet carpets. Princess took care of the carpets very quickly with fans.

Gilda :)

This should help you. The Terrace Pool sits between decks so you can see how you get from the Aloha to the Terrace Pool Bar. (smoking section on port side of bar) :( Once at the Terrace Bar enter the sliding glass doors and you are a few short steps to the buffet.

All credit for the photo goes to its creator.

cruise364.jpg

Edited by masterty

This should help you. The Terrace Pool sits between decks so you can see how you get from the Aloha to the Terrace Pool Bar. (smoking section on port side of bar) :( Once at the Terrace Bar enter the sliding glass doors and you are a few short steps to the buffet.

All credit for the photo goes to its creator.

cruise364.jpg

Perfect, this pic explains it all and yes I did book A743, last cabin on Stbd side so if the water comes in I guess we will just deal with it! LOL

• 1 year later...
A couple of questions about the balcony cabins far aft on Aloha Deck, it appears that there is a door which leads right out to the aft pool area, is this correct? Are there any issues with the very last 4 or 5 cabins like A738, 39, 42, 43? I am thinking these would be great cabins on the 15 day cruise to Hawaii having a pool right outside your cabin, I already know the Horizon Court is right above these cabins, other than noise are there any issues with that?

I am doing a Pacific Coastal cruise this April 2018 and have booked A729. I know it's below Lido Deck where the Horizon Court is and you would think there may be some noise. When I get back I'll post a short update on this.

• 5 months later...
I am doing a Pacific Coastal cruise this April 2018 and have booked A729. I know it's below Lido Deck where the Horizon Court is and you would think there may be some noise. When I get back I'll post a short update on this.

Any updates on this location? Noise, flooding?

Any updates on this location? Noise, flooding?

Oh yeah my update :) Location was very good with no issues at all. No noise, flooding, traffic in hallway you name it. A quick walk upstairs to food at Horizon court either via the rear of ship aft or stairs towards starboard. That pic posted by Masterty is convenient for others.