Verizon wireless travel pass

r&rlovescruising

I'm looking at international plans for our September cruise. They now have a travel pass where you pay $10 a day. It lets you use your current plan unlimited text, talk and current data plan and just charge you each day it is used. This is when you are on land. On the ship would be charged separately. Sounds really good but wondering if anyone has used and what your experience was....

Pros and Cons?

We used it Canada on our Alaskan cruise last month. It was $2 for 24 hours in Canada. I made one call, and the next day I got a text telling me how many hours I had left before my 24 hrs. ran out.

I like the plan. When we go on our Baltic/ta cruise in August we'll definitely use it again.

Edited by FritzG

I'm looking at international plans for our September cruise. They now have a travel pass where you pay $10 a day. It lets you use your current plan unlimited text, talk and current data plan and just charge you each day it is used. This is when you are on land. On the ship would be charged separately. Sounds really good but wondering if anyone has used and what your experience was....

Pros and Cons?

I only have a land experience. I used Verizon's travel pass in Europe. It worked as advertised. You get a notification every 24 hours that your current day is about to end. Other than having to add a +1 to the U.S. phone numbers everything was just like at home. It's $10 per day per country, so be aware if you are crossing borders. I have not used it at sea.

We just switched to T- Mobile because they include international data and texts in your plan. You only pay extra (20 cents) a minute for phone calls back to the U.S.

Another option is IMessage/FaceTime or What's App ( call/text) when wifi is available. Both work great in Europe and the Carribbean. Better yet, they are free 😀

I only have a land experience. I used Verizon's travel pass in Europe. It worked as advertised. You get a notification every 24 hours that your current day is about to end. Other than having to add a +1 to the U.S. phone numbers everything was just like at home. It's $10 per day per country, so be aware if you are crossing borders. I have not used it at sea.

Not quite. Just used this on the Regal 11-day Baltic cruise last month. It's $10/day even if you cross borders among eligible countries. It is $10/day per device however if you have more than 1 device on your account.

From the Verizon website: You are only charged one daily fee per 24 hours for TravelPass, even if you travel within multiple covered countries.

Very interesting. I will have to talk to our Verizon rep and learn more about this.

Talk to several as I tried to get proper information from out local reps before going to Canada last month and they said there was no such program. Tried to put me on a much higher cost program that was very limited finally I just signed up for Travel Pass and it worked out great for us.

We just recently used Verizon's $40/month plan on a 13-day repositioning cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to London ... and then for a week in London and Prague. It allows for 100 minutes of talk, 100 outgoing texts (unlimited incoming) and 100mb of download. It was plenty for us and allowed us to make calls, texts or check the web (mapquest, etc.) any time we wanted over that 20 day period without worrying about the $10/day charge.

We just switched to T- Mobile because they include international data and texts in your plan. You only pay extra (20 cents) a minute for phone calls back to the U.S.

We have T-mobile and it worked great in Canada, Caribbean, England, Germany and Prague. Texting, data and incoming and outgoing calls all were without problems. I think I paid an extra $0.40 for our stop in Canada and, maybe, a dollar for our time in Europe.