What ships do muster/lifeboat drills inside??

Anyone know about Adventure?

As has been said, most ships have some inside and some outside, and I'm pretty sure that includes all the Voyager class ships. It is based on where you need to assemble in case of an emergency evacuation, not on the most comfortable place to have a drill.

Our Oasis muster was in On Air and there were way more people than there were seats for.

Still better than the old days when you stood lined up outside for an hour first waiting for stragglers, then instructions, then the captain on a small ship or staff officer on a large ship would come by and check each and every life jacket. People would get pulled out of line to have theirs adjusted.

There were usually a couple fainters hitting the deck every cruise. And that was just our muster station.

We'd have to wait for all clear till every group had been visually checked.

I have also mustered indoors, then had the men marched off to the lifeboat boarding area, followed by the women and children. When we arrived, the men were standing back away from the rail and they lined us up in front of them.

I'm very happy to muster indoors.

In an emergency, that's how it would be done, men first, then women and children.

Much less confusion out on deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As has been said, most ships have some inside and some outside, and I'm pretty sure that includes all the Voyager class ships. It is based on where you need to assemble in case of an emergency evacuation, not on the most comfortable place to have a drill.

Anybody know about Adventure?

Anybody know about Adventure?

I think Paul65 answered your question that you quoted. Some are inside and some are outside. It depends on where you stateroom is and what its muster station is. In other words nobody can answer the question for a ship but only for a particular stateroom, good luck finding out that information. Although as anal as some here are you might actually find the answer.:D:eek:

JC

On Oasis of Seas, are all inside? We are on Deck 8.

Depends upon your cabin location on deck 8. We have had muster drills in the spa and in the aqua theatre. There were plenty of places to sit in both those venues. On Allure, we were on the Promenade right outside the Champagne bar. They provided chairs for people who could not stand that long. It took about 30 minutes. Our cabin was located on deck 8 all three cruises.

Edited by kalliekae

I think Paul65 answered your question that you quoted. Some are inside and some are outside. It depends on where you stateroom is and what its muster station is. In other words nobody can answer the question for a ship but only for a particular stateroom, good luck finding out that information. Although as anal as some here are you might actually find the answer.:D:eek:

JC

Adventure does indeed have both indoor and outdoor muster stations. Our muster station this cruise is in one of the dining rooms.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

In an emergency, that's how it would be done, men first, then women and children.

Much less confusion out on deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I seriously doubt that. No way they would break up families. There's space on each life boat for everyone for that muster station. Families would be seated together.

If they did- it would be chaos on the boat as families got back together.

Liberty had the muster drill inside this Spring 2016. I wasn't too pleased, as we weren't show our station and such. In an emergency, everyone isn't going to the MDR for instructions - rather the the vessels that can provide an escape if necessary.

In that case, the MDE *is* your station. You NEED to go there in an emergency and you will be taken to a safe lifeboat. If you do something else, you're putting yourself and others in danger.

There are always some muster stations inside and some outside on almost all cruises.

It depends on where you cabin is and its associated muster station.

Good grief.

JC

Exactly.

Jan 2014 Freedom in room 1700, our station was outside. (I remember waving at Disney Dream during their muster drill, thinking "people there think we're all jealous of them, but I am most definitely 100% pleased to be on this awesome ship!" and no one else was looking longingly at Dream, either...this is the only reason I remember the muster drill that time, LOL)

March 2016 Freedom in room 1864 our station was inside, in the lounge that used to be Egyptian themed.

actually once there weren't any and not only did it start on time, it was a few minutes early AND it lasted less than 20 minutes. GR out of Baltimore( but not that January departure heheheh)

Horrible way to prepare for an emergency; to anticipate the alerts and get there early. We should all head there AFTER the alerts sound, if we want to do it correctly.

When I cruised on Liberty of the Seas last summer, my station was outside. My brothers were inside though. We had rooms in different areas of the ship so that's why. So to the people arguing over having inside vs outside muster drills--- they do both! :)

Yep!

Why would anyone care unless the cruise is in the winter or somewhere cold?

There are always some muster stations inside and some outside on almost all cruises.

Good grief.

JC

Some of us who cruise have mobility/handicap issues and are not able to stand outside on the hot deck. That is why some of us care. Hope you never have to have back/hip/knee surgery. There are many medical issues that necessitate not standing in the heat on outside deck. They have always allowed us to sit inside after checking in. All muster drills on Celebrity are held inside for years now. Not an issue for most.

That was my reason for asking is my husband is in remission from cancer and can't be in direct sunlight or heat. On Freedom of Seas we were allowed to stay inside vs. on the deck where our original muster station was located. I'm assuming they will allow same on Oasis.

Liberty had the muster drill inside this Spring 2016. I wasn't too pleased, as we weren't show our station and such. In an emergency, everyone isn't going to the MDR for instructions - rather the the vessels that can provide an escape if necessary.

That would be wrong. Wherever you went for the drill is your muster station. That's where you would go for an emergency.

I seriously doubt that. No way they would break up families. There's space on each life boat for everyone for that muster station. Families would be seated together.

If they did- it would be chaos on the boat as families got back together.

I think that was a joke.:eek:

JC

Some of us who cruise have mobility/handicap issues and are not able to stand outside on the hot deck. That is why some of us care. Hope you never have to have back/hip/knee surgery. There are many medical issues that necessitate not standing in the heat on outside deck. They have always allowed us to sit inside after checking in. All muster drills on Celebrity are held inside for years now. Not an issue for most.

O, good grief.

Your muster station is assigned based on your stateroom. They are not inside on some ships and outside on other ships. They are both inside and outside on all ships (most likely answer). So, if you have an issue with your assigned muster station, you should discuss it with the ships personnel.

A lot of people don't like to be hot or cold or anything else, not just people with back/hip/knee surgery.

I find the muster drill to be a complete farce, but it is a rule that is has to happen.

So again, for those who want to be offended by everything. The muster station is based on where you cabin in assigned, and is not based on the ship as either inside or outside, for the nth time it is both on RCI.

JC

So again, for those who want to be offended by everything. The muster station is based on where you cabin in assigned, and is not based on the ship as either inside or outside, for the nth time it is both on RCI.

JC

Okay. So what ship should I look into, if I want to base my entire cruise planning on getting to do muster drill indoors?

That was my reason for asking is my husband is in remission from cancer and can't be in direct sunlight or heat. On Freedom of Seas we were allowed to stay inside vs. on the deck where our original muster station was located. I'm assuming they will allow same on Oasis.

Best wishes for your husband's complete recovery. My husband is also recovering from cancer (lung) and I had spine and hip surgery. Very little walking or standing for us. We still can sit on our balcony and watch the sea go by as well as enjoy other mild activities.

O, good grief.

Your muster station is assigned based on your stateroom. They are not inside on some ships and outside on other ships. They are both inside and outside on all ships (most likely answer). So, if you have an issue with your assigned muster station, you should discuss it with the ships personnel.

A lot of people don't like to be hot or cold or anything else, not just people with back/hip/knee surgery.

I find the muster drill to be a complete farce, but it is a rule that is has to happen.

JC

What a kind person you are. You don't really know what you are talking about. I know from personal experience on both RCCL and Celebrity.

Why would anyone care unless the cruise is in the winter or somewhere cold?

Good grief.

JC

Why thank you for critiquing someone's request for information. I wish *I* knew everything.

(comment about the Union Jack on the roof of a car that is now built by BMW deleted.)

Edited by Deatsch