Birth Certificate question?

Per the State of California it should take about 15 business days from the day they receive your request. More like three weeks, not 6 months.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/Pages/ProcessingTimes.aspx

That's a best-case scenario. Throw in a special-but-not-uncommon circumstance (e.g., adoption) & it can take quite a bit longer. Not sure if that's the case here, but I try not to assume anything.

That's a best-case scenario. Throw in a special-but-not-uncommon circumstance (e.g., adoption) & it can take quite a bit longer. Not sure if that's the case here, but I try not to assume anything.

If you examine the way the post was written it cites the fact that the person was born in California as the reason for the 6 month time frame. If there's some other special circumstance that explains the time, then that should have been stated, rather than pointing to being born in California as the reason.

AFAIK the only relevant issue is that he was born in CA and consequently has to get his birth certificate from there. However, he was told 6 months by the appropriate office. I can certainly believe that different local offices take different lengths of time, although I'm surprised any office says 15 business days.