Eurodam 11 Day Meditteranean Tapestry

ksmaxey

We are on our way back from 14 days away and 11 nights on one of our favorite ships - the Eurodam.

We flew to Barcelona 2 days before embarkation and experienced all that Barcelona has to offer.

We arrived at the port at 10:45 and our cab was met by a porter who too all of our checked luggage. We quickly made our way into the terminal and through security which never mentioned the two bottles of wine we were carrying on. When we got into the Que for getting our cruise cards we were directed to the regular line but were in a Neptune Suite. We walked back and joined the proper line and quickly were processed. I noticed that there seemed to be an area for suite passengers to wait for boarding and "oh yes, you can wait over there." At 11:20 we were invited to board, but upon boarding were told that cabins were not ready and we could go to the lido. We had no plans to eat there but gave up and went to 9 since the crew was rather pushy. At 11:55 we headed to the 2nd floor aft and were seated for lunch in the dining room at 12:05. At 12:15 they announced that cabins were now ready. We finished lunch, headed to our cabin and by 1:15 our luggage was delivered.

A few notes.

The food was really quite good again.

We were very pleased to find Vincent as a concierge as he had been on last year in June for our Baltic cruise. He made both cruises hassle free.

The Tamarind remains a favorite.

We were disappointed to learn that there was no master chef dinner on this cruise.

We had the option to eat in the Pinnacle for breakfast as a suite passenger. This was a favorite last year. Last year the staff learned our names on day 1 and we were greeted by name each subsequent day and invited to come back for dinner each evening. This cruise, our names were never used by pinnacle management or staff and we were never invited to come back. (as a paying customer) It wasn't until day 4 that they recognized us and didn't ask to see our cards! Reflecting, it was quite a different experience and am reminded the importance of management setting the tone.

We settled mid way through the cruise with a great waiter and wine steward and then requested the same table and fortunately were able to sit there. Both learned our names the first night and used them subsequently. We similarly had the staff in the Gallery bar learn our names and welcome us back and note when we weren't present or went to bed early.

We loved the BB King Band. The Magician was one of the best and the comedian was good though we left early because the room was way too warm. There was a flutist who was one of the best ever. (will try to post her name when I have my notes)

An observation was that little information other than title was provided for shows and when I asked the cruise director at trivia he laughed it off as though it was intentional that we not know what we would get until we arrived. This meant several evenings large groups left when the saw the show wasn't what they expected.

This was our first cruise in an aft wrap and it was fantastic.

On the whole, the crew and food were excellent. We loved the itinerary and are looking forward to our next HAL Cruise.

We will be on the Eurodam for 24 days, beginning in August. We are 4 star, but this will be our first time on this ship. Do you have any photos you could post of the new décor, post dry dock? We are also in a Neptune. Thanks.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We were on the Eurodam in October 2015 for the first time in 9 years.

When we walked into the Pinnacle for breakfast -- no one asked to see our cards.

Now we did know one of the servers there from a cruise a few months before.

But -- the first morning breakfast when they ask your cabin number, they can see your faces on the computer and should not have had to keep asking your cabin number. They should remember your faces.

Glad you did have a great cruise.

We are on the Med Tapestry cruise in July. We aren't organizing any tours. Do you have any tips for people who want to explore the ports without booking a tour? Some of your favorite spots? As for the ship, any favorite menu items that can't be missed? Any dancing? I've read there's not much dancing on the ship these days. How's the AC in the common areas? I run cold and I was hoping not to have to bring a sweater since it will be toasty. I hate over air conditioned places.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your review. We will be on the ship in August, sailing from Barcelona. We are flying into Barcelona that morning and have transfers arranged with HAL.

Do you recall seeing anywhere in the port a place to buy bottles of water? We normally take bottles on water on board, especially to use in the evenings/nights when in our cabin or small bottles on excursions, but not sure where to purchase them as we will be coming direct from the airport.