Shared Shuttle Service Fumincino to Civitavechhia

walkerspt

Was wondering if anyone had taken one of the shared shuttle services from Fumincino to Civitavecchia and could recommend one or warn us off one. There are several companies advertising but it's hard to know which one to pick.

There is a considerable saving over a private shuttle and since we're arriving a day early we have a bit more leeway.

Casafilia , I hadn't heard of theSmart Cruise Tours bus option but looked it up after your post. It goes on a day we want and the timing is good but I couldn't find any reviews for them. Do you have any info about them?

Katy

Casafilia , I hadn't heard of theSmart Cruise Tours bus option but looked it up after your post. It goes on a day we want and the timing is good but I couldn't find any reviews for them. Do you have any info about them?

Katy

No information but the name appeared on CC a while ago and was positive. The shared shuttle is offered the day we want (30 Oct) but not the bus which is what we wanted.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

We used Civitavecchia Cab Service on June 1st, and were very pleased. It was 69 Euros for two of us. The driver picked up three couples at the airport, and dropped us at three individual ships at the port. Quick and easy! We walked about ten steps and handed our luggage over to the ship porters. Civitavecchiacabservice.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've used Roma Shuttle's shared shuttle several times, both for myself and for my parents and have had good experiences for a reasonable cost.

There are several companies that sound almost the same, so here is the correct one:https://www.romashuttle.com/

Edited by cruisemom42

I've used Roma Shuttle's shared shuttle several times, both for myself and for my parents and have had good experiences for a reasonable cost.

There are several companies that sound almost the same, so here is the correct one:https://www.romashuttle.com/

Thanks cruisemom,

Did the shuttle deliver you to the cruiseship terminal itself ? I have booked them but the confirmation just said Civi port, I did tell them we're on

X Reflection . We're adverse to taxing our elderly joints before our cruise !

ec:D

Thanks cruisemom,

Did the shuttle deliver you to the cruiseship terminal itself ? I have booked them but the confirmation just said Civi port, I did tell them we're on

X Reflection . We're adverse to taxing our elderly joints before our cruise !

ec:D

Yes, they took us right to the ship's check-in area.

Hello Everyone: already picked up a lot of good pointers from this thread - we will be flying to Rome (don't even know the airport but must be a main one for Intern'l) -- for our Med cruise on the Harmony on Oct 16, 2016. We will be flying in 2 days ahead and our cruise will start from Civitavecchia - how far is this city from the airport? thank you -- seems the taxi/shuttle rates are reasonable = there will be two of us - Thank You for any info you can give me - for hotels, I have just been going thru the website for ideas.

Corkey Carol

Hello Everyone: already picked up a lot of good pointers from this thread - we will be flying to Rome (don't even know the airport but must be a main one for Intern'l) -- for our Med cruise on the Harmony on Oct 16, 2016. We will be flying in 2 days ahead and our cruise will start from Civitavecchia - how far is this city from the airport? thank you -- seems the taxi/shuttle rates are reasonable = there will be two of us - Thank You for any info you can give me - for hotels, I have just been going thru the website for ideas.

Corkey Carol

The airport is Fiumicino and is well out of Rome itself and even further from Civitavecchia (40-50 minutes). The general price seems to be about €80 for two people, less if you use a shuttle and share. There is a hotel at the airport but also a Best Western a €6 ride from the airport.

The airport is Fiumicino and is well out of Rome itself and even further from Civitavecchia (40-50 minutes). The general price seems to be about €80 for two people, less if you use a shuttle and share. There is a hotel at the airport but also a Best Western a €6 ride from the airport.

Thank You Mike!! appreciate this info. Corkey Carol

• 3 weeks later...

Katy;

I researched them and never found anything negative. I was going to use them from the airport until my flight changed. Will be using them from the port to Rome via the airport when I return in October. Grant

Corkey Carol

Depending upon what time of day you arrive and the whereabouts of your hotel the bus from the Airport to Terminii station is an option. Cost 4 euros per person. Our hotel was within walking distance of the station so we used it to get out to the airport. The day we arrived was at night so we arranged a shuttle through our travel agent.

If I am not mistaken, the Smart Cruise Tour buses do not go shipside. When we were on the B2B NCL Jade last February, family members who went on just one leg of the cruise booked their rides with SCT, Civitavecchia to Airport. They had to take the complimentary shuttle shipside to the port gate, then boarded the SCT bus.