Carnival cruise Mexican Rivera ADVICE***

Hi there I am thinking of going on the carnival cruise line for the Mexican Rivera at the end of this summer August time possibly and id love to hear pro's and cons. There's three of us going in one room. I'd love to hear about the boat from personal experience and also get some advice from people who have done this cruise. Also this is our first time on a cruise. Thanks everyone for your help!

I haven't cruised the Mexican Riviera, but I did go to Cozumel and another Mexican port on the east side of the country in August and it was extremely hot and humid. The cruise was great otherwise.

Hi there I am thinking of going on the carnival cruise line for the Mexican Rivera at the end of this summer August time possibly and id love to hear pro's and cons. There's three of us going in one room. I'd love to hear about the boat from personal experience and also get some advice from people who have done this cruise. Also this is our first time on a cruise. Thanks everyone for your help!

I've been 3 to a cabin on Miracle and it is fine. We went in a balcony cabin which just makes it seem bigger.

Personally, I believe the overnight in Puerto Vallarta option is best because the ship stays docked overnight and you get to spend two days in a great town.

The Miracle itself is a nice ship with very good passenger flow and it never feels crowded.

Here is a review with several pics from Miracle last year: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2189665

It'll be Hot and Humid.

What cabin category?

Regular inside will have two lowers and a bunk. Insides with a French Door or Picture Window, OV, balconies will have a sofa (day bed) for the third. Sis finds the daybeds very comfortable.

Our choice is the overnight in PV or Cabo/PV/Mazatlan but for the right price two days in Cabo isn't bad, except for it being a tender port. We stay onboard the first day in Cabo, tender lines are light the second day.

Look one the West Coast departure and Mexican Riviera boards for more info.

FWIW we've sailed the Miracle to HI two years ago and three more times since October. A few more that I cannot remember inbetween.

Edited by SadieN

We have cruised the Miracle a dozen times. We prefer the Cabo/Mazatlán/PV itinerary. Mazatlán is a great port and as we are older we don't party late at night so the over nights are not as important to us. What ever you choose you will have a great time. I highly recommend the Steakhouse one night if your budget can support it.

Enjoy.

All I can say isbring warm clothes the airgoing down to. pV is. Very. Cool ...hoodies etc

It will only be really warm there

Been there in March and July ...sweaters were amust

Huh???? :confused:

If you are flying there, I doubt you'd be stepping outside the plane into -60° temps.

Otherwise, we are not even into mid-June here in south Florida, and we've had hot, humid days with a heat index of almost 100°. :eek:

All I can say isbring warm clothes the airgoing down to. pV is. Very. Cool ...hoodies etc

I was there in November and never thought about a sweater

I would never think to bring a sweater or that it Would be even close to cold out. I am thinking about bringing a light sweater but I won't be bringing jackets.

I have a FB group together for the August 27 Cruise if you are going.

I love the Miracle. It is my absolute favorite among all the Carnival classes of ships. Although it doesn't have some of the bells and whistles of the bigger ships, it does have some nice features that the smaller ships have. It never seems to feel crowded and has a great flow to it. Oh and the staff has been totally amazing! As for the ports, Cabo and PV are great ports to either entertain yourself if you are on more of a budget or take some pretty cool tours. I haven't been to Mazatlan in 15 years so I can't really testify to that.

I have a FB group together for the August 27 Cruise if you are going.

I love the Miracle. It is my absolute favorite among all the Carnival classes of ships. Although it doesn't have some of the bells and whistles of the bigger ships, it does have some nice features that the smaller ships have. It never seems to feel crowded and has a great flow to it. Oh and the staff has been totally amazing! As for the ports, Cabo and PV are great ports to either entertain yourself if you are on more of a budget or take some pretty cool tours. I haven't been to Mazatlan in 15 years so I can't really testify to that.

What is the name of the Facebook group?

image.php?u=365803&dateline=1334014086 loubetti user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmemichele viewpost.gif

If you are flying there, I doubt you'd be stepping outside the plane into -60° temps.

Otherwise, we are not even into mid-June here in south Florida, and we've had hot, humid days with a heat index of almost 100°. :eek:

We've cruised the Mexican Riviera many times. We also spent the night in Puerto Vallarta. No way in "H" do you dress warm. It was the worse ever for heat and humidity! Better wear something that sweat will wick because you're going to be hot and sticky. If you spend the night in Puerto Vallarta, I recommend you see Rhythms of the Night. Worth the money and very entertaining!

Roll call section for what?

A Roll Call is a group of people who are sailing on the same cruise.

Roll Call-Carnival-Miracle-sail date. If one does not exist you can start one yourself.

We are not allowed to promote fb groups on CC.

Edited by SadieN

We've done this itinerary a few times, and just recently on the Miracle. Although not necessarily my favorite ship, I liked the Miracle just fine and wouldn't hesitate to sail it again.

All of our Mex Riviera cruises have included PV, Cabo, Mazatlan. And after this recent cruise have decided that we have no desire to go back to Mazatlan ever. No particular reason other than it's just not interesting. Again, just our personal opinion.

Be prepared for hot and humid! We went once in July and the further south we got, the more humid it became. I assume August will be similar.

Have a great time!

It will be quite warm and humid at that time of year...

I think they meant the sea air while sailing from LB down to PV. We found that to be true as well! We cruised from LB in early October and it was very warm in LB and the day we boarded the ship was beautiful. But the first sea day going down south was very cool. We were sitting out on the Lido deck covered up with towels and with a lightweight sweatshirt on...even in the sun. As soon as we got to our first port, it was warm as could be!

And then on the way back, we noticed the same thing. The crew even said that stretch of ocean always seemed to be much cooler. It definitely wasn't COLD! But also not swim in the pool warm!

But the Riviera ports were HOT and HUMID! Esp. Cabo where we did a zipline tour in the Canyon area. Lots of walking in the direct heat from zipline to zipline. They are beautiful ports!

Not sure where the OP is coming in from...but we came from the midwest and the time change was a killer for me. I was more tired on this cruise than I've ever been in my 15 others. I just couldn't seem to shake it.