Liberty balcony cabin choices

We are looking at cruising on LOS - I have a few questions - Difference between deluxe and superior balcony? On this particular cruise. The price is the same.

There are a few cabins on 6. Several on floor 7 & 8. Most are mid ship. Pros/ cons for which is more/less desirable .

Thanks in advance

Superior (D cat) is larger by the size of a sofa cushion. D's have a 3 cushion sofa and E's have a 2 cushion sofa (love seat). Also think the bathrooms are a little larger in the D's. We prefer the D cabins, but the E's are usually on the hump which is a very sought after location. All 3 decks are good IMHO, may encounter some noise on deck 6 forward of aft elevators. All cabins on 7 & 8 should be very quiet. Any cabin on the hump or right behind hump is a very convenient location.

Carla

We prefer the Superior (Category D) for the larger sofa...more comfortable for two people. Deck 6 is closer to the water and easy to take the stairs down to the Royal Promenade, so that where we try to book.

We prefer deck 6 (I like to be close to water) towards the aft between the elevators and the front of the dining room - so the 2/3 to 3/4 way thru the ship.

Very convenient to get to the promenade and dining (dining room down the steps and WJ up the steps...or elevator!).

If you care about being able to smell smoke from the smoking areas - pick the correct side.

We were not able to get connecting balconies on deck 6 for or April 2017 cruise so we are on Deck 7, I am going to miss the proximity to the ocean but the location is what we wanted!

Superior (D cat) is larger by the size of a sofa cushion. D's have a 3 cushion sofa and E's have a 2 cushion sofa (love seat). Also think the bathrooms are a little larger in the D's. We prefer the D cabins, but the E's are usually on the hump which is a very sought after location. All 3 decks are good IMHO, may encounter some noise on deck 6 forward of aft elevators. All cabins on 7 & 8 should be very quiet. Any cabin on the hump or right behind hump is a very convenient location.

Carla

Bathrooms are identical. Only the length of the cabin is different.

We prefer deck 6 (I like to be close to water) towards the aft between the elevators and the front of the dining room - so the 2/3 to 3/4 way thru the ship.

Very convenient to get to the promenade and dining (dining room down the steps and WJ up the steps...or elevator!).

If you care about being able to smell smoke from the smoking areas - pick the correct side.

We were not able to get connecting balconies on deck 6 for or April 2017 cruise so we are on Deck 7, I am going to miss the proximity to the ocean but the location is what we wanted!

Which side of the ship is smoking allowed on the outside promenade? And fore, aft, both? Does the smoke really have any affect on the balconies up on deck six (and higher)?

Thx.

Thank you all- they had 2 hump balcony available when I called so I selected 6640. Has anyone anyone stayed in that cabin ? Someone mentioned smelling cigarette smoke from below on deck 6. - I hope not ....