Drinks on Arcadia

bladette

Yes I find them very reasonable. £3.95 for a pint of carling £3 for a vodka and splash of coke. We do get discount on these as well (10%) but as its your first cruise you won't get any (sorry)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please note that the standard measure is only 25ml like in a UK pub/bar.

When you consider other lines that provide a larger measure, the prices in some cases on P&O are more expensive.

Also be very careful of requesting for example a Jack Daniels & Coke as they may serve you a full bottle of coke with your single measure of JD. That will be around £3.50 for the JD and £2.65 for the coke. If you just want a small mixer can for £1, make sure you tell the server that, or costing even less is a 'splash' for 50p.

Please note that the standard measure is only 25ml like in a UK pub/bar.

When you consider other lines that provide a larger measure, the prices in some cases on P&O are more expensive.

Also be very careful of requesting for example a Jack Daniels & Coke as they may serve you a full bottle of coke with your single measure of JD. That will be around £3.50 for the JD and £2.65 for the coke. If you just want a small mixer can for £1, make sure you tell the server that, or costing even less is a 'splash' for 50p.

On the other hand if you drink wine it is much cheaper on P&O. And of course if you want to drink in your cabin you can get a ltr bottle of gin for £20.00 from room service. The Steward will supply ice and lemon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm trying to figure out if English Lady drinks spirits by the vat [emoji23] On the topic of sail away drinks (and a few other things onboard) I've noticed that the prices are more expensive on short cruises than longer ones. I suppose we are more prepared to spend more pppn on a short cruise but the threshold lowers on a longer cruise - P&O have this nailed, hiking prices or lowering prices to maximise potential turnover and profit (can't blame them). On the topic of Arcadia she is my joint favourite ship and I'm looking forward to sailing on her again in September [emoji4] There has recently been a lovely thread called 'fav things about Britannia' it was positive all the way through, I'm sure there would be lots of contributors to a similar thread about Arcadia!

Edited by Florry

Bar menu prices are on the P&O website here

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drink_cost

Brian

BTW the prices quoted don't appear to be the current prices as for some items on their we were charged slightly more on Azura recently, not a lot, but slightly so these are still a good indication of current prices. Edited by peteukmcr

On the topic of sail away drinks (and a few other things onboard) I've noticed that the prices are more expensive on short cruises than longer ones. I suppose we are more prepared to spend more pppn on a short cruise but the threshold lowers on a longer cruise - P&O have this nailed, hiking prices or lowering prices to maximise potential turnover and profit (can't blame them).
We noticed it that too, hence my previous post about the prices from the P&O help section in the downloaded menus. Especially when it came to the upcharges for the speciality restaurants that are more expensive on a short sailing. Actually I don't think that is fair and is a case of P&O fleecing the customer. Especially as many on a short cruise are using it to see if they want to sail with that line in future on a longer sailing. First impressions count.

On the other hand if you drink wine it is much cheaper on P&O. And of course if you want to drink in your cabin you can get a ltr bottle of gin for £20.00 from room service. The Steward will supply ice and lemon.

I agree, in some cases. Which as wine drinkers is good for us.

However, in the Glass House we found prices quite high by the glass for what wasn't a great wine, but that can happen on all lines until you find something that is agreeable to your palate.

Oh dear, that's the 2nd time we've agreed on something. Frightening.:D

Just a heads up on spirits from room service, on our recent cruise on Oceana we could no longer order bottles of spirits from room service, although it appears on p and o website it is no longer on the on board room service menu. We were told that we could still order measures of spirits to the room though !!!, when I questioned this I was told it was because we were not leaving EU !!!, but you could still order single measures or bottles of wine to the room, obviously the room service spirit sales were affecting sales of spirits in the bars, as I say this was on Oceana so not sure if effects others ships in the fleet.

Just a heads up on spirits from room service, on our recent cruise on Oceana we could no longer order bottles of spirits from room service, although it appears on p and o website it is no longer on the on board room service menu. We were told that we could still order measures of spirits to the room though !!!, when I questioned this I was told it was because we were not leaving EU !!!, but you could still order single measures or bottles of wine to the room, obviously the room service spirit sales were affecting sales of spirits in the bars, as I say this was on Oceana so not sure if effects others ships in the fleet.

Yes, if the ship is not calling at a port outside the EU they can't open the duty free shop. You could have a bottle of spirits delivered to your cabin if you were prepared to pay say 30 x the price of a 25ml measure :eek::D

It only effects Oceana on one leg of her two 7 night cruises. The one which visits Kotor goes out of the EU and you can get your bottle.

Even if the ship is outside the EU duty area, you cannot order duty free for on board consumption. Any duty free purchased can only be collected on the penultimate day. You used to be able to order duty free via your cabin steward but this was changed two or three years ago.

Brian

Those prices listed on the website are the same as we were charged on Oriana last week.

Some of the cocktails are good value as they are all a double measure.

The last few days the basic spirits were being advertised as only half as much again for a double. (eg £1.50 extra)

Getting a can of orange juice works out better value than just a glass, £1.75 for a 330ml can, you probably get about half a can if you order by the glass and have ice. The menu doesn't mention you can order a can, just ask for a can of treetop orange, it's proper orange juice, not fanta.

Duty free does not have the 2x Ltr bottles for £14 offer now, the cheap spirits are £9 a Ltr, so it's cheaper to buy it from the Spanish supermarkets if you are cruising there.

It wasnt a problem it was just disappointing after p and o website listed it, perhaps they should make it clear that it is not available on that cruise so people can "come prepared". We just went to a supermarket in first port (livorno) and bought some supplies and took them back to cabin. Steward kept us well supplied with ice and you can order a package of 12 mixers from room service for £9.95.

Even if the ship is outside the EU duty area, you cannot order duty free for on board consumption. Any duty free purchased can only be collected on the penultimate day. You used to be able to order duty free via your cabin steward but this was changed two or three years ago.

Brian

I was referring to the bottles you can get from room service which are not bad prices £20 to £26. That is for a ltr.

The D/F is about half that and as you say only available to pick up on the last day.

As the Gin is only £20 we never take any with us just not worth the bother

I think the prices on the website are without VAT - if your trip does not visit a port outside the EU then VAT is added.

:( :(