Ordering cake for special occasion - NCL

DH and I will be having our anniversary on Norwegian Getaway cruise next month. I called to see about ordering from the bake shop ahead of time and was told by NCL that this was show up as an amenity ordered. I ordered a special cake topper and wanted it to be a surprise. Has anyone ordered a cake from the bake shop once they got onto the ship? If so - any tips/feedback you would recommend is appreciated.

While I haven't ordered once I was on the ship, I did order online prior to our cruise on the Getaway last summer. My Mom and Dad were celebrating their anniversary as well. I logged onto my Mom's NCL account ( I help her and Dad with all their vacation planning), ordered the anniversary package. It was very nice!! The cake was actually one of the best cakes we ate all week and the room was all decorated with balloons and a banner. Hope this may help you some!!

Thanks for the info. Maybe I can just work through the concierge sneakily once we are on the boat.

Theoretically, the bake shop cakes will be nicer than the anniversary package which comes with a cake from the galley. At the end of the day, I think that all of the cakes come from the galley, just the amount of work that they do to ensure the perfect presentation.

On board, pick a cake at the bakeshop, then coordinate with your butler to have it delivered while you are out to dinner or a show.

For my parents' 50th wedding anniversary on the BA, we had a cake photo print (icing transfer) featuring a photo of their wedding's cutting-the-cake ceremony. We ordered this online ahead of time, and took it onboard with us.

The day before the anniversary dinner, we visited the bake shop and asked if they could accommodate our special request. They were thrilled to help out - took the print from us, and told us the cake could be summoned by the maitre d once we were at our dinner.

That was one special night - and many of the NCL crew went above and beyond to help out.

We had our Golden Wedding Anniversary on the Sun the day we left Buenos Aires this march. Our daughters had arranged, from here in New Zealand, for us to get the Anniversary Package. It was a heck of a surprise and was a wonderful thought. Hope yours is a good as ours.

Mike

If you order a cake while onboard it will show on your account and that is more easily accessible to see on the tv. My bf ordered me a cake from Carlos bake shop while onboard and I looked on the tv and saw the charge and asked him why we had a $49 charge on our account lol if you order before hand the amenities is a separate paper that gets emailed to you. Whoevers email is on file with NCL will get the invoice. I've read in here that people tried to have it sent to another email but their significant other still somehow got the email of the surprise also.

The only cakes that can really be a surprise is the free cakes that NCL gives for special occasions. It's usually a strawberry shortcake. That you could arrange secretly through the concierge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I assume they keep the cakes frozen somewhere on board, so you probably need to order at least a day in advance so they have time to defrost one for you. This would be an issue if your anniversary is the first/second day of the cruise, then you would probably need to pre-order.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

• 2 months later...